Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Buy Smoke Detector 2-Pack at $24.99 and get $25 Savings Coupon (Oct 10-16)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2019 3:49 pm
[OP]
Apr 10, 2019
53 posts
149 upvotes

[Lowe's] Buy Smoke Detector 2-Pack at $24.99 and get $25 Savings Coupon (Oct 10-16)

When you purchase a 2-pack "FG250A" smoke detector at $24.99, get $25 back in discount coupon applicable on your next purchase completed between Oct 17 to 23, 2019.
Images
  • product.png
  • coupon.png
  • terms.png
Last edited by kixtart on Oct 9th, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
11 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2576 posts
2040 upvotes
Clarington
Does it have to be the first alert ones? I need new hardwired ones but my house has Kidde right now.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8392 posts
3053 upvotes
Toronto
Since it' s a coupon, could you return the smoke detectors, then price match the Google Nest 2-pack from Costco and then use the coupon as well?
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3261 posts
3295 upvotes
GTA
OP, you should add the conditions of the $25 coupon. $25 off minimum of $100, $150?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1418 posts
734 upvotes
Hamilton
Any coupon / promo for CO (Carbon monoxide) detectors?
[OP]
Apr 10, 2019
53 posts
149 upvotes
I added a screen shot of the terms and conditions to first post.

1. It's very specific about the model number FG250A.
2. Reading the terms and conditions ... no exchange or refunds.
3. There appears to be no minimum spend for coupon.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3805 posts
2397 upvotes
Toronto
Lowe's sells the singles for $3.99 each during promos about twice a year...these are 9v battery only, ionization detectors.
Here's a previous thread with good info,
lowes-first-alert-smoke-fire-alarm-3-99-2271862/

My house has hardwired units in the hallways only. I bought these last year to supplement. I also outfitted my parents house with extra of these as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2218 posts
2183 upvotes
HamsiBrain wrote: Any coupon / promo for CO (Carbon monoxide) detectors?
Home Hardware has a battery operated carbon monoxide detector on sale for $20.37 (today is the last day of the sale):
https://www.homehardware.ca/en/battery- ... /p/3610551
You can also price-match it at Home Depot, for additional 10% off:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/kidde- ... 1000134278
Mar 7, 2008
699 posts
183 upvotes
Leask
This is great!

I have Nest in each floor as my main detector. Located in the hallway.

Than I have battery operated fire detector in rooms that I don’t go to as often (mostly in basement). I can use two more to put in garage.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1418 posts
734 upvotes
Hamilton
ahoroba wrote: Home Hardware has a battery operated carbon monoxide detector on sale for $20.37 (today is the last day of the sale):
https://www.homehardware.ca/en/battery- ... /p/3610551
You can also price-match it at Home Depot, for additional 10% off:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/kidde- ... 1000134278
Thank you. I've seen similar sale yet they were not close to OP's deal (almost FREE :)

https://www.costco.ca/First-Alert-Batte ... 15136.html

2 for $38.99 online, probably lower at store. FYI, website pic shows 5 yr warranty but they are actually 7 yrs. FYI, still looking for almost free promo :)
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2218 posts
2183 upvotes
HamsiBrain wrote: Thank you. I've seen similar sale yet they were not close to OP's deal (almost FREE :)
https://www.costco.ca/First-Alert-Batte ... 15136.html
2 for $38.99 online, probably lower at store. FYI, website pic shows 5 yr warranty but they are actually 7 yrs. FYI, still looking for almost free promo :)
You have unrealistic expectations.
You should know that "smoke detectors" (such as the one in the OP) and "carbon monoxide detectors" are not in the same class of goods.
Smoke detectors are cheap, basic and mass-produced; they are often put "on special" by retailers as "loss leaders", for around $10 or less (or even almost free, like in the OP); they literally cost $3 to manufacture. Builders buy smoke detectors in bulk for $3-$4 each to use on new homes.
By contrast, carbon monoxide detectors are in a different class of goods: more expensive, technologically more complex, they are never offered at the $10 price point. You will be waiting forever if you "still looking for almost free promo" for a carbon monoxide detector.
Last edited by ahoroba on Oct 9th, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20095 posts
7425 upvotes
Socially Distanced
soupmaster666 wrote: It's a good deal (FREE), but it's preferable to get photoelectric or dual-sensor smoke detectors over ionization-only.

Photoelectric smoke detectors excel at detecting slow burning, smoldering fires - the way the majority of house fires start. Ionization smoke detectors excel at detecting fast growing, flaming fires - kitchen fires tend to grow very rapidly to this state.

Ionization type smoke alarms are cheaper to manufacture and therefore cheaper to buy. They tend to be more prone to false alarms. They are hazardous waste and must be disposed of as such.

Ionization type smoke alarms are now illegal to sell in France, because of concerns about their effectiveness at detecting the most common types of house fires, and because of an incident when a truck load caught fire and led to radioactive contamination.

In any case, you MUST have Carbon Monoxide detectors on each floor of your home. The things last 7 years - that's $0.012 per day to protect your family from invisible, odourless, tasteless, poisonous gas.
While i don't disagree with you i have found ionization has worked fine all of my life. That said my detectors are currently combination because i want the most modern fire protection (and they run on AAs, longer lasting).
But i would get these as additional to what i already have since its hard to beat free.
But i would be concerned if anyone wants to use these instead of combination instead of in addition to.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people