Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Briggs & Stratton 2000-PSI 1.2-gal Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer 50% off $174.50 -$15 coupon

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2020 6:09 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1874 posts
208 upvotes
NB
Colin0317 wrote: Thanks for the informative post! I appreciate the links as well.
Do I need the quick connect as well or can I simply replace the tip?
Mar 26, 2010
8 posts
13 upvotes
Colin0317 wrote: Do I need the quick connect as well or can I simply replace the tip?
The quick connect is for the hose; one end to the pressure gun, the other end to the water outlet and the hose from your water supply to inlet.

Here's a diagram to explain this:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SY355_.jpg

The pressure washer gun tip (the nozzle replacement) is included with quick release.
Mar 26, 2010
8 posts
13 upvotes
Just received the order. Got the biggest answer I been searching for.

The hose is BOTH 14mm AND 15mm!

The end connecting to the "gun" is a 14mm. The end connecting to the machine is a 15mm!

If you want quick release, you will need this 15mm quick adapter to connect to the machine.:

https://www.amazon.ca/Tool-Daily-Pressu ... 486&sr=8-3

And this 14mm quick adapter to connect to the "gun":

https://www.amazon.ca/Tool-Daily-Pressu ... r=8-3&th=1

What I think of the machine?

I used to have POWER IT and ULTIMATE (Both Walmart brand $50 pressure washer); so in comparison, the B&S is better built quality, less noise better pressure for sure. I never used a gas pressure washer as I only need it for car wash.
Both the hose and the power cord is long enough.

Foam Cannon and Soap

MATCC II Foam Cannon and Mr. Pink liquid.

Here's a quick general results:

Results A

It's great IMO. The foam sticks and runs off the car slowly. Nothing crazy, but good enough. (I have a foam gun, can't compare).

Results B

Upgraded the orifice to 1.1mm. The foam is definitely much thicker. IMO, worth it!

----

Do you need the quick release adapters for the hose? NO, but it's definitely convenient to have.

Oh, and get the shorty gun. With the standard pressure gun and long wand attachment, it's very difficult to balance especially when your bottle is full (needs two hands).

https://www.amazon.ca/3000-Pressure-Was ... 894&sr=8-8

Sales ends tomorrow. I would recommend it.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1667 posts
906 upvotes
1.2GPM is pretty low. Good enough for washing cars, but that's about it.

As for foam cannon, don't expect magic going from 1.25 to 1.1mm. I'm using a Sunjoe SPX3001 with 1.76GPM and while it produces enough foam, changing the orifice didn't make much of a difference.

And I always say this. Get a splitter for your tap. one for your regular hose and one for a lead in hose going to your pressure washer. If the PW needs to stay at the back of the garage, get an extension hose for your gun. Having it in a fixed area, and not having to set up and put away for every use saves so much work when washing the car.
Apr 12, 2008
969 posts
311 upvotes
lichuck wrote: The quick connect is for the hose; one end to the pressure gun, the other end to the water outlet and the hose from your water supply to inlet.

Here's a diagram to explain this:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SY355_.jpg

The pressure washer gun tip (the nozzle replacement) is included with quick release.
Thanks for the diagram.. my question is why does this have to be so complicated? For instance, why is an adapter needed to connect the gun and the power washer hose, if it's from the same package? For instance, why can't the wand just connect to the hose directly

Full disclosure, I have no experience with pressure washers.
Nov 13, 2003
165 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
hi guys (@lichuck, etc), I have a couple of questions...

So I made an order for store pick-up on Sunday evening. A day after my order (yesterday), an email finally showed up that says 'thanks for your order'. when i logged into the site, it says 'order complete'. Should I bother to drop by the store to pick-up my order? Edit: I just phoned, it is ready for pick up... alright Lowes, why would you confuse people like this...

2nd question. I plan to use this pressure washer to wash the walkways around my house. Is it realistic to believe that this product will do the reasonable job (perhaps with the right spray nozzle tips)? Or I should look for other products? I do want to stay electric as I don't want to deal with a gas pressure washer. I probably don't mind spending a little more if there's a product that is far superior (and yes, I did watch the YouTube video that I am sure sent some people away). This product does look well built though, so I do want it to work for my use... Thanks!
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4889 posts
1645 upvotes
Debtario
fancypantsfloyd wrote: Thanks for the diagram.. my question is why does this have to be so complicated? For instance, why is an adapter needed to connect the gun and the power washer hose, if it's from the same package? For instance, why can't the wand just connect to the hose directly

Full disclosure, I have no experience with pressure washers.
It can connect directly, you just have to make sure its screwed on properly. The quick connects are just convenience upgrades, handy but not required
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Jan 2, 2011
273 posts
165 upvotes
Sale ends soon.... sooo... should I get it?

Only want for foam cannon cars and wash garage floor
Mar 26, 2010
8 posts
13 upvotes
learsid wrote: Sale ends soon.... sooo... should I get it?

Only want for foam cannon cars and wash garage floor
Worth it.
Jan 31, 2018
547 posts
1028 upvotes
Winnipeg
goal80 wrote: Is this model better since it has foam canon and higher gpm?
Depends how much value you place in the reliability and longevity of brushless motors. I'd almost never wear down a brushed tool, but I still only buy brushless tools these days.
Sep 1, 2015
127 posts
148 upvotes
Surrey, BC
goal80 wrote: Is this model better since it has foam canon and higher gpm?

https://www.costco.ca/powerplay-spyder- ... 70578.html
Better would be relative to what you want. More pressure is always better but 2030 to 2000 psi is negligible. You'd see greater variation just amongst those with a better municipal supply of water etc. 1.4gpm vesus 1.2gpm could be good because you have more water being output but again it is negligible if you think it would make a sizeable difference like a gas pressure washer which would give you 2.3 gpm or 2.8 gpm etc. If your goal is to use as less water as possible, this is also a negative.

Then you come to the aesthetics. That spyder is a 4 wheeled thing and entirely plastic. Better for movement on your driveway, whereas the Briggs is primarily steel and meant to stand once placed. In terms of storage, the briggs folds up. I've only used one wheel styler washer and that was the Karcher K2 follow me. I wasn't a fan. Especially because in the end, I found I was still lifting the washer and bringing it to where I was more than it was being moved around. Remember your hose length is often 25 to 35 feet. It would need no slack before you could walk forward with your washer then following. If I was stationary washing car, I'd rather have stability and no tipping over which is what the Briggs has here.

The included foam gun is near useless and shouldn't be counted. A lot of washers come with some form of foamer but they pale with real foam cannons the detailing industet developed. I have Karchers version of their foam cannon and Sun Joe's version. I still use the one I got from Amazon instead.

Costco has the better return policy. So that is also a factor. As an RFD'er though, factor in that one pressure washer is massively reduced on sale, and the other is at regular price.
Last edited by Harold91 on Apr 8th, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1497 posts
514 upvotes
Anyone able to get the 10$ signup email? I tried a few different emails and it doesnt arrive in any.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2184 posts
826 upvotes
Mississauga
Just got this delivered. As a side, I saw this being sold at Costco for 299.99 Heartland location

Here's my review:

Pros:
Solid frame
"relatively light" - relative because the gas ones are usually much heavier.
Long hose and power cord. There was some reviews that mentioned you can't use a power extension cable... but that's false it works perfectly fine with an extension cable.

Cons:
The wand feels a bit flimsy compared to the full MSRP. I was expecting more
The compactness makes it weird to roll up the cables and spray gun.

Longer review:
Small, compact and fold-able. This little unit pushes quite a bit of pressure and there are benefits to the brushless motor (or so we're expecting) and hopefully it'll last longer. I just quickly tried cleaning a few surfaces and here was the result I had (YMMV, I'm by no means a pro, just an amateur DIY and around the home user).
Brick (barely any color cleaning and change with the 15d connector.
Concrete little bit of color change
Stone - Can tell a pressure was over it
Cedar fence (I have horizontal deck boards on my fence) - was able to clear off the black marks part of my yearly maintenance. So it provides enough power (last year I used my neighbors 3000+PSI rigid and it was stronger and did more of a spread/coverage, for the cost and the fact its electric and no gas... its fine that it'll take me a bit longer.
Driveway - Pretty good. I find that it wasn't tearing it up like the 3000PSI one I used before. Lack of power is pretty cool for me (I have an asphalt driveway). I don't have one of those fancy cleaner units (but my understanding is that this doesn't have enough pressure or water to move it, I wasn't able to test this, so I can't comment).
Pressure treated Deck - Worked great.

Have not tested on car, or the soap unit but I presume it'll be alright. Maybe this weekend if its warm.. I haven't been driving my car so I really have zero need to wash it again since a month ago... still have the wet tire look from the spray haha.

Overall, for the price, I think its worth keeping. If there is the Ryobi ones around $250-300, maybe, but for sub $200 all-in, its pretty hard to beat... For the everyday user, I think its much stronger than a hose can do by itself, it does have some premium features like soap, longer hose and metal frame (I left out brushless because only time will tell about that), its hard to beat.

Finally, I'd recommend this as a buy.

Good luck, hopefully this helps anyone on the fence. PM or quote this if you want me to try something I might have around the house. Again, not a pro-tester.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Feb 29, 2016
329 posts
146 upvotes
Ottawa
I inherited a crappy, leaky power washer late last summer and started working on my fence. Takes about 1 hour per panel, probably because it's so weak. Should I assume that I'd be saving a lot of hose time by getting something like this, or would the GPM be too low to do a good job cleaning decades of dirt from my fences and deck?