[Lowe's] Chromecast with google tv $60 after new user coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2020 3:38 pm
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
588 posts
200 upvotes

[Lowe's] Chromecast with google tv $60 after new user coupon

It is a pity no deals on it during BF(except those deals with Netflix subscriptions), but you can get $10 from Lowes new user coupon.

Note the coupon says not valid for google home, but it can be used on the chromecast with google tv product:
Doesn’t apply to purchases of .... and the following branded products: ...., Google Home, ....,

Update: confirmed below coupon cannot be stacked.
There is also a $5 coupon today, but not sure if it can be stacked:
Get $5 Off
When you add $55 or more to your cart
Click "Apply Offer" to activate offer.
Offer valid on today's visit to lowes.ca.
Last edited by cn008 on Dec 3rd, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Jan 2, 2015
475 posts
435 upvotes
Montréal area
cn008 wrote: It is a pity no deals on it during BF(except those deals with Netflix subscriptions), but you can get $10 from Lowes new user coupon.

Note the coupon says not valid for google home, but it can be used on the chromecast with google tv product:
Doesn’t apply to purchases of .... and the following branded products: ...., Google Home, ....,

Get $5 Off

Thanks OP but I would not create a post in Hot Deals section for a generic offer, or you'd need to create a topic for every other items on Lowe's website that can use this coupon...
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1821 posts
391 upvotes
Thornhill
cn008 wrote: There is also a $5 coupon today, but not sure if it can be stacked:
Get $5 Off
Cannot be stacked. Just tried. $10 off is still good making it $59. Currently no deals for Chromecast w/Google TV.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
588 posts
200 upvotes
secretliar wrote: Thanks OP but I would not create a post in Hot Deals section for a generic offer, or you'd need to create a topic for every other items on Lowe's website that can use this coupon...
Good point. Though this is a relatively new product.

Maybe move the post to somewhere or delete it?
May 19, 2015
309 posts
287 upvotes
cn008 wrote: Good point. Though this is a relatively new product.

Maybe move the post to somewhere or delete it?
I actually think it's a lame point. You helped me pull the trigger on this product because of your post.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2460 posts
429 upvotes
GTA
If people have netflix, you can get the 6 month netflix deal which works out to be around $45 for the chromecast and prepaying for netflix.
FS: Old school Nintendo Consoles
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=675445
FS:Sharp GF-777Z Classic Boombox Retro Ghetto Blaster 80s - the Holy Grail!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=631904
ACTION 52 Nintendo NES Multi Game (COLLECTORS ITEM)
action-52-nintendo-nes-multi-game-colle ... st13164059
Jul 31, 2008
363 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver
I jumped on this and I bought one of these and haven't opened it yet. I'm having trouble seeing where this is useful nowadays since everything seems to be able to stream.

My Optik box can do it. I have a chromecast already. Most tv's can do it or have Roku, chromecast already built in. I guess it's the on screen layout that's attractive?

Am I missing something?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8928 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
cn008 wrote: It is a pity no deals on it during BF(except those deals with Netflix subscriptions), but you can get $10 from Lowes new user coupon.

Get $5 Off
Do you know the offer code for $5 off coupon. Can't seem to find it online
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
588 posts
200 upvotes
CHINAdeals wrote: Do you know the offer code for $5 off coupon. Can't seem to find it online
I just tried and I saw this:
CY3-81M9-1VV applied
Discounts Spend 55 get 5 off -$5.00

But it has been confirmed this cannot be stacked. I will edit the main post.
Nov 7, 2003
993 posts
324 upvotes
Don't need this.... but I will end up buying one just to compare against my 4K fire sticks....

Thanks OP! (for draining my wallet....) Winking Face
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1056 posts
1028 upvotes
Coldfinger wrote: I jumped on this and I bought one of these and haven't opened it yet. I'm having trouble seeing where this is useful nowadays since everything seems to be able to stream.

My Optik box can do it. I have a chromecast already. Most tv's can do it or have Roku, chromecast already built in. I guess it's the on screen layout that's attractive?

Am I missing something?
Of course it wouldn't be useful for you if you already have products that can do the same thing. That's like me asking why people find a bus or taxi useful because I own a car. Lol

It's useful for me because my TV doesn't have all of these services built in. It only has Netflix but it's too old for things like Disney or DAZN.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8928 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
cn008 wrote: I just tried and I saw this:
CY3-81M9-1VV applied
Discounts Spend 55 get 5 off -$5.00

But it has been confirmed this cannot be stacked. I will edit the main post.
Thanks for this! Worked for $5 off. Used it for a google nest hub and brought it down to $65 before tax.
Nov 7, 2013
838 posts
646 upvotes
Ottawa
Coldfinger wrote: I jumped on this and I bought one of these and haven't opened it yet. I'm having trouble seeing where this is useful nowadays since everything seems to be able to stream.

Am I missing something?

I have smart everything and 3 other Chromecast devices including the audio. I got this and would rather this on every TV I own. It's way better and faster for everything I do and conglomerates streaming services nicely. Plus you can sideload anything your heart desires.
Jan 22, 2007
480 posts
256 upvotes

Am I missing something?
I can give you an example, if you had Bell Fibe TV and cut the cord but kept the Alt TV app it will cast to Chromecast but not to Roku. in fact, roku doesn't have a lot of channels (free/paid) that Google does.
Jun 6, 2017
37 posts
67 upvotes

Am I missing something?
There are many applications and devices available on the market. Not all of them are applicable to everyone. For example: my Toshiba TV 4K (Chromecast built-in) is about 4 years old. Apparently those tv's actually do not have a physical chromecast inside them, but its a emulator (software that behaves like chromecast). Since the TV manufacturers do not update them regularly through the years, netflix doesn't work on my TV anymore (shows error: title cannot be played right now). Youtube works fine. So the new Chromecast with Google TV would be nice addition to my TV adding few more years of wall life (Winking Face) to my TV. Lesson learned: better buy branded TV (LG or samsung etc.) For $50 or $100 more that are consistent with software updates to their smart TV's rather than no update built-in roku or chromecast TV's
Oct 28, 2012
792 posts
112 upvotes
EDMONTON
I tried to check out but it says no stock available in my area so can't ship. What kind of crap ass online store is this.
Jun 21, 2005
336 posts
130 upvotes
Coldfinger wrote: I
My Optik box can do it.

Am I missing something?
Have you streamed Netflix or Prime on your Optik box? The sound compression is horrendous. Constant crackles and pops. I'll happily spend the money to watch on another device that has decent sound, and isn't as painfully slow as the Optik box.