Dewalt 10 inch saw 2pk blades $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2020 9:44 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4958 posts
4009 upvotes
BC
MikuGirl wrote: This week Lowes' a better deal on a 3-pack blade set $50.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/circular-s ... ack-401115

At work, they like the 60 blade better and this set has 2 of the 60.

Doesn't seem like a better deal unless you have no use for the 32 tooth blade at all. For an extra $10, you could have bought two of the OP deal and had a fourth blade compared to the 3 pack for $50.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1191 posts
394 upvotes
BC
samtheman wrote: Which one of these blades go on the miter saw and which one on the table saw?
You can use any of these blades on miter or table saw. However generally these blade packs or similar inexpensive blades have tooth hook angles that are best for a table saw. For a miter saw the best blades have a negative hook angle. Look at the blade that is installed on a higher-end miter saw in a store and you can see the tooth angle is different from the usual table saw blade. Low or negative hook angle makes the blade less aggressive so it will not pull into the wood so much. However if you are just cutting typical wood types on a miter saw and using the proper method (if on a sliding miter saw, always pushing the blade away from you to make the cut), it is OK to use a table saw blade.

https://www.rockler.com/learn/choosing- ... ur-project
Sep 25, 2019
823 posts
1822 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Doesn't seem like a better deal unless you have no use for the 32 tooth blade at all. For an extra $10, you could have bought two of the OP deal and had a fourth blade compared to the 3 pack for $50.
I not know know why, but they don't use the 32 in their saws; we always buy 60/80 ones.
Feb 4, 2007
398 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered online when this deal was on and it still says processing. Almost forgot about it. Not sure what to do.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4958 posts
4009 upvotes
BC
This deal is dead. Surprisingly, these shipped out 7 days after ordering which I think is fine - especially compared to my May 6th Lowes order which still hasn't shipped. I find it interesting though that the Rona order shipped from Calgary when the online store indicator said that several stores around me had stock. Does Rona have a warehouse in Calgary or did they make some illogical decision to ship from a store in a different province?
Sep 25, 2019
823 posts
1822 upvotes
samtheman wrote: I ordered online when this deal was on and it still says processing. Almost forgot about it. Not sure what to do.
You could still get it, as we had one order come 6 months late.

You may get a cancellation cause they can't get anymore.

I hope you not need them quick.

The boys the shop say the 32 one is better for table saw and not use them on the miter saw. They not like on the table saw because the cut is not smooth. One say the 32 is not a good miter saw blade.
Feb 4, 2007
398 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
MikuGirl wrote: You could still get it, as we had one order come 6 months late.

You may get a cancellation cause they can't get anymore.

I hope you not need them quick.

The boys the shop say the 32 one is better for table saw and not use them on the miter saw. They not like on the table saw because the cut is not smooth. One say the 32 is not a good miter saw blade.
Thanks just saw this. It has shipped but Canada post is still playing with it. I will use the 32 tooth on the table saw.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)