Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Garant 29/36-in Scratch-Free Snow Brush $10-11.49

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2020 8:41 pm
Sep 9, 2013
697 posts
594 upvotes
Ottawa

[Lowe's] Garant 29/36-in Scratch-Free Snow Brush $10-11.49

Traditional snowbrush would ice up when left overnight in my car even after knocking most of the snow out of the bristles. These are brushless and supposedly scratch free.
Buy online and pick-up in store only as its clearance.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/ice-scrape ... ush-581222

https://www.lowes.ca/product/snow-shove ... ush-726155
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 20th, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
34 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32134 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Very good brushes, get the rotating head models if possible and enjoy the surprising ease of snow removal.
Use foam head carefully on ice.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
What's the difference between the 36" and 29" aside from size? Is there a material/durability difference?

For some reason the 36" has a lower MSRP + discounted more.

Ordered the 36" for pickup, been looking to replace the Walmart ones I picked up for $2 a couple years ago.. thanks!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32134 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
One folds at the head and the other does not.
Go for the folding one ($11.49)
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3157 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
I have this one https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/gara ... 04458.html since 2014. It has been rock solid for me. Still looks new.

I can only recommend these new kind of brushes now.

The best is looking at your car's paint and to see no scuff marks.
Last edited by SquadG on Jan 15th, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<no self promotion>
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2018
1504 posts
1519 upvotes
Have one of these! Was recommended by my detailer to use since he paint corrected and ceramic coated my car. Worth it
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1569 posts
1156 upvotes
I've got one in my work vehicle and love it. I'm going to pickup another for my personal vehicle. Thanks OP
Mar 8, 2010
572 posts
472 upvotes
Foothills
I got the longer 52" telescoping edition last year on sale for the same price @ Lowes.
Ideal when you have to clean off the roof of a larger vehicle/truck.
Works really well.
Dec 28, 2005
659 posts
225 upvotes
Near VanCity
Thanks OP! Picked up a two of these a few weeks ago and they work well with dry snow. Love the fact that these are "gentler" on my car. Definitely recommend.
Last edited by EJF777 on Jan 16th, 2020 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
These are the way to go. I found out too late that regular ones can leave pretty bad scratches. I'm not talking about swirls, it is much deeper at least in my car. Terrible.

Good thing it is a lease, but I am still salty about it. I got a couple of those foam ones that are "safer" on pain, but haven't had the chance to use them yet.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2776 posts
1995 upvotes
They suck. Costco ones is much better for about same price
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
This has been in sale since last month or more, just a heads up the stock system can be very wrong.

I got the longer telescoping one for the same price in December, and the snow joe snow broom. So far they've been excellent and much faster at pulling snow off on one easy stroke

They also had Michelin silicone brushes for $3.75
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
Mrrfdxyz wrote: They suck. Costco ones is much better for about same price
I don’t see foam brushes at my local Costco.

Unless you are doing an Apples to Watermelons comparison? Nylon brushes are completely different from foam. Sure, if you got an older car that’s just a daily beater or if you simply aren’t concerned about your paint, then yes, the nylon brushes at Costco are perfectly fine. I use this on my wife’s SUV.

My car gets the foam treatment.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Mar 26, 2004
387 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
Need a new one, good timing. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3581 posts
2795 upvotes
Pothole city
If you want to make an cheap brush scratch-free... Just use a lighter to burn the tips of the plastic bristles.
A small ball will form at the tips and much smoother to the touch and on the paint.
Nov 7, 2018
2776 posts
1995 upvotes
HDawg wrote: I don’t see foam brushes at my local Costco.

Unless you are doing an Apples to Watermelons comparison? Nylon brushes are completely different from foam. Sure, if you got an older car that’s just a daily beater or if you simply aren’t concerned about your paint, then yes, the nylon brushes at Costco are perfectly fine. I use this on my wife’s SUV.

My car gets the foam treatment.
The Costco one have BOTH ' nylon brush and foam' opposite side. And garrant ice scraper get chipped so easily. Making it useless to remove frozen windshield. I live in Edmonton. It gets really cold here.

The one in Costco is so sturdy. I have both so I know. This Garrant doesn't even have brush.

Brush is best for Windows as you don't have to worry for scratching the paint. I use the foam oft he Costco one for the painted surface.
Last edited by Mrrfdxyz on Jan 20th, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7079 upvotes
West GTEH!
hulk007 wrote: Traditional snowbrush would ice up when left overnight in my car even after knocking most of the snow out of the bristles. These are brushless and supposedly scratch free.
Buy online and pick-up in store only as its clearance.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/ice-scrape ... ush-581222

https://www.lowes.ca/product/snow-shove ... ush-726155
Thanks OP.
Will check this out. Based on RFD comments, seems like a better option for your car paint.
😎
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7079 upvotes
West GTEH!
Mrrfdxyz wrote: The Costco one have BOTH ' nylon brush and foam' opposite side. And garrant ice scraper get broken so easily. The one in Costco is so sturdy. I have both so I know. Garrant doesn't even have brush
Garant has the the Foam brush(scratch-free), instead of nylon bristles brush.
😎

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)