Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] CRAFTSMAN 105-Piece Standard (SAE) and Metric Mechanic's Tool Set $50.70 (Reg. $169) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 3:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3562 posts
19953 upvotes

[Lowe's] CRAFTSMAN 105-Piece Standard (SAE) and Metric Mechanic's Tool Set $50.70 (Reg. $169) YMMV

CRAFTSMAN 105-Piece Standard (SAE) and Metric Mechanic's Tool Set $50.70.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=lws&prod=5637214865
59 replies
Jan 13, 2012
460 posts
507 upvotes
Vancouver
Probably about what they're worth, honestly. These aren't your grandpa's Craftsmen.

That being said, the set looks decent, and at this price the value is there, good deal OP.
Dec 8, 2009
797 posts
245 upvotes
chris5555 wrote: Probably about what they're worth, honestly. These aren't your grandpa's Craftsmen.

That being said, the set looks decent, and at this price the value is there, good deal OP.
Craftsmen used to be made in USA , is this same quality or just knock off ( sold brand name to some 3rd party ) ?
Jan 13, 2012
460 posts
507 upvotes
Vancouver
echo_jey wrote: Craftsmen used to be made in USA , is this same quality or just knock off ( sold brand name to some 3rd party ) ?
trumpchiiiiiina.jpg.

It was one of the things that was stripped from the Sears carcass, or at least the IP was. From what I understand, small hardware shops MAY have old stock of the good stuff, but all the big box places selling "Craftsman" are selling typical Chinesium and marking it up due to the name.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5074 posts
9974 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't forget for email signup coupon to get extra $10 off
PSA: you can usually get signup coupon from this range: LLP-0023xxxxx (replace xxxxx with random 5 numbers) Might need a couple of tries to get a code.

(if using shipping option then you need to top up to $49+ to get free shipping)
Last edited by seafish on Nov 7th, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2508 posts
1410 upvotes
$46 all in. Thanks OP, needed a replacement set for the cottage, this is perfect.
Jul 14, 2019
611 posts
1034 upvotes
My favorite thing about all of these types of kits is that they would be ~10 pieces and not ~100 pieces if they didn't count the screw driver tips haha.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
4944 posts
539 upvotes
Victoria
Product Total (1 Item) $50.70
Estimated Tax $14.49
Estimated Shipping FREE
Delivery and Tax
Estimated Total $135.19
Total Savings $118.30

Wow interesting math there.
Not a political sig
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1391 posts
406 upvotes
Thanks OP! Pretty good for $40.7+tax!
Feb 7, 2007
277 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
echo_jey wrote: Craftsmen used to be made in USA , is this same quality or just knock off ( sold brand name to some 3rd party ) ?
They're owned by Stanley/black and decker. Expect similar quality to Stanley's hand tools.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1729 posts
856 upvotes
Laval
seafish wrote: Don't forget for email signup coupon to get extra $10 off
PSA: you can usually get signup coupon from this range: LLP-0023xxxxx (replace xxxxx with random 5 numbers)
Thank you!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3733 posts
2710 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
chris5555 wrote: Probably about what they're worth, honestly. These aren't your grandpa's Craftsmen.

Grandpa's Craftsman was only good because back then you had Snap On, SK, and a couple other "pro" brands (priced accordingly, meaning making eye watering monthly payments), and then you had ultra crap stuff made off shore. Craftsman hand tools filled a niche between the 'pro' and the junk, plus they replaced tools that broke.
Nowadays, unless you are buying no name sockets and drivers at some sketchy flea market, the quality is generally good. Princess Auto and Mastercraft products are probably on par, if not better than, old Craftsman.

I have a larger Craftsman set I picked up a couple years ago, also on clearance from Lowes. I have nothing bad to say about it (other than the weird smell of the blow molded case).

This is an okay price, but the set does lack a 1/2" driver and sockets. If you want to work on your vehicle, you will need those.
Apr 7, 2017
252 posts
174 upvotes
Brantford
Got one set , stocktrack is not correct at least for my location
Dec 4, 2013
19 posts
10 upvotes
burlington
To bad they don't give you a choice of sae or metric. Have no use for sae any more
Jan 13, 2012
460 posts
507 upvotes
Vancouver
MrFrugal1 wrote: Grandpa's Craftsman was only good because back then you had Snap On, SK, and a couple other "pro" brands (priced accordingly, meaning making eye watering monthly payments), and then you had ultra crap stuff made off shore. Craftsman hand tools filled a niche between the 'pro' and the junk, plus they replaced tools that broke.
Nowadays, unless you are buying no name sockets and drivers at some sketchy flea market, the quality is generally good. Princess Auto and Mastercraft products are probably on par, if not better than, old Craftsman.

I have a larger Craftsman set I picked up a couple years ago, also on clearance from Lowes. I have nothing bad to say about it (other than the weird smell of the blow molded case).

This is an okay price, but the set does lack a 1/2" driver and sockets. If you want to work on your vehicle, you will need those.
For sockets, close enough not to matter. For the ratchet driving them, not even close in my experience. There's slop right out of the box with new CT/princess stuff, and they're designed to be disposable. Not that it matters, I guess.
Jan 16, 2013
249 posts
236 upvotes
Calgary
Ordered $42.74 all in. Thanks OP
Oct 14, 2018
77 posts
137 upvotes
Got one but it came to $57 all in. How did everyone else get it for $40 range?