Expired Hot Deals

Lowe's

Chamberlain 1.25-HP Whisper Drive Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with Built-in Wi-Fi and Battery Back-Up $334.50

Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1649 posts
1697 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP!
I would wait for the other deals if I could, but my GDO just died yesterday. Was able to PM @ Lowes in store.
Jan 27, 2017
218 posts
117 upvotes
Paulie1RFD wrote: Sorry I can't link to it but Canadian Tire has a Chamberlain garage door opener coming up on sale for 239.99. Big Red 99th Anniversary Sale.
Sorry buddy. The Canadian Tire one (regular $370 now $289) looks similar but has less Horsepower (only 1/2 Hp) vs this one with 1 1/4 hp.

Thanks OP for this hot deal.
Jan 27, 2017
218 posts
117 upvotes
zeon64 wrote: Posting not so much about this deal but what you can do with it. My doors are 9' high and I was able to switch to a liftmaster solid 10' rail by visiting a door supplier. Was cheaper than the Chamberlain extension bars and more solid. Did this on our four doors with no problems. Highly recommend.
You needed to replace all 4 GDOs at the same time? Or is it a new build?

How much are the one piece rail extensions?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1423 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
When I purchased my TownHouse 5 years ago, I went to Lowe's (Newmarket) and purchased the older version of this GDO. The price was for $180 + tax (with Bracket and installation included).

This year, is a different story.

I end up going to Home Depot, since they have a better deal as well as you can finance it for a cheaper rate. Sadly the installation was no longer offered. I am in the process of installing this model. We got it for $399 two months ago.
One of the happiest moments in life . . .
"is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change"
Jan 3, 2013
606 posts
240 upvotes
Winnipeg
smartcdn2 wrote: You needed to replace all 4 GDOs at the same time? Or is it a new build?

How much are the one piece rail extensions?
New build. The extension rails were $125 each for the 10ft and 8ft was a bit cheaper. Many garage door suppliers sell them. They're liftmaster and you can hook them up to Chamberlain as Chamberlain manufactures liftmaster. Remember to get the different bracket where the rail attaches. The supplier will know what you're talking about when you ask. This is commonly done.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4428 posts
1975 upvotes
Parry Sound
This model comes down to $299 quite often. There's also a camera version of this model but the upgraded version with built-in LED lights and a camera goes for $299 every now and then (it was posted on RFD a few months back).

If you're not in a rush you could likely get a better deal near the holidays.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Oct 26, 2008
211 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
jasonchan wrote: Thanks OP!
I would wait for the other deals if I could, but my GDO just died yesterday. Was able to PM @ Lowes in store.
How did you PM this at Lowes? What were you savings?
- Go Leafs Go!!! :evil: