Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] CRAFTSMAN 20-Volt Max 2-Tool Power Tool Combo Kit with Soft Case (2-Batteries Included and Charger Included) for $129 w/

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2020 9:15 am
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
633 posts
2765 upvotes
MILTON

[Lowe's] CRAFTSMAN 20-Volt Max 2-Tool Power Tool Combo Kit with Soft Case (2-Batteries Included and Charger Included) for $129 w/

20-Volt Max 2-Tool Power Tool Combo Kit with Soft Case (2-Batteries Included and Charger Included)
  • 20V MAX 1/2-in cordless drill with powerful motor provides 280 UWO of power for demanding drilling and fastening tasks
  • 20V MAX 1/2-in cordless drill with 2-speed gearbox ranging from 0-350 RPM and 0-1,500 RPM for speed of application
  • 20V MAX 1/4-in cordless impact driver provides 1,450 in-lbs of torque running at 2,800 RPM and 3,100 BPM for heavy duty fastening tasks
  • 20V MAX 1/4-in cordless impact driver features a drop and load one-handed bit change
  • Both units feature an LED light for improved visibility
  • Compact designs and contoured overmolded handles make working in tight spaces easier and more comfortable
  • Storage bag is included for ease of transportation and storage
  • (2) 1.3 Ah 20V MAX lithium batteries with high performance cells provide ample runtime and increased performance
  • 20V MAX lithium charger provides a 60 minute or less charge time on included battery
15 replies
Nov 24, 2015
840 posts
570 upvotes
Durham Region
Don’t bother, probably fine for basic home use but there are sales on better brands all the time
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
633 posts
2765 upvotes
MILTON
networksend wrote: Don’t bother, probably fine for basic home use but there are sales on better brands all the time
yes you are correct, this is not a professional set, hence the price point.
Nov 20, 2007
128 posts
2 upvotes
How does this compare to Ryobi P1832?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5788 posts
512 upvotes
Vancouver
immad01 wrote: yes you are correct, this is not a professional set, hence the price point.
Then what do you suggest on based on what is one sale now?
Nov 24, 2012
965 posts
740 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
fake06 wrote: How does this compare to Ryobi P1832?
I can't speak to the quality of the Craftsman line; IIRC there's little connection to the tools from the Sears days. However, I've been using Ryobi tools for years and have found them to have a good balance of price and quality for household use.
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
633 posts
2765 upvotes
MILTON
jtcb wrote: Then what do you suggest on based on what is one sale now?
it is a good set for home DIY use, weekend use.

Higher end brushless tools cost way more.
Mar 16, 2018
590 posts
668 upvotes
Hamilton
jtcb wrote: Where did you buy it at $89.99? Is it still on sale? Does it makes a huge difference between 18v and 20v?
18v = 20v, it’s a marketing gimmick. DeWalt and Craftsman rate their batteries using maximum voltage (the voltage it puts out in the first few seconds off the charger), whereas everyone else uses their nominal voltage, the voltage you’ll see running the battery for most of it’s life. Yep, it’s super misleading and terrible.
Jun 6, 2016
162 posts
44 upvotes
ownthesky wrote:
Is that sale still on somewhere? That was a great deal!
jtcb wrote:
Where did you buy it at $89.99? Is it still on sale? Does it makes a huge difference between 18v and 20v?
I got sort of lucky, Home Depot https://www.homedepot.ca/product/bosch- ... 1001180315 has it on sale for $99.00. It's sold out but I tried to get Lowe's to price match and they did it and beat it by 10%. I think it'll basically depend on the associate you get to deal with.
Nov 24, 2012
965 posts
740 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
jtcb wrote: Does it makes a huge difference between 18v and 20v?
None whatsoever, they're the same basic battery technology with 5 cells (or a multiple of 5) rated for 3.6V nominal or 4.0V maximum. Charge your Ryobi/Milwaukee/etc 18V batteries to full capacity and you have a 20V "maximum" battery .

https://www.protoolreviews.com/news/20v ... wer/17024/
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8433 posts
719 upvotes
I have quite a few Craftsman 20v tools... sometimes they are on sale on amazon for just ridiculous prices... for example I got 4ah 20v craftsman batteries for $34, bought 3 of them (max i could order). Their LED lights are excellent and very tough built, paid like $16 for the handheld, and $23 for the floor/mount one. Cordless vacuum i got for $33, excellent lower power vacuum.

Cordless tools i have a single set... https://www.lowes.ca/product/power-tool ... ed-1056463

I got it on rona clearance for $110. It is a fantastic set... I also have a bosch gen2 freak impact and would put the craftsman 20v (made in usa) version just a bit below it.
tvisforme wrote: I can't speak to the quality of the Craftsman line; IIRC there's little connection to the tools from the Sears days. However, I've been using Ryobi tools for years and have found them to have a good balance of price and quality for household use.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com