Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Cub Cadet XR2 1000 26-Volt Cordless Electric Robotic Lawn Mower $479.20

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 9:45 am
Nov 25, 2015
191 posts
223 upvotes
Montr
Can you post your online receipt. Going to try to get it matched with store pickup.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Lokoseena1 wrote: Can you post your online receipt. Going to try to get it matched with store pickup.
I don't think a receipt will help you out because there as a discount available for a few days.

Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1275 posts
327 upvotes
Has anyone received this and set it up yet? Any reviews or comments? TIA
Mar 31, 2017
21 posts
13 upvotes
Got mine a couple of days ago. Used all the wire will get some more from home depot (032886703157, T90 14 500 feet $60.73) as its around $60 instead of $80 from cub website. Setting up is easy just watch the video. Have been using it for a couple of days and so far so good. My yard is around 1/4 to 1/2 acre and it works just fine. In fact so well I am going to sell my $2000 tractor, I will just push the small bits that are left. Very happy, my neighbors dogs love it!! They just watch from afar. My human neighbours think its a stupid idea! Time will tell I guess but for $541 and change its difficult to criticise.
You really need the smartphone app to get everything out of it, as in you can change settings on the fly and even control it.
Setting up the security is a must too, it's just too easy to take, not sure if I would want it in a high traffic area, as in people can see it.
Easy to change blades, but at $70 a pop they are not cheap, perhaps an angle grinder will keep the blades from dulling, they say to change yearly but I think that will be overkill.
Anyway it takes up no space (lawn tractor basically needs its own parking space) is easy to maintain, no oil changes no getting dirt all over you when you change the blades or can't find the socket. Of course time too, my guess is 30 mins per week. So in a season around 18 hours, and no gas and having to carry it around etc.
It's actually for me an amazing deal.
Thank you opp you literally changed how I look at yard work, and using gas machines is really losing any appeal, the world is changing
Last edited by codyrn on Sep 9th, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
codyrn wrote: Got mine a couple of days ago. Used all the wire will get some more from home depot as its around $60 instead of $80 from cub website. Setting up is easy just watch the video. Have been using it for a couple of days and so far so good. My yard is around 1/4 to 1/2 acre and it works just fine. In fact so well I am going to sell my $2000 tractor, I will just push the small bits that are left. Very happy, my neighbors dogs love it!! They just watch from afar. My human neighbours think its a stupid idea! Time will tell I guess but for $541 and change its difficult to criticise.
You really need the smartphone app to get everything out of it, as in you can change settings on the fly and even control it.
Setting up the security is a must too, it's just too easy to take, not sure if I would want it in a high traffic area, as in people can see it.
Easy to change blades, but at $70 a pop they are not cheap, perhaps an angle grinder will keep the blades from dulling, they say to change yearly but I think that will be overkill.
Anyway it takes up no space (lawn tractor basically needs its own parking space) is easy to maintain, no oil changes no getting dirt all over you when you change the blades or can't find the socket. Of course time too, my guess is 30 mins per week. So in a season around 18 hours, and no gas and having to carry it around etc.
It's actually for me an amazing deal.
Thank you opp you literally changed how I look at yard work, and using gas machines is really losing any appeal, the world is changing

That's great to hear. I picked mine up a while ago but I highly doubt I'll get it setup this year. Still looking forward to it though.
Mar 31, 2017
21 posts
13 upvotes
Yes it works, the new wire is black so it was easy to tell what was new (032886703157, T90 14 500 feet $60.73 Home Depot). I just added approx 350 ft extra (used the enclosed splicers to the initial 500 ft of wire. The new wire is in fact slightly thicker than the original and I feel will be at least as durable if not more so.
My only issue was after adding the extra wire I must have put the loop the wrong way around (error U0029) (This should not happen if you set everything up from scratch)
All you have to do is switch the wires that connect to the base station (green plug)
This will save you lots of time as the error code is not shown on the instructions. However if you connect your phone with the XR app it does tell you what the code means. Another very good reason to pair your phone along with the extra convenience of changing settings on the fly etc.
One last thing my neighbors still think I am an idiot while I do other things while the lawn is mowed. I guess change is too much for most people.
Anyway it will make them happy when I use the push mower for the hilly bits and around obstacles, then it will prove to them it's a waste of time and money :)
Good luck to everyone and I am still very happy with my purchase.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Finally had some time to try and set this up today. Did a very rough layout in my front yard which is a bit odd because there is no way I'm leaving the docking station in my front yard but that's ok. I might actually use this as a Halloween prop by removing the blade and attaching a doll to the top of it. Let it roam around the front yard, hopefully add a smoke machine.

Anywho, tried to download the app, there are two very similar apps, looks like one is for the XR1 and the other is for the XR2 which is beyond stupid imo, but whatever, lazy developers everywhere. Tried to scan my barcode and got an error "Looks like this mower is already registered. Please refer to our Help Center online for more information".

Big Sigh. Unit looks brand new so I doubt it's been registered, but who knows. Try to google for Cub Cadet Help Center. Pretty much nothing comes up at all. Create an account on CubCadet.ca and try to register the product but no combination of the SN works. The only "Help" option is a phone number which is only active 730am to 5pm est. Wonder how long I'll be on hold tomorrow.

I'm sure I'll be happy once it's all set up, but this stuff is bush league so far.
Oct 17, 2012
11 posts
25 upvotes
Windsor
I was in my Lowes yesterday in Windsor, Ontario and was able to get this for $226. It was the floor model and no box.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)