Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Cub Cadet XR2 1000 26-Volt Cordless Electric Robotic Lawn Mower $479.20

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2019 10:05 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18853 posts
2184 upvotes
Niagara Falls

[Lowe's] Cub Cadet XR2 1000 26-Volt Cordless Electric Robotic Lawn Mower $479.20

This was a buy now think later for me, so I haven't looked up the reviews yet, don't kill me if it's junk

Cub Cadet XR2 1000 26-Volt Cordless Electric Robotic Lawn Mower. Regularly 1499.99 on clearance for 599.00 but works with the automatic 20% off applied at checkout. My total came to $541.50

Now I need to figure out how to explain this one to the wife...
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 15th, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
48 replies
Nov 23, 2017
957 posts
1925 upvotes
I watched the set up video, didn't realize you need to have a wire run all around the perimeter of your yard.
It makes sense I guess, but I figured for $1500 MSRP the tech was further along.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1757 posts
801 upvotes
This is awesome, but I've made too many frivolous purchases already this summer
May 3, 2012
30 posts
22 upvotes
Victoria
I've jumped on this an hour ago only to realize that it wouldn't work for my yard after placing the order. Now I have to sit through stupid music and "Your call is important to us..." tape for 15 minutes already to cancel.
I have a dog which would dig and take all the wire up. Also I can imagine I would have to clean up all his sticks, toys, and wastes before letting the robot work.
This is not to say that the deal or the product is bad. I just want to share my thoughts so that people with dogs might want to consider before purchasing.
Last edited by emiliespam on Aug 15th, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 27, 2012
744 posts
1102 upvotes
I actually find mowing the lawn almost therapeutic and provides some great exercise. Cool idea. Maybe one day down the road.
2010-2019 Contest Winnings = $0
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18853 posts
2184 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Saukrates wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 10:07 am
I actually find mowing the lawn almost therapeutic and provides some great exercise. Cool idea. Maybe one day down the road.
When I have the time, I also enjoy cutting the grass but my child takes up too much of my time in the summer generally so I figure with this I can cut my lawn duties in half. While this guy is going I can do the weed whacking and weed pulling.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15812 posts
5030 upvotes
Was seriously looking at this but even this price is expensive, yet...
All spirits are enslaved that serve things evil
Nov 29, 2011
403 posts
329 upvotes
CALGARY
I actually picked up the 80 amp with two batteries 419 All in
Feb 15, 2017
8 posts
4 upvotes
Kelowna
Thanks for the post! I actually ordered this Cub Cadet XR2 mower yesterday (for a higher price, so I had to go do a price adjustment today). Total was 536.70 (shipping to BC).

Since there are little to no reviews online, I guess we'll be the guinea pigs testing it out!
Sep 7, 2014
748 posts
803 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Damn, very tempting price, was literally adding to cart when decided not to purchase.

I think when these hit mainstream and have much more QoL features that robotic vacuums now have (app integration, better GPS/location, custom in-app mapping/barriers, intelligent driving, etc) then I'll bite. Until then, I can spare the 1hr/week and do it manually lol.

Would love to test one out for fun though!
Dec 10, 2014
12 posts
2 upvotes
L'Orignal
After watching the video above, all it seemed to so was turn in a circle from left to right. I have a 20,000 sq.ft. property, so it would take the robot a week to cut my lawn at that speed. I think I will wait until these robots are a bit more tested, and stick with my John Deere lawn tractor while sipping on a cold one.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18853 posts
2184 upvotes
Niagara Falls
RayS531 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:38 pm
After watching the video above, all it seemed to so was turn in a circle from left to right. I have a 20,000 sq.ft. property, so it would take the robot a week to cut my lawn at that speed. I think I will wait until these robots are a bit more tested.
That's a video of this device having an issue. It' s not supposed to be doing that. I can't really find any reviews online of this occurring often or not.

That being said, with the size of your lawn I think it would have to be done in two zones. It looks like it does 1000 m2 per charge. I think.

I've also been reading about making my own secondary perimeter, was thinking about doing my neighbours lawn as well since I already cut his yard so this is really only useful to me if I can cut both lawns.

https://www.robotshop.com/community/blo ... and-sensor