Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Cuisinart Steam and Convection Oven $179 + tax PM Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2020 8:02 pm
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
4100 posts
2736 upvotes
Toronto
Oh and looks like this oven is discontinued, I bet because people in North America don't really steam their food (more a oriental thing) and they're trying hard to push the AirFry ovens instead. So if you want to get a cheap steam oven this may be your last chance.

It also explains why the oven is only $199.99 at Costco.

https://www.cuisinart.com/discontinued/ ... CSO-300N1/
Jul 15, 2019
165 posts
337 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Good deal. I wish this was on sale earlier. I liked this one a lot but it was a bit over budget and I now have bought a convection oven and a steamer separately Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
1027 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have the dimensions for the inside of the oven? I can't seem to find it anywhere online.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2007
1211 posts
920 upvotes
Kitchener
taurine wrote: Have this convection oven, the steaming feature comes in handy if you do you cooking by steam. Also the regular oven features seem good, better than the ones I have in the past. The oven is better at sealing itself maybe because of the steaming feature. Would recommend if you're in the market for this kind of oven.
how big is this? We are looking for a countertop oven for doing small stuff.
Nov 4, 2015
436 posts
217 upvotes
T.O
caraj4u wrote: how big is this? We are looking for a countertop oven for doing small stuff.
Product page listed says 45.72 x 39.37 x 27.43 centimeters on Amazon which is pretty accurate, this is a larger oven but I would not say its massive. It can fix a small pizza but haven't tried a large pizza.

Also here's a video maybe you can reference the size from it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGrboT1P28
Jan 2, 2011
533 posts
398 upvotes
Gotta give credit where it is due.

We have had this for 5 years and gets almost daily use.

Fast to heat up and cooks well. We got rid of our air fryer because this machine does so much more.

Realized that air frying is just a hype.

Plus I figure this machine pays for itself with cost savings from using full size electric oven.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
1148 posts
492 upvotes
Anyone else think as a toaster it’s not that great? Even at the lowest toast setting some things come out too dark.

Still worth it for the steam function though.

I’ll also say the Cuisinart warranty (3 years) is pretty good. Had one stop working after only a year and a half but took it to the warranty centre in Vaughan and walked out with a brand new one. Just needed to show the receipt with the original purchase date.
2006 - Pepsi/Frito Lay Win Every Hour Contest - 1279 Entries - Loser!
May 19, 2017
47 posts
33 upvotes
Saint John
Hi the inside dimensions are:
• 12” deep,
• 12” across,
• 5” height (from lowest setting to element)

I am on my second unit since 2015. It’s a solid counter top convection even. But the steam function feature is just great. Steam baked lemon salt and pepper wings at 350°f , , flipped half way through with 425°f boost In the last 6 minutes or so. Omg... the bones fall right off the meat. Or other way round. Some like wings baked till hard almost. Not me. I cook a rack and use Neil Brothers Sriracha mayo as dip.
If I can offer a tip... use distilled water only. Descaling is a bother and results vary.
Also, don’t stick yer face in front of door while in full heat steam mode or you’ll get a nasty surprise of scaling steam in the face .
Steam function goes from London fog at 100°f to hot steamed seafood, corn etc. I never use kitchen range oven anymore. Made 2, 1.5q ham & Scillies potatoes on Sunday.
..... I hope Cuisi comes up with a slightly larger model with true stainless rack.
Images
  • 255C8382-DE44-45B5-9D33-002B17538425.jpeg
  • 1FD0D087-524E-4256-90D0-04B99932550E.jpeg
  • E7717118-A063-4351-9BEE-2562B231A4DD.jpeg
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham
0.6 cu ft capacity is too small IMO. If I can't cook a 12" pizza or a whole chicken it's too small for me to be useful.

I'm waiting for Anova to announce pricing of their Precision Oven.

https://anovaculinary.com/anova-precision-oven/
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
May 19, 2017
47 posts
33 upvotes
Saint John
12” standard frozen pizzas go in easy.
I think any owner of the cso300 would agree.
May 11, 2009
536 posts
369 upvotes
Vancouver
Have owners had surface rust show up on the inside? I've had to wipe mine down a few times of what seems to be rust. I've since remembered to leave the door open after using it so it can air dry but wonder if others have experienced this as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1247 posts
521 upvotes
Calgary
I have this oven since it first came out, about 5 years now? I would give it 4.8/5.
The reason being is that they did NOT use 100% stainless steel racks so over time with heat and steam the racks rot.
We have since purchased a replacement rack for $25 since we use this guy daily...probably more than my microwave.
What we do now is, if we use steam. we open the door to let the steam dry out.
The ONLY thing I wish is that it is a tad bit taller. I believe this is an amazing appliance and I have yet to find one that can replace it. I was sooooo close getting the Panasonic steam+convection+microwave. The way that door opens just annoys me.

Anyway.

The steam is NOT as strong as you expect from the stove with a steamer pot / Chinese bamboo steam basket (not sure the name?) + wok.
But it is generally enough for most use cases. I initially did try to cook a roast chicken in it...but the performance is not desirable. But great for general usage.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
headhunt3r wrote: Have owners had surface rust show up on the inside? I've had to wipe mine down a few times of what seems to be rust. I've since remembered to leave the door open after using it so it can air dry but wonder if others have experienced this as well.
i always dry mine with a toast option if after steaming/wet inside.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
I have had this oven for a very long time now.

I did went through warranty replacement once because old steam oven didn't turn on. It was easy, bring to their depot, they check it there and gave me a new one.

Overall this is the best small oven I have ever used. I barely use the large oven.

The steam option, well it is not comparable with steaming with a wok, I would say the food when it comes out steamed would be somewhere between baked, and somewhere between steamed. Its slightly dryer than wok steamed, but not as dry as if it was just baked. Its a good option anyways as it is easy to use and really makes life easier for steaming stuff.

I am sort of disappointed it is being discontinued, it was such a good oven.. I am debating if I should buy a spare now because it is honestly the best value/performance oven you would expect for this.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3674 posts
2028 upvotes
headhunt3r wrote: Have owners had surface rust show up on the inside? I've had to wipe mine down a few times of what seems to be rust. I've since remembered to leave the door open after using it so it can air dry but wonder if others have experienced this as well.

I doubt you're getting rust. It's more likely carbonized oil/grease. Try a little oven cleaner.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
2020 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
i had the same. was advised to leave the door open to dry.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
Wow, you guys sure eat a variety of foods I do not. I was sure I was going to experiment with a lot of foods once my mother died 10 years ago but it was not the case, even after acquiring her cookbooks and the hundreds of others I collected over the years. I can't seem to justify the purchase as I don't eat pizza, rice, fish, steamed vegetables, corn (had my teeth removed because of periodontal disease), etc. My parents loved oriental foods. I never picked up on that. I keep buying things like Hot Pots or Convection ovens only to end up not using them. I don't want to blow $200 on still another appliance I will not use. And Lowe's pulled out of this area, never to return. Amazon sales currently mean a 2 -3 week wait. Ah well, thanks anyway...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)