Hot Deals

[Lowe's] DEWALT 20V XR Brushless Hammer Drill + Impact + 2x 4 AH batteries $349 - PM Homedepot @ $314! + free shipping

[OP]
Oct 30, 2010
40 posts
47 upvotes
ottawa

[Lowe's] DEWALT 20V XR Brushless Hammer Drill + Impact + 2x 4 AH batteries $349 - PM Homedepot @ $314! + free shipping

Lowe's will price match Home depot's price ($349) +10% which brings the price down to $314 (with Free parcel shipping) for :

- 1x DCD996 1/2-in Hammerdrill
- 1x DCF887 1/4-in Impact Driver
- 2x 20V MAX XR Li-Ion Batteries (4.0Ah)
- 1x Charger
- 2x Belt Hooks,
- 1x Bit Holder
- 1x 360° side handle for the Hammerdrill
- 1x Storage Bag

Here's Home depot's link: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt ... 1001011706

For those of you who are in Ontario and can't go in store for a Price Match, you can ask in the chat or by phone and have it delivered to your door for free.

Great price for quality tools made in the US. Enjoy!
Thread Summary
Check out RFD Reviews for the top five cordless drills for home projects to see how DeWalt drills compare to the others!
19 replies
May 6, 2020
259 posts
248 upvotes
Hashim85 wrote: How does this compare to the ridgid:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001127868
I got this set when they were offering a free extra tool. It's solid and covered with life time warranty.

Some people say DeWalt is better, but I find they are similar. Only thing I could tell is DeWalt usually get lighter weight and have smaller grip..(personal opinion)
Nov 28, 2011
394 posts
476 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
If you are an average home owner who is getting just into buying your first set of drills the Rigid kit will fulfill all your needs.
They are solid performers. Many Pros will use them on a daily basis. I believe they still have a free battery replacement program but I heard it can be bit of a run around to get them.
The only Rigid tool I own is a compound Mitre saw. It is 23 years old and still going strong. It had replaced two burn out Deltas.

Personally I do heavy DIY work and remodeling so I choose DeWalt as my base platform.
No complaints. More $ but it's a cost I'm willing to pay
[OP]
Oct 30, 2010
40 posts
47 upvotes
ottawa
Hashim85 wrote: Sorry if stupid question. I don't know much about power tools.
The Ridgid $300 tool combo is made in Tawain,
The Dewalt is a $500 tool combo made in the US,
You can compare the specs of both for yourself or watch this video which appears to answer your question (the review appears to be with similar models):

Apr 9, 2018
180 posts
50 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for all the input everyone. Will watch the video @tegg2; Thanks! I do prefer the USA built DeWalts but I think Ridgid would be good enough for me and if it goes on sale from $279 or if they offer a free tool, this would be the wiser choice for me as I'm a DIYer and not a pro.
Nov 28, 2011
394 posts
476 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
If you go with Team Orange make sure you register your tools, keep your original receipts for that future date when your batteries die and you want to claim their battery warranty.
Apr 9, 2018
180 posts
50 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for the advice.
badger11 wrote: If you go with Team Orange make sure you register your tools, keep your original receipts for that future date when your batteries die and you want to claim their battery warranty.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2042 posts
173 upvotes
How much just the Hammerdrill alone cost
That drill doesn’t look fancy .... isn’t the XR Hammerdrill cost around $300 ????Thinking FaceThinking FaceAstonished Face....
Can anyone chime in?
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27093 posts
6534 upvotes
Hamilton
chinese zzz wrote: How much just the Hammerdrill alone cost
That drill doesn’t look fancy .... isn’t the XR Hammerdrill cost around $300 ????Thinking FaceThinking FaceAstonished Face....
Can anyone chime in?
Buy it and give me the drill for free boss
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
[OP]
Oct 30, 2010
40 posts
47 upvotes
ottawa
chinese zzz wrote: How much just the Hammerdrill alone cost
Can anyone chime in?
The second tool is not a drill, it's an impact driver. Much more effective than a drill to drive fasteners.

Here's a vid that explains the difference between both tools:

Dec 25, 2012
10 posts
9 upvotes
CALGARY
Your local Home Depot may already have this at $350 in store.

Funny enough, last week I used the local HD $350 price to price match this at Lowe's for $314.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1853 posts
628 upvotes
Edmonton
These are fairly heavy duty. Same ones we are currently using at work. I had a set at home too. Fairly powerful and overkill almost for home use.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Nov 12, 2008
18 posts
2 upvotes
London, ON
freewheelin76 wrote: Fairly powerful and overkill almost for home use.
+1

Overkill for sure. Bought it, sold it. This is almost regular price now, they just juggle the price between retailers. If you don't really need it, I'd say it will come down even more soon.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
1417 posts
573 upvotes
freewheelin76 wrote: These are fairly heavy duty. Same ones we are currently using at work. I had a set at home too. Fairly powerful and overkill almost for home use.
+1 for Dewalt. I have a 18V XRP hammer drill I bought in 2006 to reno my basement and it's still going strong, but the batteries are toast. I bought a 20V adaptor to use with it, but wanted an impact driver as well, so this kills a few birds with one stone. I just price-matched on their online chat and placed the order to have shipped to my house. $310.14!
Nov 3, 2005
9 posts
7 upvotes
Great find. Thanks! Bought 2 sets to replace Rigid ones that are past due and need new batteries - one for home and one for the cottage.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2006
1050 posts
425 upvotes
Vancouver
is the dewalt set comparable to this milwaukee set despite the price difference?
Link
Nov 24, 2017
85 posts
22 upvotes
Thanks OP, I price matched and they said they'd issue me a refund for the difference within the next 10-14 days. Also added a coupon for $10 off which I got for signing up for a newsletter.

I just needed something to disassemble some shelves. My 3.6V electric screwdriver wasn't cutting it. This is probably overkill, lol