Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] CRAFTSMAN 243cc 26-in Two-Stage Gas Snow Blower $799 plus $100 gift card (Reg. $1199) Oct. 10-16

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2019 9:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
1318 posts
2648 upvotes

[Lowe's] CRAFTSMAN 243cc 26-in Two-Stage Gas Snow Blower $799 plus $100 gift card (Reg. $1199) Oct. 10-16

CRAFTSMAN 243cc 26-in Two-Stage Gas Snow Blower $799 plus $100 gift card (Reg. $1199) Oct. 10-16
15 replies
Jun 5, 2012
144 posts
152 upvotes
NEPEAN
Curious to know whether this is really the Remington model sold a few years back. From the looks of it, it's the same. Like to hear from anyone who owns that model with feedback.
Oct 3, 2018
31 posts
12 upvotes
Looking for the feedback for this snow blower from the owners! Cheers!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1206 posts
358 upvotes
Winnipeg
Comes with 3 year warranty and it is an electric start...Engine type says Craftsman...Should be a good unit..I paid for my 24" ariens almost 1200$....
Jun 5, 2012
144 posts
152 upvotes
NEPEAN
shampygarg wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 10:28 am
Comes with 3 year warranty and it is an electric start...Engine type says Craftsman...Should be a good unit..I paid for my 24" ariens almost 1200$....
Trust me. Craftsman not the Craftsman you knew. The brand name was bought out. They don't put those solid tecumseh engines in these things anymore. Still eyeing an Ariens myself even though its double the price. Looking to (possibly) avoid any of the hassle with these things as I'd like it to be around for 10 yrs.
Jul 20, 2011
29 posts
14 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I have a Craftsman 305cc snow blower for several years.
It's strong, robust and easy to use(except for separate horizontal and vertical angle control is not as convenience as newer model's joy stick type throw angle control.)
I don't know if the new Craftsman is as good as before.

Here are the specs:

Dual stage operation is designed for quick, easy removal of large amount of snow.
27'' clearing width
305cc Briggs & Stratton, Snow Series engine
13.5 ft lbs torque
electric starter, throttle control
12'' steel sawtooth auger, 12'' diameter impellar
Yard lights for early morning & nighttime
Steel remote chute. Remote chute deflection control allows operator to adjust the angle of the chute deflector without having to stop the unit.
Power steering allows for easy maneuverability to handle obstacles. Single hand control allows you to control unit from either side by using one handle, enabling you to operate the chute with one single action & without having to stop.
16'' x 6.5'' tires, wheel lock
2 year warranty Note: this snowblower has 13.5 torque and not 1350 cc
Mfg. number: 52839
May 30, 2010
602 posts
147 upvotes
While I agree that Craftsman of today is not the same company, other than by name, I think it's unfair to equate that with inferior quality just on hearsay. Every brand today, uses components to achieve a balance for durability, reliability and price. Consider that this thing will cost ~$800 all in when you consider taxes and the gift card to use for other purchases. Taken care off, with regular maintenance, even it lasts between 5-10 years, it's a good buy.

In that time frame, other components, beyond the engine will have either rusted out, or broken. Ask me how I know. The blower I have has a plastic clip holding the clutch pull cable, it breaks every two years, and costs about ~$30 to replace. According to the shop, that clip is used in countless models from different manufacturers.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
14212 posts
3554 upvotes
London
Velvetsmack wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 1:32 pm
Trust me. Craftsman not the Craftsman you knew. The brand name was bought out. They don't put those solid tecumseh engines in these things anymore. Still eyeing an Ariens myself even though its double the price. Looking to (possibly) avoid any of the hassle with these things as I'd like it to be around for 10 yrs.
Old L head Tecumseh snow king was a meh engine. There’s a reason why they got out of the small engine business
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10040 posts
2665 upvotes
Is this machine USA made?
Sep 23, 2005
271 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
For those who are still interested in this, when I visited the Lowes web page, I was presented with a banner that advertised $75 off of $800 purchase. So I added a filler and pulled the trigger.

Maths (not including cost of filler):

$799
-$75 banner code (sorry, they're unique)
= $724
+ $94.12 tax in ON
- $100 promo code for future use
= $718.12 after tax (real before tax price of $635.50)

It's hard to imagine another snowblower with these specs getting much cheaper before the snow comes.
Oct 31, 2015
55 posts
23 upvotes
Now left AB
Spent an hour on the phone today and finally got this deal, which ends today if anyone is on the fence. Appears it wasn't offered in my area, not sure why but because it came up online and top of page listed my local store, they honoured the deal. They were very helpful on the phone but it also took a while to get through, they must be busy. As someone else mentioned, going to be harder to get a deal as winter approaches and this isn't a lot more than a good used one and comes with a 3 yr warranty. My son has had a bigger Craftsman for a few years now and has had no trouble with it. I have 100' long, uphill driveway and enough room to park 6 vehicles outside a 3 car garage, so this will save me the usual back breaking sessions with our heavy, wet snowfall that we have gotten for the last 3 years.
Jul 30, 2018
43 posts
20 upvotes
I got the $70 off $775 coupon come up and pulled the trigger

$723.77 after the tax and $100 promo card for me.

If it handles a few heavy snows a season over the next 6-7 years it will be good value for me. Even better value for my immediate neighbours too.
Jul 9, 2014
11 posts
3 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
For those that bought it off the site, have you received the $100 e-voucher/gift card yet? it's been > 24 hours and I've got nothing. Also, planning to go into store, before arranging a truck, to see if they actually assembled it (hopefully not by some part time high school kid) as stated in the flyer.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3852 posts
354 upvotes
furron wrote:
Oct 18th, 2019 6:55 am
For those that bought it off the site, have you received the $100 e-voucher/gift card yet? it's been > 24 hours and I've got nothing. Also, planning to go into store, before arranging a truck, to see if they actually assembled it (hopefully not by some part time high school kid) as stated in the flyer.
I asked yesterday. Rep said they got so many orders they are still filling them. Codes will follow confirmation emails.

I also asked about assembly. Said store should be able to put it together for free... Just call ahead when you get the pickup email and ask.
Proud member of SENS Army
Apr 19, 2018
68 posts
12 upvotes
as long as its a briggs and stratton engine you can expect it to last for a very long time. Tip for the newbies...always use premium gas...run the blower until it runs out of gas, old gas is the leading reason why snowblowers don't start the next season. Always check your oil before starting and ensure to change it before the season ends. And always store it in dry area! Not outdoors