[Lowe's] Delta FL Basement subfloor underlay $40.95 REG. $66.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2019 5:19 am
Apr 18, 2007
390 posts
231 upvotes
northernale1 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 3:57 pm
Dricore does not have any vapour barrier qualities,, if using dricore a super 6 poly is need to be put down with all seams taped before the dricore is laid
Says otherwise here though: http://dricore.com/nw/subfloor_faq.php
Q: Do I glue the seams or install plastic on concrete before laying down DRIcore subfloor panels?

A: No. Gluing the panel edges is not recommended. The panels are intended to expand and contract with the seasonal temperatures of the basement. A vapour barrier over the concrete surface is not recommended. The built-in high density polyethylene membrane is the moisture barrier on the underside of the panel which allows incidental moisture to dry easily. Normally, its not necessary to apply paint or sealant to the concrete floor before laying DRIcore subfloor panels.
Dec 16, 2008
59 posts
7 upvotes
Microtic wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 8:30 am
Seems weird to me to need landscaping fabric for clicks even when securing it down with tapcon screws into the concrete.

I was looking to buy DMX foundation wrap and OSB tongue and groove. May need to look at this Delta and compare prices and quality.
I wasn’t sure if I was going to secure the floor to the concrete at first. Then I received an SDS drill and I figured why not secure it.
Mar 19, 2018
19 posts
19 upvotes
Shaner wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 9:41 pm
Is the Delta-FL directly on the concrete or did you put down landscaping fabric first? Is it noisy at all when you walk on it?
I was installing Delta-fl with my dad last year and he was CERTAIN that we could skip the landscape fabric step since we were going to be securing the OSB with tapcons. I disapproved but finally let him have his way.

Long story short, We ended up pulling up everything we did just to put the fabric under it. The fabric is cheap very easy. Don't let yourself have so much regret over a step that's so cheap and easy.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8833 posts
1811 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I was thinking geotextile, Delta FL(/MS?), 1.25" R5 (2.5" R10?) EPSn, then LVP for my basement, any concerns other than losing headroom?

Do I need plywood on top of the EPS?
May 25, 2010
231 posts
228 upvotes
Newmarket
if you were to install OSB board on top of this product what size OSB board would you need 7/16 or 19/32?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1058 posts
239 upvotes
Winnipeg
Another consideration for a warmer basement floor is to have your furnace fan on constant low speed air circulation and to add a few cold air returns reaching down to the basement floor.

That way you are sucking the relatively cold ...potentially radon laced Winking Face... basement floor air into the furnace and replacing it with relatively warmer (in winter) air that has passed through the furnace heat exchanger. In the summer - if you have air conditioning - you can close down most of the air ducts supplying cooled air to the basement and the cold air returns on the basement floor are drawing the coldest - and most humid - air off the basement floor and replacing it with warmer / less humid air. I have a door to my basement closed to prevent most of the air conditioned main floor air from dropping down into the basement.
Last edited by careh on Jan 14th, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 24, 2013
78 posts
12 upvotes
I just installed insonobois submembrane and still have 16 box left.
Aug 28, 2017
24 posts
3 upvotes
[quote=TippyLongshade post_id=30418021 time=1547449737 user_id=1424050]
I was installing Delta-fl with my dad last year and he was CERTAIN that we could skip the landscape fabric step since we were going to be securing the OSB with tapcons. I disapproved but finally let him have his way.

Long story short, We ended up pulling up everything we did just to put the fabric under it. The fabric is cheap very easy. Don't let yourself have so much regret over a step that's so cheap and easy.
[/quote]

I am not understanding the rationale for the fabric? can you elaborate please....and why are some people are recommending vapour barrier to put under delta fl?
May 31, 2007
299 posts
165 upvotes
We've used this on a few reno houses. Although we pay less than the sale price by a good margin.... even still. It seems like its a great product and havent had any issues in the last 8 year or so with any that were done....
Oct 10, 2012
185 posts
52 upvotes
JacobW446609 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 1:58 pm
[quote=TippyLongshade post_id=30418021 time=1547449737 user_id=1424050]

I am not understanding the rationale for the fabric? can you elaborate please....and why are some people are recommending vapour barrier to put under delta fl?
[/quote]

The landscape fabric is only so it doesn't make a clicking sound with the hard plastic against the concrete as you walk on it. You should not put vapour barrier under the delta
Dec 25, 2007
956 posts
439 upvotes
GTA
Shaner wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 9:41 pm
Is the Delta-FL directly on the concrete or did you put down landscaping fabric first? Is it noisy at all when you walk on it?
I first painted the concrete with a Bullseye product. It's a anti mould and mildew paint and it also helps to resist water pressure.

I then put the delta FL down directly over the concrete. I then built sleepers and put plywood overtop of the delta FL. I haven't put down my finished floor yet but I currently can't hear any noise when I walk on the plywood.