[Lowe's] Delta FL Basement subfloor underlay $40.95 REG. $66.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2019 5:19 am
Feb 10, 2018
80 posts
97 upvotes
careh wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 11:56 am
If your new build is not yet built - you could confirm that they will be putting poly under the concrete floor (which I believe is code these days). That would prevent a lot of moisture from wicking up through the concrete.
a vapour barrier is still required ,, due to many reasons, big one being is concrete sweats, no mater what is under the slab
Dec 18, 2006
101 posts
30 upvotes
Ajax
I opted for the larger width rolls of Delta MS. It's not on sale but the per ft. cost is almost the same anyways. If you have larger spaces to cover this lets you do it faster with less seams. Just a thought. This membrane plus 4X8 sheets of OSB makes quick work of most basements.

https://www.lowes.ca/roll-insulation/5- ... lsrc=aw.ds
Mar 19, 2018
16 posts
17 upvotes
Good find OP! Finally brings it back to the prices when I bought this stuff 2 years ago before prices for everything skyrocketed. I need 6 more rolls.

For those installing, make sure you put some landscaping fabric underneath this stuff or else you'll hear a clicking sound as you walk on it.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3609 posts
1003 upvotes
Edmonton
TippyLongshade wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:16 pm
Good find OP! Finally brings it back to the prices when I bought this stuff 2 years ago before prices for everything skyrocketed. I need 6 more rolls.

For those installing, make sure you put some landscaping fabric underneath this stuff or else you'll hear a clicking sound as you walk on it.
That does sound strange, but I did find some install videos of people doing that. I thought since the delta-fl basically is the vapour barrier, you wouldnt want anything underneath it.
Oct 24, 2008
849 posts
482 upvotes
Snap, this is really cheap. I'm at the flooring stage in finishing my basement and was planning on doing DMX airflow. I got part of a roll for free from a co worker and it seems like quality stuff, but I still need 3 more (at $110 each!). Now debating going with this delta stuff...
Apr 18, 2007
385 posts
220 upvotes
I also recommend checking out Dricore, Used it myself for the below ground family room.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2447 posts
397 upvotes
Burlington
Great deal. We used this, direct on concrete, and then the Costco laminate https://www.costco.ca/Golden-Select-Tol ... 58267.html
Love it.
Easy to install, and really warm.
Highly recommended
Free Nortel tips and tricks blog, as well as second opinion on a move to VoIP (for my RFD friends).
Dec 16, 2008
57 posts
7 upvotes
U4IA wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:38 pm
That does sound strange, but I did find some install videos of people doing that. I thought since the delta-fl basically is the vapour barrier, you wouldnt want anything underneath it.
I used Delta FL in my basement right after I took possession in a new build. There shouldn’t be any issues with doing that.
I also recommend a landscape fabric under the Delta FL. It is breathable and will quiet any clicks.
On top of the FL I used 3/4” tongue and groove plywood tapconned to the concrete and then added laminate flooring.
No moisture issues and it feels warmer.
Oct 24, 2008
849 posts
482 upvotes
If using this on concrete and with laminate, what else do I need? Originally I was planning on using DMX airflow and laying laminate directly on top. But with delta being about 1/3 of the price, it's tough to ignore.
I'm assuming I need some sort of padding between the delta and laminate to keep it warmer and quiet?
Feb 10, 2018
80 posts
97 upvotes
bpcrally wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 7:22 am
If using this on concrete and with laminate, what else do I need? Originally I was planning on using DMX airflow and laying laminate directly on top. But with delta being about 1/3 of the price, it's tough to ignore.
I'm assuming I need some sort of padding between the delta and laminate to keep it warmer and quiet?
go with what the manufacturer of your flooring recommends ... i prefer the foam underlay for laminate, makes for a much more silent floor

with delta and laminate no need for a osb or plywood subfloor ,,
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1546 posts
595 upvotes
Hamilton
This will do very little for cold. If you want to finish your basement properly and live in the space wait for a sale and save the tax and buy Dricore or barracarde.
I used this stuff in my first home knowing I wouldn't stay and installed laminate over top. Floor was cold.
In my new home we have used Dricore and sprayfoamed the walls, it's the warmest area of my home.

This product is good to keep moisture down but imo is only good for a home you aren't staying in permanently
Feb 1, 2005
131 posts
53 upvotes
NLOWest wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:06 am
I used Delta FL in my basement right after I took possession in a new build. There shouldn’t be any issues with doing that.
I also recommend a landscape fabric under the Delta FL. It is breathable and will quiet any clicks.
On top of the FL I used 3/4” tongue and groove plywood tapconned to the concrete and then added laminate flooring.
No moisture issues and it feels warmer.
Seems weird to me to need landscaping fabric for clicks even when securing it down with tapcon screws into the concrete.

I was looking to buy DMX foundation wrap and OSB tongue and groove. May need to look at this Delta and compare prices and quality.
Jan 30, 2017
547 posts
31 upvotes
Hey guys I purchased 6 rolls of these on boxing day for regular price $66 would I be able to go back with the receipt and get the difference?
Aug 23, 2010
209 posts
31 upvotes
Montr
Doing the basement and my framing is already up though. Wood frames on tar paper. Can I still get this delta and lay it flush against the frame? Scared that it will evacuate moisture directly towards the wood frame..
Oct 29, 2016
53 posts
68 upvotes
Markham, ON
Arcticsilverfox wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:48 pm
I also recommend checking out Dricore, Used it myself for the below ground family room.
Same. If your planning to DIY, Dricore is a great option. Much easier to maneuver than a large OSB board.

I used Dricore on my basement and I totally recommend.