Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Clearance Appliances - Samsung Front Load Washer $352 Free Standing Range $284 etc

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2018 12:55 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
At least the washer has tons of reviews, but the range has no review anywhere even searching from google. In that case, I can only follow the rule "You get what you paid for". Good luck to those people who are buying the Samsung range.
UWOD2020 wrote: Let's just say there's a reason why they're clearance...

BUT I have no first hand experience of this particular model so who knows!

BUT I do know how humongous of a hassle it is to buy a bad washer, especially if the dryer goes on top of the washer, then the hassle is humongous humongous
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
This sale failed. I had an opportunity to buy that <$300 Samsung stove last night and their site issues prevented it. I come in today and it's listed as sold out.

Thanks Lowes.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
The last two lowes after hours sales, both crashed hard for me. Couldnt load the site, checkout, whatever. Maybe that;s how they save money?

For washer/dryers I'd stick with Whirlpool. Looks like some of their stoves get decent reviews, but dishwashers, washing machines not so much.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
I think the problem is not the quality, it is the after sales service in case you have the problem. You can read the complaints here and you will find there are a few common problems with different customers' experience. I understand that nothing is perfect and each appliance from different brands may have some problem. However, it is the warranty from Samsung is pretty useless. Besides, it is very weird that I cannot find any review for this product from Google at all. There is no review from Lowes and I believe the main reasons is that this Samsung range is only available from Lowes recently.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeown ... range.html
Candeeman wrote: Samsung has some of the best stoves: https://www.cnet.com/topics/ovens/best-stoves/
Jan 8, 2014
35 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
This deal was a scam. I ordered a washer and fridge last night .. order went through and they said wait for an email for pickup at store.

I called them this morning at 11 for pickup and they told me they haven't started processing the order yet. A few minutes later they said it is sold out and the order will be cancelled.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
When you order online, do they just send the appliance directly from Lowes warehouse or from the nearest Lowes store to your house?
mastersh4h wrote: This deal was a scam. I ordered a washer and fridge last night .. order went through and they said wait for an email for pickup at store.

I called them this morning at 11 for pickup and they told me they haven't started processing the order yet. A few minutes later they said it is sold out and the order will be cancelled.
Dec 7, 2012
911 posts
675 upvotes
Ontario
lcmt wrote: I think the problem is not the quality, it is the after sales service in case you have the problem. You can read the complaints here and you will find there are a few common problems with different customers' experience. I understand that nothing is perfect and each appliance from different brands may have some problem. However, it is the warranty from Samsung is pretty useless. Besides, it is very weird that I cannot find any review for this product from Google at all. There is no review from Lowes and I believe the main reasons is that this Samsung range is only available from Lowes recently.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeown ... range.html
Lol consumeraffairs. Literally every brand has a garbage rating on those sites unless the company pays to be come 'accredited' or whatever which allows them to remove reviews or mark them 'resolved'.
We have a Samsung 4 door fridge and one of the interior LEDs went out after we spilled water on it and they sent a technician next day (less than 24 hours) to replace the array for free even though it was our fault. Never left any reviews though because I, like most people, don't usually leave reviews for good service.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Of course, there are some people will receive good service depending on varies factors. However, unless you told me that the reviews from Consumeraffairs are fake, if you look at it carefully, then you will see some common problems especially for the discontinued products. Apparently, the range is a discontinued product. If you receive the range has no problem, then you will be ok. However, if encounters problems, you may need to prepare frustration/hassle with Samsung even the product is under warranty period.
EliteJay wrote: Lol consumeraffairs. Literally every brand has a garbage rating on those sites unless the company pays to be come 'accredited' or whatever which allows them to remove reviews or mark them 'resolved'.
We have a Samsung 4 door fridge and one of the interior LEDs went out after we spilled water on it and they sent a technician next day (less than 24 hours) to replace the array for free even though it was our fault. Never left any reviews though because I, like most people, don't usually leave reviews for good service.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
1560 posts
552 upvotes
Burnaby
lcmt wrote: When you order online, do they just send the appliance directly from Lowes warehouse or from the nearest Lowes store to your house?
How their order fulfillment works is:
You purchase an item online and depending on type of delivery (ISPU, Parcel Shipment, Truck Delivery) the order gets sent to the store. Very rarely does it gets shipped from DC (Distribution Center).

For example:
I was able to get one of the Samsung washers; however, because I selected truck delivery Lowe's selects one of the closest Lowe's to fulfill the order then contacts me.
The online order is fully dependent if the local store can fulfill the order, in my case it's unlikely.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3039 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
terranaj98 wrote: How their order fulfillment works is:
You purchase an item online and depending on type of delivery (ISPU, Parcel Shipment, Truck Delivery) the order gets sent to the store. Very rarely does it gets shipped from DC (Distribution Center).

For example:
I was able to get one of the Samsung washers; however, because I selected truck delivery Lowe's selects one of the closest Lowe's to fulfill the order then contacts me.
The online order is fully dependent if the local store can fulfill the order, in my case it's unlikely.
you did get one? i went to a store nearby this morning and was told "sold out".
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Thanks for the information. Then no wonder why someone will get order canceled if the inventory counter is not centralized in the system.
terranaj98 wrote: How their order fulfillment works is:

For example:
Dec 15, 2015
523 posts
524 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Ahh Lowes... place an order online, get confirmation, someone calls to setup delivery only to find out the next couple of hours/day they cancelled your order. I've noticed this is what they've been doing, whether they setup a sale or website glitch or I.T. error.
"You have to risk it for the biscuit"
"$34/80GB BYOD FiDO"
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
1560 posts
552 upvotes
Burnaby
MrBigNose wrote: you did get one? i went to a store nearby this morning and was told "sold out".
Not sure yet. I went to the store and they gave me a confusing scenario.
Supposedly they are -4 but received 4 on Friday, so if they got 5 I might luck out. Also they had 3 coming from their warehouse... however, not holding my breath.
They shipping receiving doesn't work weekends, I expect my cancellation will come monday/tuesday.
Another YMMV option is they are sold out and the manager agrees to give me an alternative (series 5100) model which I'll take in a heartbeat.
It's a waiting game.

I'm pretty sure this model on-sale is the 2017 Samsung Washer (Series 5000), 2018 is (Series 5100).
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
1560 posts
552 upvotes
Burnaby
jhinkarlo wrote: Ahh Lowes... place an order online, get confirmation, someone calls to setup delivery only to find out the next couple of hours/day they cancelled your order. I've noticed this is what they've been doing, whether they setup a sale or website glitch or I.T. error.
Yeah... crappy non-real time ordering system.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
I guess we're the fools, they tell us what our expectations should be right in the name.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Oct 1, 2006
456 posts
94 upvotes
Scarborough, Ontario
Am I the only one who doesn't see the clearance pricing?
Feb 18, 2017
88 posts
31 upvotes
Leask
baumann93 wrote: Am I the only one who doesn't see the clearance pricing?

I don't either lol
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
mastersh4h wrote: I m submitting a complaint for Lowe's with the better business bureau https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints ... et-started
The BBB is bought and sold, but your review will stand until/if Lowe's pays their bureau's ransom for the A+.