Van Isle

Chamberlain B970C Garage Door Opener possible pm at HD for $236xx

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
July 22, 2019
Retailer:
Lowes
**starts tomorrow in-store only** I believe this is hotter than last weeks price. Reg sale price is $309 then deduct minimum 15% with scrath and save. Definite PM opportunity with HD on this could bring it down to $236.xx with a pricebeat and the minimum 15% scratch and save at Lowes. I would attempt if I lived close.
inappropriate signature
32 replies
Aug 16, 2013
22 posts
53 upvotes
Regular sale price shows 409 to me in the link you have provided.
[OP]
Dec 10, 2009
623 posts
1700 upvotes
Van Isle
brararsh23 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 10:18 pm
Regular sale price shows 409 to me in the link you have provided.
My post clearly states **starts tomorrow**
inappropriate signature
Feb 28, 2016
605 posts
251 upvotes
I was able to do this with the sale on the 750c last week. I actually ended up getting it for cheaper than the PM and beat 10% difference because the CSR wasnt very good at math. Either way, the 750c is already overkill for my needs and stepping up to the 970c would just be a waste.
[OP]
Dec 10, 2009
623 posts
1700 upvotes
Van Isle
Deal confirmed. Phoned HD and was able to get the Chamberlain B970C for $236.39 + 12% tax. I am hoping I don't get a model that screeches like one RFD'er posted last week.
inappropriate signature
Dec 22, 2008
659 posts
60 upvotes
London
Adding onto this because I was gonna make a post about it.

So how would this work? Would you need to BUY it from Lowes to show that you got the 15% scratch and save? Then bring the receipt to Home Depot?

If so right now until July 24 Home Depot is offering 10% off (including taxes) on purchases made with their Home Depot credit card (I just applied for one, supposedly no hidden fees, or fees of any kind). So technically the total cost would be: $240.41 after tax.

Damn, and I paid like $285 for it just now. Might be worth the hassle if it works still
Feb 28, 2016
605 posts
251 upvotes
3py0n wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 11:38 am
Adding onto this because I was gonna make a post about it.

So how would this work? Would you need to BUY it from Lowes to show that you got the 15% scratch and save? Then bring the receipt to Home Depot?

If so right now until July 24 Home Depot is offering 10% off (including taxes) on purchases made with their Home Depot credit card (I just applied for one, supposedly no hidden fees, or fees of any kind). So technically the total cost would be: $240.41 after tax.

Damn, and I paid like $285 for it just now. Might be worth the hassle if it works still
Theres two ways of doing it.

1. Go buy it at Lowes, get the 15% off applied, and bring in your receipt to HD and see if they'll PM and beat by 10%. If you were to scratch and save and get more than 15% off I don't think they'd match and beat that, but you never know. Then you'll just have to return the first one to Lowes. This is how I got my 750c.

2. Go to HD customer service and mention the promotion and sale price. From there they should be able to figure out the final price with the PM and beat. Just make sure you have the item up on your phone from the Lowe's website.
Dec 22, 2008
659 posts
60 upvotes
London
I tried just now to show the promo and sale price, no go from manager unfortunately.

And I COULD try to buy it at Lowe's first but kinda lazy now lol spent almost 1.5hrs trying all kinds of things haha I'll just be happy with my purchase.

For those who couldn't take advantage of the 15% off at Lowe's because HD wouldn't PM, just have HD PM their 309 price then take advantage of their 10% off with their HD credit card (it's based on after tax price) to save an additional 10% after tax.
[OP]
Dec 10, 2009
623 posts
1700 upvotes
Van Isle
3py0n wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 12:17 pm
I tried just now to show the promo and sale price, no go from manager unfortunately.

And I COULD try to buy it at Lowe's first but kinda lazy now lol spent almost 1.5hrs trying all kinds of things haha I'll just be happy with my purchase.

For those who couldn't take advantage of the 15% off at Lowe's because HD wouldn't PM, just have HD PM their 309 price then take advantage of their 10% off with their HD credit card (it's based on after tax price) to save an additional 10% after tax.
Its very simple and painless. Just go on chat with HD csr and link them the Lowes flyer price of $309. HD will beat that by 10% then you also mention to them that Lowes has til tomorrow MINIMum 15% off scratch. HD csr will then apply a further 15% off which brings it to $236.xx

If you really want to get creative you can sign up for HD PRO-X which will be a further 5% off then you can try to apply an email sign-up bonus of 5 or 10 bux....i cant remember. You could end up with this unit for $215-$220 out the door. It worked for me.
inappropriate signature
Feb 10, 2006
667 posts
304 upvotes
Winnipeg
3py0n wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 12:17 pm

That's weird, I would definitely connect with customer service and let them know. It was painless for me. The manager checked out the price, the 15% is the minimum scratch amount, and then took the 10% off. Took like 10-12 minutes total including the rep calling the manager to process as I had actually purchased the opener 9-10 days ago with a previous price match. They just refunded the old transaction and created a new one.
Dec 22, 2008
659 posts
60 upvotes
London
I tried, but the manager on duty didn't want to match it along with the 15% scratch and save :(
Oct 17, 2017
43 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anybody know if this the lowest price ever.

Last year there was a sale for 271.15
Oct 17, 2017
43 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
Managed to do PM via Online chat support with HD. Ordered it. $236.39. Thanks OP Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Nov 15, 2008
90 posts
49 upvotes
scarborough
managed to do PM via online chat with HD as well for 236.39

thanks!
Jul 21, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Can you post your receipt here, mark out personal info. I tried online but the agent is asking proof.