Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Chamberlain GDO Smart Phone-Controlled Ultra-Quiet and Strong Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with Plus Lifting Power

Feb 9, 2011
914 posts
514 upvotes

[Lowe's] Chamberlain GDO Smart Phone-Controlled Ultra-Quiet and Strong Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with Plus Lifting Power

I guess not a bad price......with $100 off.

Can always PM / price beat at Home Depot. Worked for me and picked up 2 for $547 tax in. Pretty good for $273 each tax in. Same SKU 012381186907 in both stores.

Smart Phone-Controlled Ultra-Quiet and Strong Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with Plus Lifting Power

Built-in MyQ technology to keep you connected and protected: open, close, and know the status of your garage door from anywhere with a smartphone or tablet with the MyQ App
Steel-reinforced belt drive is constructed with high-grade materials for years of worry-free, long-lasting, and ultra-quiet operation - perfect for attached garages
Powered by Chamberlain's PLUS Lift Power System to deliver lifting force equivalent to 3/4 HP - the highest lifting capacity compared to the 3/4 power class for smooth and reliable performance you can count on
Includes two 3-button remotes that let you control a combination of up to 3 openers or Chamberlain interior light modules (sold separately)
Exclusive Triband technology boosts remote range up to 1,500-ft for a quicker entrance
Chamberlain's unmatched Security+ 2.0 100 billion code encryption, paired with your home's ISP and Wi-Fi router firewalls, guard against hacking
Posilock anti-theft protection stops attempts at forced entry and ensures that once the door closes, it stays locked
Built from high-grade materials for unsurpassed performance and reliability
Online installation videos, pre-programmed remotes, snap-lock rail system, and tech support ensure installation goes smoothly
Safety sensors project an invisible beam preventing the garage door from closing on people, pets, or other objects
Specifications:

Built-In WiFi
Drive System: Belt
Homelink Compatible
Horsepower: 0.75
Keypad Included
Maximum Bulb Wattage: 100
Number of Bulbs Required: 2
Rail Included
Rail Length: 84-in
Remote Control Included
Rolling Code
Smartphone Enabled
Works with MyQ
Works with Nest
Warranty:

Base Warranty Parts: 5 Years
Belt/Drive Warranty Parts: Lifetime
Motor Warranty Parts: Lifetime
Last edited by Ribbyx on Sep 22nd, 2018 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
14 replies
Dec 16, 2012
788 posts
510 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Ohhh nooo! I was about to pull the trigger on this... Anything else similar ?

B
Nov 19, 2009
180 posts
44 upvotes
Calgary
Purchased this model with $285 from lowes and installed two weeks ago. Very good quality. Wifi works fine. Will manage to get price adjustment late.
Thx
Aug 29, 2018
391 posts
256 upvotes
How does this model compare to the others?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
I would wait until Black Friday. Got my 3/4 HP Belt Chamberlain with myQ from Home Depot for $179. Albeit 2 years ago, it shouldn't be much more. Lowe's also has terrible customer service if you have a problem.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jul 21, 2015
538 posts
378 upvotes
North York, ON
Thanks OP.

Got it 254 with an random only $15 coupon.

Not sure how low it could be in BF, but wife definitely won't wait until then, lol.
Jan 5, 2007
216 posts
63 upvotes
I’ve had mine for over 4 years and not once has my garage door opened on its own. It’s been working flawlessly and I got it on sale for around $230.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
I don't have this model, but my myq has never opened on its own.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2004
1031 posts
458 upvotes
Mississauga
Same. Bought my opener a few years ago 3/4 myq built in. Never had an issue with it opening on its own.even if it does open on its own, the app allows you to setup notifications that are sent to you via phone to alert you to open and closing. So it would be easy enough to shut it

But again, never had the issue.

Now if they would just stop charging for the smart integration!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3606 posts
2409 upvotes
Mississauga
Slightly off topic, but what will be a good GDO which is 3/4 HP and does not have added up costs for smart features. I already have a Zwave relay switch and contact sensors installed in my Garage. So I am not looking to spend premium for things like MyQ or similar.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5429 posts
5285 upvotes
GTA
Does it have battery backup? Many people on my street could not open their garages this morning with that power outage. Not every door has emergency release. My old one still works fine on battery, but it is getting weaker.
Feb 9, 2011
914 posts
514 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: Does it have battery backup? Many people on my street could not open their garages this morning with that power outage. Not every door has emergency release. My old one still works fine on battery, but it is getting weaker.
No battery backup in this model.
Sep 13, 2003
211 posts
305 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Bought this model a few month back - the app works great, I set a schedule for the door to close itself every evening around dusk as the kids are constantly leaving it open - works flawlessly. Besides that I can check on my phone if the door is open it shows how long its been open for and of course I can close it at will. The opener itself is really quiet and works well. Only downside/cheesy thing about Chamberlain is if you want it to work with Google or Alexa via IFTTT, Chamberlain will charge you a subscription I think$1 per month or so. If that is not important to you for $273 taxes in this is a good wifi opener.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)