Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] DEWALT Construction Saw Blade 3 Pack (10 in & 12 in) - $49.99/$69.50

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2020 2:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
48505 posts
5560 upvotes
Toronto

[Lowe's] DEWALT Construction Saw Blade 3 Pack (10 in & 12 in) - $49.99/$69.50

DEWALT Construction 10-in Circular Saw Blades (3-Pack) - $49.99
DEWALT Construction 12-in Circular Saw Blades (3-Pack) - $69.50

Rakuten 1% cashback

Was looking at Home Depot to see if they had it for a chance of a 10% price match/beat but they don't carry it.

NOTE: They're not all the same blades in terms of teeth.
10 inch pack comes with 2x 60 and 1x 32
12 inch pack comes with 2x 80 and 1x 32
9 replies
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44172 posts
4787 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I used to use these for my table saw. Switched over to Freud's due to great reviews and a good sale price. Wow, the difference is night and day, cuts like butter. Now I'm tempted to get Forrest blades to see if it'll be any better, but I figure it would be overkill for my contractor saw.
***For Sale! End Grain Cutting Boards, Charcuterie Boards, Home Decor, Custom Live Edge Tables and more! PM for details***
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
48505 posts
5560 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: I used to use these for my table saw. Switched over to Freud's due to great reviews and a good sale price. Wow, the difference is night and day, cuts like butter. Now I'm tempted to get Forrest blades to see if it'll be any better, but I figure it would be overkill for my contractor saw.
Diablo doesn't go on sale often from what i know, right?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
10508 posts
5601 upvotes
Markham
Jon Lai wrote: I used to use these for my table saw. Switched over to Freud's due to great reviews and a good sale price. Wow, the difference is night and day, cuts like butter. Now I'm tempted to get Forrest blades to see if it'll be any better, but I figure it would be overkill for my contractor saw.
+1 on Diablo blade. I actually put a 7 1/4 Diablo on my table saw which is way better. If you've never tried this, you really should.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Newbie
Nov 24, 2017
33 posts
9 upvotes
You might be able to get a deal at the Toronto Wood Show this weekend. Though you have to pay 15 bucks for a ticket.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44172 posts
4787 upvotes
Richmond Hill
gr8dlr wrote: +1 on Diablo blade. I actually put a 7 1/4 Diablo on my table saw which is way better. If you've never tried this, you really should.
I've read about it but haven't tried it yet with some concerns about the riving knife.
***For Sale! End Grain Cutting Boards, Charcuterie Boards, Home Decor, Custom Live Edge Tables and more! PM for details***
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
10508 posts
5601 upvotes
Markham
Jon Lai wrote: I've read about it but haven't tried it yet with some concerns about the riving knife.
Are you using the "stock"/packaged riving knife with the thinner kerf Diablo 10" blade?

I had to take the riving knife off as it can't be used with the thinner kerf blade...ie you need a thinner kerf riving knife to match. Having said that the 7 1/4" blade is way less scarier to use regardless....with or without a riving knife.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1053 posts
1141 upvotes
GTA
Dewalt makes 2 lines of saw blades, these (construction/20 series) and a higher line (precision trim/80 series). There also used to be a mid line (woodworking/40 series).
Differences are the quality of the carbide and the size of it (how much it can be resharpened, if at all). Make note of what Dewalt calls each series and that's really their intended use. If you expect your $25 10" blade to rival a $60-$100 one, your expectations may not be met.

Basically you get what you pay for.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44172 posts
4787 upvotes
Richmond Hill
gr8dlr wrote: Are you using the "stock"/packaged riving knife with the thinner kerf Diablo 10" blade?

I had to take the riving knife off as it can't be used with the thinner kerf blade...ie you need a thinner kerf riving knife to match. Having said that the 7 1/4" blade is way less scarier to use regardless....with or without a riving knife.
I use it with the stock riving knife:
0.087" (2.2 mm) THICK RIVING KNIFE. ONLY USE FOR 10" (254 mm) Ø BLADE
WITH 0.094" (2.4 mm) MIN. KERF WIDTH AND 0.067" (1.75 mm) MAX. BODY
THICKNESS.

Currently I'm using the D1050X, which has a 0.098" kerf, just a tad higher than the minimum.
***For Sale! End Grain Cutting Boards, Charcuterie Boards, Home Decor, Custom Live Edge Tables and more! PM for details***
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware

Top