Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Canfor 2-in x 4-in x 92-5/8-in (92 5/8-in) Kiln-Dried Whitewood Select Sud - $5.06

  • Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2021 9:24 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 30, 2013
760 posts
845 upvotes

[Lowe's] Canfor 2-in x 4-in x 92-5/8-in (92 5/8-in) Kiln-Dried Whitewood Select Sud - $5.06

Seems like a steal for 2x4 right now. Too bad i finished framing my basement a couple of weeks ago with the $9 2x4's.
Lowe's studs are relatively pretty poor quality (in terms of straightness) compared to HD from my experiences.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=lws&prod=5637181704

I would order online for store pick up, so no issues with price in store.

It's even showing $4.09 as a low end....
63 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1239 posts
857 upvotes
onthemove wrote: Are these good for planter boxes?
Eventually they will rott out since they're not pressure treated.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 1, 2017
1461 posts
815 upvotes
paintballdude05 wrote: Eventually they will rott out since they're not pressure treated.
Pressure treated wood is a no go if the planters used to grow vegetables.

Need cedar or treat the wood yourself.
Sr. Member
Sep 5, 2008
736 posts
678 upvotes
Port Moody
marcfar wrote: Seems like a steal for 2x4 right now. Too bad i finished framing my basement a couple of weeks ago with the $9 2x4's.
Lowe's studs are relatively pretty poor quality (in terms of straightness) compared to HD from my experiences.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=lws&prod=5637181704

I would order online for store pick up, so no issues with price in store.

It's even showing $4.09 as a low end....
Thanks! In for a 20,000 TEU container ship full. Does anyone know if Lowe's helps with loading? As well, anyone foresee any problems getting it through the Suez Canal?
Sr. Member
Mar 5, 2016
947 posts
680 upvotes
Thanks OP, been putting off projects because I didn't want to get gouged. This is good! In for a few.
Member
Feb 13, 2016
480 posts
618 upvotes
paintballdude05 wrote: Eventually they will rott out since they're not pressure treated.
Fair enough, I think I will go with these and wrap them in thin plastic sheets
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2017
311 posts
368 upvotes
Whitby
Also...
2 x 12 x 8 Treated $18
2 x 12 x 12 Treated $28
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2005
1241 posts
827 upvotes
MrMello wrote: Also...
2 x 12 x 8 Treated $18
2 x 12 x 12 Treated $28
Ordered both via Incognito... checkout wouldn’t work with regular browser!
RFD has saved & made me $$$
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2217 posts
1793 upvotes
BC
How ironic... In BC there is none and in AB it's available for pickup...

Don't we produce this in our province? We seems to be always screwed over on pricing for everything in BC
Member
Dec 3, 2008
413 posts
341 upvotes
Bought a couple to fix stud spacing in the basement while prepping for drywall. Even though I’m not expecting great quality, I still think these sticks will disappoint lol.
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2017
311 posts
368 upvotes
Whitby
DOC SB wrote: Ordered both via Incognito... checkout wouldn’t work with regular browser!
I had no issues. But good to know.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1108 posts
326 upvotes
if my order for basement framing - full bundle - goes through, we need to setup a gofundme for OP
"A festivus for the rest of us"

Items for Sale:
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 22, 2012
718 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
PerformingAzura wrote: Pressure treated wood is a no go if the planters used to grow vegetables.

Need cedar or treat the wood yourself.
What would you treat the wood with?

And thanks OP, ordered a bit to just keep around for future projects. Just bought a bunch at homedepot last week at $9!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2006
1840 posts
767 upvotes
GTA
platinumtiger19 wrote: What would you treat the wood with?

And thanks OP, ordered a bit to just keep around for future projects. Just bought a bunch at homedepot last week at $9!
I just built some garden beds with regular non-PT wood.
I treated it myself with raw linseed oil, as suggested from people online and from some research I did the past couple of months. Don't get the boiled oil, as I hear it's not good for gardens.
Home Hardware sells a gallon @ $39.99.
https://www.homehardware.ca/en/378l-raw ... /p/1675921
Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2017
528 posts
407 upvotes
can this be used to build a bathroom in my basement? why is it cheaper than the rest? what is the difference?

Top