Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Chamberlain Garage door opener $249 Wifi,belt,+

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2018 2:47 pm
Sep 4, 2013
338 posts
424 upvotes
Edmonton
yuprules wrote: WARNING. The app can only be installed on ONE PHONE.

So if you want your spouse to also have control over the Internet...nope. So it's kind of stupid if you need two people with the app..
Not true. It’s running on my phone and my wife’s phone at the same time, but we use the same login info for the app
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10229 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
vcheng20 wrote: Not true. It’s running on my phone and my wife’s phone at the same time, but we use the same login info for the app
You should tell everyone on the Lowe's reviews that, everyone gave it 1 star because they couldn't setup another phone :)

I actually didn't enable that...I don't need my garage door hacked and opened remotely thank you. :)
Feb 7, 2012
762 posts
1513 upvotes
Toronto
milanshergill wrote: Yes and 10% meet and beat offer on top of $249 :)
@silvergenesis
i tried to PM and beat via HD chat and wasn't able to. I have had success in PM in store with lowes save the tax before so maybe it depends on the agent?
Mar 7, 2011
40 posts
7 upvotes
Markham, ON
milanshergill wrote: Yes and 10% meet and beat offer on top of $249 :)
Sweet, thanks for the tip! Just successfully PM'd two units at the Woodbine and Hwy7 location. $450 for two all in. Look for a guy named Sandy. He originally said he couldn't beat the price because he thought the UPC numbers were different but then he checked and they're the exact same. So he'll know what to do if you go through him.
Jun 17, 2010
86 posts
59 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
Not deal related... But does anyone know the process for converting a manual door to use a GDO? Is it extremely difficult?
May 30, 2006
481 posts
393 upvotes
boojew wrote: Argh. I need one of these, but they won't ship to QC :(
I just checked out with delivery to QC. Do they cancel it afterwards?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1719 posts
1082 upvotes
Hamilton
JonSnow wrote: Don't like the idea of having wifi built in on a GDO, rather way the extra for the bridge.

Anyways call Ron for install, i think the thread speaks for itself.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/garage- ... #p28800474
Could you care to elaborate please? I thought less parts less failure besides you may always add gateway/hub as it has built in MyQ.
Feb 6, 2016
9 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Home Depot refused to price match, beat by 10%, and honour the no tax event Lowe has. Said they could only do one promotion.
Sep 4, 2013
338 posts
424 upvotes
Edmonton
yuprules wrote: You should tell everyone on the Lowe's reviews that, everyone gave it 1 star because they couldn't setup another phone :)

I actually didn't enable that...I don't need my garage door hacked and opened remotely thank you. :)
I guess I’m pretty trusting. We really enjoy the ability to have the alerts when we forget to close the door and be able to close it when required anywhere. We left for vacation and on the way to the airport, the phone reminded us to close the door and it was super. It’s also good when we go for bike rides where we can just open and close the door with our phones
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4313 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
AnnaT754 wrote: Home Depot refused to price match, beat by 10%, and honour the no tax event Lowe has. Said they could only do one promotion.
Take your business elsewhere then.
May 22, 2016
812 posts
1043 upvotes
Good timing, need this. Bought two.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
4239 posts
1966 upvotes
HamsiBrain wrote: Could you care to elaborate please? I thought less parts less failure besides you may always add gateway/hub as it has built in MyQ.
Yes i can always add a gateway if desired after, the reason i don't like wifi built in on a GDO is because it's an item you install once and its replaced rarely ie decade if not longer. With the recent WiFi vulnerabilities it's unlikely every device will be patched, even if that's not a worry for current models if someone can verify we don't really know about the future. I'd rather pay the extra 100 dollars to replace a gateway if/when needed than replace my 2 GDO.

GDOs are not as easy to replace unlike a door bell or light switch, plus it's the biggest entry way into your house. If the wifi GDO has a physical switch to disable wifi if/when required then the above is moot.
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10229 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
HamsiBrain wrote: Could you care to elaborate please? I thought less parts less failure besides you may always add gateway/hub as it has built in MyQ.
Obviously this Wifi device built into this garage door opener will NEVER be updated. How in the world do you even update the firmware of a garage door opener? :) The app has no such function, WPA2 was cracked back in January...no update there to this garage door opener.

This is why I'd never connect/setup this Wifi / Open / Close/ Monitor to my home wifi.

Hack the largest door to my home where my car/bikes/ladders/lawnmower are located? NO THANK YOU.
Apr 17, 2008
95 posts
46 upvotes
For those of you who missed it, for a bit more, this higher end version is on sale now for $279 less $25 promo (CODE "SAVE25" when you spend $175 or more). It is 1.25HP vs 0.75HP in the OP, and it has battery backup.

https://www.lowes.ca/garage-door-openers/chamberlain-125-hp-whisper-drive-belt-drive-garage-door-opener-with-built-in-wi-fi-and-battery-back-up_g2556134.html

Enjoy.
Jan 22, 2003
300 posts
192 upvotes
One thing to keep in mind for those upgrading, if you've got an older car, the newer security 2.0+ version of homelink does not work with the older version of homelink in your car. I've got a 2006 TSX and need to buy the Homelink Bridge in order to use my car's homelink buttons. Not worth the extra $60 as the car will be going away sometime.

Still, something to keep in mind for those who use it and before you spend hours trying to get homelink working w/o luck.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5027 posts
1789 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
rtjw wrote: For those of you who missed it, for a bit more, this higher end version is on sale now for $279 less $25 promo (CODE "SAVE25" when you spend $175 or more). It is 1.25HP vs 0.75HP in the OP, and it has battery backup.
I should be installing mine today. Replacing 15 year old one that's struggling and loud.
Jun 20, 2017
75 posts
23 upvotes
Hello all,

I just bought the 0.75HP from costco for 299.99 and I was wondering if it would be overkill if I purchased the 1.25HP for a single car garage. (It helps that the "better" one is actually cheaper lol)