Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Broan 110 CFM Bathroom Fan $99 ** starts tomorrow as per flyer**

  • Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 4:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2009
1040 posts
3667 upvotes
Van Isle

[Lowe's] Broan 110 CFM Bathroom Fan $99 ** starts tomorrow as per flyer**

Its a half day reno project for that shitty old mold infested fan in the bathroom that sounds like a cat coughing up a hairball. No pricebeat opp at HD as they do not carry this model.

PSA: always have a primer or four when installing a bathroom fan.....they can be frustrating at times!
inappropriate signature
77 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 23, 2005
1599 posts
709 upvotes
Yea, these can be a bigger job than they appear. I looked into redoing mine a couple years back when the motors were failing, and I realized I'd be cutting up the drywall in places and probably doing some refinishing. Not impossible, but more of a job than you'd think you are getting into.

Fortunately, I found an off-the-shelf replacement for my motors at Rona. Fixed the whole problem with 20 minutes of work and $15 per motor.
Newbie
Sep 30, 2010
75 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The one at Costco is on sale this week and it has a humidity sensor with the switch included, I couldn't remember if it's even cheaper at the warehouse, but this is the one online ($79.99 after $20 off). I can't speak to quality compared to Broan but I agree with @zero64 cause I was looking into replacing mine and actually purchased one (and returned it) cause it's a lot more complicated since the inner metal casing and mounts are all different sizes.

https://www.costco.ca/breeze-easy-compl ... 91181.html
The world is burning - can't we all just get along?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2004
2134 posts
653 upvotes
Montreal
I know they are more expensive, but inline bathroom fans are great. No noise, no vibrations.
Install the motor in the attic and a simple grille in the bathroom.
I have installed a Panasonic inline bathroom fan a few years ago and I'm happy I spent the money.

https://na.panasonic.com/us/home-and-bu ... etm-remote
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1253 posts
1963 upvotes
aznflava wrote: The one at Costco is on sale this week and it has a humidity sensor with the switch included, I couldn't remember if it's even cheaper at the warehouse, but this is the one online ($79.99 after $20 off). I can't speak to quality compared to Broan but I agree with @zero64 cause I was looking into replacing mine and actually purchased one (and returned it) cause it's a lot more complicated since the inner metal casing and mounts are all different sizes.

https://www.costco.ca/breeze-easy-compl ... 91181.html
It's $69.99 in store
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3999 posts
2475 upvotes
AMD wrote: I know they are more expensive, but inline bathroom fans are great. No noise, no vibrations.
Install the motor in the attic and a simple grille in the bathroom.
I have installed a Panasonic inline bathroom fan a few years ago and I'm happy I spent the money.

https://na.panasonic.com/us/home-and-bu ... etm-remote
Do you still have a fair bit of humidity in the room when you are finished showering? I went with a Panasonic fan too and was surprised how much humidity is still present after a shower. My fan is 110 CFM but my room only needs 60CFM. It is cleared out within 5 minutes or so, but I thought that my mirrors might stay clear the entire time, but definitely not the case. I installed it myself and did everything by the book. Maybe my expectations were just too high.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 7, 2014
1055 posts
321 upvotes
calgary
aintic wrote: It's $69.99 in store
thanks OP , im renovating my condo.. ill try one first and see how it goes
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
54494 posts
19322 upvotes
I know only use it during shower. There's Toto or Biodibet for the other times.

Braun is definitely decent. Tradesperson/builder put AirKing in the powder room. Good thing it's just that - no shower. The rest were Braun and do pretty well.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 23, 2005
1599 posts
709 upvotes
AMD wrote: I know they are more expensive, but inline bathroom fans are great. No noise, no vibrations.
Install the motor in the attic and a simple grille in the bathroom.
I have installed a Panasonic inline bathroom fan a few years ago and I'm happy I spent the money.

https://na.panasonic.com/us/home-and-bu ... etm-remote
That's a cool idea. I've always hated how loud these things can be.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3999 posts
2475 upvotes
zero64 wrote: That's a cool idea. I've always hated how loud these things can be.
Loud fans can be a good thing for those who are self conscious about their explosive butt music.
Sr. Member
Dec 12, 2007
705 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
I was thinking of replacing mine too but thought the job would be more of a hassle than it looks to be. I guess you could always try to get a handy man to install. How much do you think would cost to install it ?
Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2013
925 posts
732 upvotes
Ottawa
aznflava wrote: The one at Costco is on sale this week and it has a humidity sensor with the switch included, I couldn't remember if it's even cheaper at the warehouse, but this is the one online ($79.99 after $20 off). I can't speak to quality compared to Broan but I agree with @zero64 cause I was looking into replacing mine and actually purchased one (and returned it) cause it's a lot more complicated since the inner metal casing and mounts are all different sizes.

https://www.costco.ca/breeze-easy-compl ... 91181.html

I've installed these. Unless they've changed their design, you need attic access. It was still a bitch even going in the attic. Works well but not fun to install.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2005
2040 posts
476 upvotes
Lévis
zero64 wrote: That's a cool idea. I've always hated how loud these things can be.
Some fans are relatively quiet. Look at the sones level. Also, try to install a fan that is close to the power needed to your room size. Powerfull fan in a small room = guess what :)
Pourquoi pas?
Member
Dec 5, 2004
433 posts
463 upvotes
Quiet is good when you're taking a shower, but there's a benefit to having a loud fan when doing #2.

No need to replace the entire unit for finished ceiling spaces - find a similar model of the same brand and swap the motors. No need to take out the housing, fastening to studs, etc. Plugs are 99% identical across brand-names.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2004
2134 posts
653 upvotes
Montreal
SizzleChest wrote: Do you still have a fair bit of humidity in the room when you are finished showering? I went with a Panasonic fan too and was surprised how much humidity is still present after a shower. My fan is 110 CFM but my room only needs 60CFM. It is cleared out within 5 minutes or so, but I thought that my mirrors might stay clear the entire time, but definitely not the case. I installed it myself and did everything by the book. Maybe my expectations were just too high.
Yes there's still humidity in the room after a shower. I don't think any bathroom fan can change the air fast enough to remove all humidity. That's why it's good practice to install a timer and run the fan for let's say 15-30 minutes when taking a shower.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4719 posts
5727 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zero64 wrote: Yea, these can be a bigger job than they appear. I looked into redoing mine a couple years back when the motors were failing, and I realized I'd be cutting up the drywall in places and probably doing some refinishing. Not impossible, but more of a job than you'd think you are getting into.

Fortunately, I found an off-the-shelf replacement for my motors at Rona. Fixed the whole problem with 20 minutes of work and $15 per motor.
This.

It literally never fits right out of the box. Huge PITA...
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9671 posts
9131 upvotes
Markham
I was going to change the pieces of trash my builder gave me, then I realized this wasn't just a swap and plug. This is a lot of work, because they aren't universally fit. Such a pain in the azz. You may have to cut ceiling drywall and/or patch + paint.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1198 posts
547 upvotes
I’m a big fan of the Panasonic units. They tend to be quieter, but also a bit more expensive.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 29, 2003
5088 posts
3850 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I'm doing a bathroom reno in the near future, will this fan be worth it or should I go with a Panasonic?
Jr. Member
Dec 12, 2010
184 posts
77 upvotes
blitz23 wrote: thanks OP , im renovating my condo.. ill try one first and see how it goes
I just put one in my bathroom. It works great. Being in the same room as it, it’s still making some noice, but it might be that the venting isn’t adequate so there’s some back pressure creating noise. But at the same time, it has less deeper motor noise so it’s quieter from other parts of the house. I do recommend.

I did have to cut the ceiling drywall about an inch larger on two sides of the fan. And I had to re-do the vapor barrier.
Last edited by dazman09 on May 6th, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top