Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Canarm Ceiling Light $59.99 (Reg. $234) and other (Price Error ?)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2021 10:33 pm
Nov 14, 2019
54 posts
68 upvotes
Ottawa
Mine was also cancelled. Never got the confirmation email but the person in chat had an order number and card was charged. It's unfortunate.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2011
1103 posts
434 upvotes
Got two of the $20 fixtures, wife don’t like. Will let go at cost. Ottawa
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3363 posts
2022 upvotes
Mississauga
Drakestar wrote: Cancelled while waiting in the parking lot. Such BS.
Lol, don't you need the pickup email confirmation before going to the store?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1901 posts
1066 upvotes
London
mau_mau wrote: Lol, don't you need the pickup email confirmation before going to the store?
Yup, I got the email. Even called while in the parking lot and the system still said to come pick it up. I suspect that if I had gone the day before, it would not have been an issue. Oh well. Still not a good business practice.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2996 posts
182 upvotes
Waterloo
The fan won't work in our master bedroom. The outlet box doesn't look like it would support a ceiling fan. We live in a older house and I don't want to risk it. And I don't feel like changing the outlet box for it either.

Let me know if someone is interested in buying it from me. I am located in Waterloo.

EDIT: SOLD
Last edited by jaimonn on May 9th, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: :arrowl:
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1073 posts
420 upvotes
jaimonn wrote: The fan won't work in our master bedroom. The outlet box doesn't look like it would support a ceiling fan. We live in a older house and I don't want to risk it. And I don't feel like changing the outlet box for it either.

Let me know if someone is interested in buying it from me. I am located in Waterloo.
PM Sent
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3836 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
I am running into some install issues with the ceiling fan.

Attached the mounting bracket to the ceiling. Safety cable is really short. Is the wiring splicing with marretts done whilst the fan/downrod is hooked into the mounting bracket? If so, the wiring on the remote receiver is really short too.

What is the temporary hook referred to on step 5?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3836 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
Finally got this installed after breaking the safety hook. All wiring has to happen whilst the fan is hooked into final resting position and not while it is hanging in the safety wires. Its best to install receiver first and then marrett all the connections. I used smaller marretts for the receiver connections as there are a lot of wires.

Hope this helps someone.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6040 posts
2699 upvotes
Winnipeg
GSD wrote: Finally got this installed after breaking the safety hook. All wiring has to happen whilst the fan is hooked into final resting position and not while it is hanging in the safety wires. Its best to install receiver first and then marrett all the connections. I used smaller marretts for the receiver connections as there are a lot of wires.

Hope this helps someone.
Did you get all the connections into the junction box? I had a hell of time also.
Nov 24, 2006
665 posts
431 upvotes
london
GSD wrote: Finally got this installed after breaking the safety hook. All wiring has to happen whilst the fan is hooked into final resting position and not while it is hanging in the safety wires. Its best to install receiver first and then marrett all the connections. I used smaller marretts for the receiver connections as there are a lot of wires.

Hope this helps someone.
The installation for this unit is brutal. The connection wires could definitely be longer and the reciever fits so tightly that it's virtually impossible tuck the wires out of the way. That being said once everything is up and running it does work nicely.

BTW does anyone know what the dimmer button on the remote control do? I was expecting the lights to dim when I press this button but nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3836 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
airmail wrote: Did you get all the connections into the junction box? I had a hell of time also.
Nope, partially into the junction box. also bundling several ground wires was a pain.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3836 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
shaolin_x wrote: The installation for this unit is brutal. The connection wires could definitely be longer and the reciever fits so tightly that it's virtually impossible tuck the wires out of the way. That being said once everything is up and running it does work nicely.

BTW does anyone know what the dimmer button on the remote control do? I was expecting the lights to dim when I press this button but nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Its certainly is a tight fit with extremely short wires and no remote control buttons instructions. The dimmer button does squat for me.

Overall not a bad fan for my spare bedroom but install is a b*tch.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6040 posts
2699 upvotes
Winnipeg
GSD wrote: Its certainly is a tight fit with extremely short wires and no remote control buttons instructions. The dimmer button does squat for me.

Overall not a bad fan for my spare bedroom but install is a b*tch.
The dimmer works, try it when it’s dark in the room, you just don’t notice as much
It must be a LED thing.
Last edited by airmail on May 14th, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3836 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
airmail wrote: The dimmer works, try it when it’s dark in the room.
It must be a LED thing.
Will try thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2008
1040 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
nersisd wrote: I have 2 of the light fixtures I changed my mind on if anyone wants... Mississauga
Pm’ed
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2008
1040 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone with a spare fan one in West GTA, please let me know. Thanks!
Dec 13, 2018
193 posts
179 upvotes
Placed my order the same day as everyone else. Few hours later I got an email for pick up. Later on the same day I get a call telling me it was a price error and order was cancelled. Fast forward to now and it still says "avalaible for pickup" so I call and it's still pending on their end. My order was picked and I just grabbed it. Winner Winner!
Oct 22, 2013
102 posts
21 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Anyone willing to sell canarm light. Please pm. I did buy 1 , need one more.