Hot Deals

Lowe's

DeLonghi Digital Dragon 4 Radiant Heater $119.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2023 2:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1776 posts
1493 upvotes
Lake Simcoe

[Lowe's] DeLonghi Digital Dragon 4 Radiant Heater $119.99

These are a steal at this price.

LINK

Be aware: These units usually come with some cosmetic imperfections such as small dents on the side panels. They don't affect the performance and are almost unnoticeable as I have four of the similar Costco units. - 3 have the cosmetic imperfections but work perfectly.
Last edited by love2save on Jan 3rd, 2023 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
66 replies
Newbie
May 2, 2017
57 posts
80 upvotes
I bought this last year and had to return it, it would pop loudly in the night and woke me up way too many times.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
2778 posts
6531 upvotes
Ontario
Just a reminder to those wanting to put this on a smart plug, you can't since it's digital controls. You can only with heaters with non-digital controls. And also review how much power the heater takes, as not all smart plugs can take the draw.
Jr. Member
Apr 4, 2017
158 posts
139 upvotes
Ontario
Best heater I've ever used
Newbie
May 5, 2008
40 posts
123 upvotes
Vancouver
Good deal. Have 4 already and very satisfied with them.
Newbie
May 7, 2018
61 posts
97 upvotes
How much do one of these cost to run if we run them 4 hours a day?

Let's say, at $0.10 for electricity?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 4, 2009
7619 posts
3393 upvotes
Skilas wrote: Just a reminder to those wanting to put this on a smart plug, you can't since it's digital controls. You can only with heaters with non-digital controls. And also review how much power the heater takes, as not all smart plugs can take the draw.
I hate this, especially with the move to digital controls for most things.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2016
1066 posts
1327 upvotes
canada
Skilas wrote: Just a reminder to those wanting to put this on a smart plug, you can't since it's digital controls. You can only with heaters with non-digital controls. And also review how much power the heater takes, as not all smart plugs can take the draw.
YMMV. good generic advice but not applicable 100% to every device. I have multiple A/C with digital controls and they remember the last settings before the smartplug turns it off.
Sr. Member
Mar 6, 2006
797 posts
623 upvotes
GTA
weaper wrote: How much do one of these cost to run if we run them 4 hours a day?

Let's say, at $0.10 for electricity?

Total while in full power = $0.1 x 1.5 Kw x 4 h = $0.6

It has 3 heat settings and a thermostat, so could be less settings dependent.
Jr. Member
Apr 4, 2017
158 posts
139 upvotes
Ontario
When you plug it in cold it uses high mode until gets hot (10-15 min) and then switches to low mode. During the day I never saw it using high mode
Newbie
Oct 31, 2020
16 posts
44 upvotes
Thanks OP.

Don't forget your 1% Rakuten Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jr. Member
Feb 5, 2010
148 posts
47 upvotes
Hamilton
Is this better for a cold larger basement? I currently have a big space heater down there right now. Would this be more cost efficient? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
2436 posts
12608 upvotes
spike32 wrote: Is this better for a cold larger basement? I currently have a big space heater down there right now. Would this be more cost efficient? Thanks.
I think so because when oil gets hot it consumes less because it is able to keep its temperature.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2018
1962 posts
2505 upvotes
spike32 wrote: Is this better for a cold larger basement? I currently have a big space heater down there right now. Would this be more cost efficient? Thanks.
No. All electric heaters are 100% efficient. If you already have one buying another one makes no sense. Cause long as you can adjust the output, they will be equally efficient. The only time it will kind of make sense if one of them outputs too much heat and for some reason, you can't turn it down.
Newbie
User avatar
Mar 6, 2017
9 posts
13 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I have two of these, great heather, the digital thermostat is a life changer.
Sr. Member
Apr 10, 2006
782 posts
729 upvotes
dustinsa wrote: YMMV. good generic advice but not applicable 100% to every device. I have multiple A/C with digital controls and they remember the last settings before the smartplug turns it off.
just an FYI. some people prefer the analog controls so they can plug it into a smart plug and then have the smart plug turn on at specific times (heat up the room before going to bed or heat up the basement for a movie night or work from home). cause if you have the digital controls on a smart plug, even with the smart plug turning on, the unit will not automatically turn on unless you physically turn it on. but for an analog control, once the smart plug turns on, the unit will also turn on.
Sr. Member
Apr 10, 2006
782 posts
729 upvotes
Pharmer wrote: https://www.costco.ca/de'longhi-high-pe ... 20511.html


costco has one for 10$ more. whats better?
both the same. main difference being costco one is analog control (helpful if you want it on a smart plug to turn on whenever you want without physically pressing a button) while the lowe's one is digital control (will not work with smart plug to auto turn on. must physically press button to power on).
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2016
1066 posts
1327 upvotes
canada
vanpatrick81 wrote: just an FYI. some people prefer the analog controls so they can plug it into a smart plug and then have the smart plug turn on at specific times (heat up the room before going to bed or heat up the basement for a movie night or work from home). cause if you have the digital controls on a smart plug, even with the smart plug turning on, the unit will not automatically turn on unless you physically turn it on. but for an analog control, once the smart plug turns on, the unit will also turn on.
as i already stated thats not 100% true. some digital controlled devices will revert back to the previous setting it was set to once it's powered on again by the smart plug, no touching the device, it turns on when the switch does
Sr. Member
Apr 10, 2006
782 posts
729 upvotes
dustinsa wrote: as i already stated thats not 100% true. some digital controlled devices will revert back to the previous setting it was set to once it's powered on again by the smart plug, no touching the device, it turns on when the switch does
well, you did mention it remembers the settings once the smart plug turns off. didn't specifically say it will turn on as well. not arguing, just explaining my stance. cause this unit will "remember" previous setting like temp setting, eco mode, etc when the smart plug turns off except to turn on again when power is restored. could be a safety feature or just laziness in the engineering dept.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)