Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] CRAFTSMAN 20-Volt Max 2-Tool Brushless Power Tool Combo Kit with Soft Case, 2-Batteries & Charger) for $124.50

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2020 7:16 pm
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
864 posts
3625 upvotes
MILTON

[Lowe's] CRAFTSMAN 20-Volt Max 2-Tool Brushless Power Tool Combo Kit with Soft Case, 2-Batteries & Charger) for $124.50

CRAFTSMAN 20-Volt Max 2-Tool Brushless Power Tool Combo Kit with Soft Case, 2-Batteries & Charger) for $124.50
(expires today)

20-Volt Max 2-Tool Brushless Power Tool Combo Kit with Soft Case (2-Batteries Included and Charger Included)
Brushless motors provide up to 50% more runtime and improved durability
Brushless 1/2-in drill driver produces 340 unit watts out for a variety of heavy duty jobsite applications
Drill driver with 2-speed gearbox with speeds of 0-500/0-1,750
1/2-in ratcheting chuck for improved bit retention
Includes two 1.5 Ah 20V batteries
CMCF810: QUICK RELEASE: Chuck allows for quick and easy one-handed bit changes
Includes (1) CMCD710 Drill/Driver; (1) CMCF810 Brushless Impact Driver; (2) V20 20V MAX Lithium Ion Battery; (1) V20 20V MAX Lithium Ion Charger; (1) Storage Bag
Drilling 7/8-in holes in 2-in x 10-in SPF with 1.5Ah battery versus CMCD701 with 1.5Ah battery; Fastening 3-in deck screws into pressure treated 4-in x 4-in with 1.5Ah battery versus CMCF800 with 1.5Ah battery
20V MAX battery, maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts, nominal voltage is 18
7 replies
Oct 31, 2013
582 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know if these are good unit but they look like black and decker rebranded
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
864 posts
3625 upvotes
MILTON
psxcheater wrote: I don't know if these are good unit but they look like black and decker rebranded
you are correct, B&D now owns Craftsman brand, these are not professional tools but good enough for home/non-professional use
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1149 posts
947 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
immad01 wrote: 20V MAX battery, maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts, nominal voltage is 18
Thanks OP for adding this, it helps readers who aren't aware that some companies choose to market "20V MAX" tools as if they are better than tools designated "18V" when in fact they are exactly the same thing...
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
864 posts
3625 upvotes
MILTON
tvisforme wrote: Thanks OP for adding this, it helps readers who aren't aware that some companies choose to market "20V MAX" tools as if they are better than tools designated "18V" when in fact they are exactly the same thing...
haha

it is actually copy/paste from product page.
Feb 2, 2015
170 posts
84 upvotes
Victoria, BC
immad01 wrote: you are correct, B&D now owns Craftsman brand, these are not professional tools but good enough for home/non-professional use
One of the guys I watch on youtube/podcast has recently tried these and really liked them. (I mean who wouldn't like free tools right?)

He says they are a step above the craftsman from the past few years. They look amazing. The jigsaw in the same family 20vmax or whatever has a blower on the front to blow dust away as you are cutting. There's a 20vmax sliding miter saw too which is really sweet.

Here's the link to the Youtube:
May 6, 2016
304 posts
99 upvotes
Whitby
This kit would do the average DIY'r just as well as most of the Milwaukee M18 kits in the same price range. The question would come down to warranty and ease of putting in a claim. In the good old days with craftsman you could just walk back into sears and they would hand you a new tool, dont believe that is the case with lowes or rona. I have only had one issue with a Milwaukee warranty place that actually occurred a few months back. The M18 12.0 battery was stuck on the grass trimmer. The repair facility said without a receipt they wouldn't touch it. I called Milwaukee and asked when their policy changed, it apparently had not and the facility was in error. They got the battery off and handed me a brand new on.
Nov 25, 2015
133 posts
213 upvotes
Arva, ON
tvisforme wrote: Thanks OP for adding this, it helps readers who aren't aware that some companies choose to market "20V MAX" tools as if they are better than tools designated "18V" when in fact they are exactly the same thing...
The thing to remember about batteries is that you can't just get any old voltage you want. It always has to be a multiple of a single cell's voltage. In the case of lithium batteries, the nominal voltage of a single cell is 3.6 volts so having 5 cells (almost always 18650 cells in power tools, meaning a cell 18mm in diameter and 65mm long) gives you 18v. However at max charge a Li-Ion battery can have up to 4.2 volts, so manufacturers can fudge 5x4.2 to say they have 20 volts from the same basic cells.