Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] FLEXON 1/2" X 50' LIGHT-DUTY HOSE for $10.99 (In store only, GTA stores)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2020 10:33 am
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
697 posts
3019 upvotes
MILTON

[Lowe's] FLEXON 1/2" X 50' LIGHT-DUTY HOSE for $10.99 (In store only, GTA stores)

listed on a page 15 for GTA Flyers.

19 replies
Dec 4, 2017
125 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto-ON
I'm moving to a house and need to buy a hose... is this a good one?
It's so cheap that makes me think it's not a good one, LOL
Sep 29, 2011
107 posts
90 upvotes
Quebec
MrMello wrote: I'm moving to a house and need to buy a hose... is this a good one?
It is not, you should buy a rubber hose
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2428 posts
1059 upvotes
Surrey
i think Costco has 100 feet for $30
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3508 posts
736 upvotes
MrMello wrote: I'm moving to a house and need to buy a hose... is this a good one?
This will probably last you a year. So you either buy cheap one every year or you buy nice one that lasts for a few years . The end cost works out about the same.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4750 posts
3094 upvotes
paaji wrote: i think Costco has 100 feet for $30
Costco have the heavy duty ones for $30, and they are BAD. REALLY BAD. So I'd expect that this one won't last more than a season
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6365 posts
2606 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I bought the exact same hose for 9.99$ 3 years ago at Kent Building Supply (Atlantic chain) and I'm still using it to this day. I have another cheap one from walmart (5$ clearance) as well. We have it out laying on the ground almost all summer because we have a garden and a green house.

We live in the country with an unpaved driveway and the hose has held up good for the 3rd year now :)

Again it's a $11 Garden Hose.. It might not last as long for you but I took a chance and happy with it.

They are 12.99 here right now and was thinking of getting another one to make it 150ft total because we made our garden in a different location this year and I can barely reach it with 100ft of garden hose :)
Jul 17, 2010
159 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
What could go wrong with a cheap garden hose?
Aug 25, 2011
115 posts
46 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
DoorCrasher wrote: Costco have the heavy duty ones for $30, and they are BAD. REALLY BAD. So I'd expect that this one won't last more than a season
Yes, I was really disappointed. It kinks a lot
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4750 posts
3094 upvotes
bullbell wrote: Yes, I was really disappointed. It kinks a lot
Supposed to be anti-kink. NOT ... The hose Rio off when it is heavili kinked. And it tend to break where the connector is inserted into the hose.

Long story short: do not bother buying the one Costco sells
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4750 posts
3094 upvotes
js321 wrote: What could go wrong with a cheap garden hose?
Wasted money? Aren't we on RFD to find good deals and save money? Thinking Face
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8076 posts
2737 upvotes
Toronto
guillaume019 wrote: It is not, you should buy a rubber hose
DoorCrasher wrote: Costco have the heavy duty ones for $30, and they are BAD. REALLY BAD. So I'd expect that this one won't last more than a season
What would you guys recommend?
Jan 8, 2011
13 posts
8 upvotes
Montréal
Variability wrote: What would you guys recommend?
I really like the Crispair rubber hose. I had one connected to a pool sump pump for 2 winter outside and it is working like new. No issue with connectors. May be too strechy if you are using a hose reel.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/crisp- ... 1001053918

What I saw is most of the hoses available have garbage connectors. Get a good garden hose that doesnt collapse or pinch too much when you make a knot. Then buy good replacement connectors for it when it start leaking...