• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2018 5:50 pm
Nov 8, 2012
239 posts
263 upvotes
TORONTO
canucksfan19 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 10:25 am
I've used timers before but it impacted he water pressure and reduced its range for our lawn. Would this timer have the same issue?
Only time I have seen reduction in the pressure is when it is winding down about a minute or so from the end. I just afda couple of minutes extra to counter that.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1711 posts
431 upvotes
Woodbridge
Good find OP. Not to hi jack this thread but Costco had a version of the same sprinkler ( with built in timer ) for 59 $. But I agree having a separate timer may work better as you can hook up all other accessories through it.
With greater power comes greater difficulty in factorizing the polynomial.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1882 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
canucksfan19 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 10:25 am
I've used timers before but it impacted he water pressure and reduced its range for our lawn. Would this timer have the same issue?
i dont experience any shortage on water pressure on this timer...

if you swing the dial to the right, timer starts... if u swing it to the left (manual override), it runs the water just like from the tap ..
Oct 24, 2017
237 posts
520 upvotes
I have this (got it from Costco).

Works great, and has a wide range. The middle nozzle doesn't fully work, so I need to take it back to Costco (which I'm too lazy to do, frankly), but otherwise it's a very good sprinkler.

I can't say 100% that the timer is accurate down to the second though, so YMMV if you need precise down-to-the-second timing.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4722 posts
1312 upvotes
sigh, OOS at both Etobicoke South and Mississauga, can't seem to order for store pick up
Jan 13, 2017
495 posts
157 upvotes
Lowes cancelled my order this midmorning....that sucks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1882 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
neptune wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 11:36 am
Will this connect to any regular garden hose or requires Gardena connectors/hose?
it works on regular garden hose.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3227 posts
773 upvotes
Oshawa
woolo wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 12:22 am
hey all,

my sprinkler system's hose leaks (due to ageing and exposed on top of the flower bed soil)... so i am looking for a temporary sprinkler before i replace the hose.

gardena is solid brand (can't compare with crappy tire 10.99 product)... anyway lowes is running this sprinkler as 'clearance item' while canadian tire and hd is still selling for $60ish (prob newer version, slightly difference on the tabs where you can adjust the width of the watering area)... i have also attached a timer below if anyone wants to bundle it up, so it auto-stops watering the lawn at your desire time.

i hope this sprinkler can help your lawn during this hot hot hot summer like last weekend ...

Gardena 3,900 sq ft Oscillating Sled Sprinkler

https://www.lowes.ca/lawn-sprinklers/ga ... rm=gardena

Gardena Water Timer
https://www.lowes.ca/water-timers/garde ... rm=gardena

(try your luck and see if CT or HD will price match with 10%, however, these are marked as 'clearance items' and model # is different, so it's all depends on the cashier / sales associates. good luck)
CT: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/garde ... p.html#spc
HD: https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.aqua ... 64736.html
This is NOT a deal!

The Ray Padula at Lowes would be a CHEAPER and better deal. I just ordered one online yesterday and picked up this morning. $12.99 + taxes.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Nov 24, 2008
217 posts
210 upvotes
Brampton
AV-Fishing wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 1:40 pm
This is NOT a deal!

The Ray Padula at Lowes would be a CHEAPER and better deal. I just ordered one online yesterday and picked up this morning. $12.99 + taxes.
Please elaborate and not be a seagull who flies in, craps on stuff and flies away without any justification
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3205 posts
2277 upvotes
Ottawa
AV-Fishing wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 1:40 pm
This is NOT a deal!

soyabean17 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 1:49 pm
Please elaborate and not be a seagull who flies in, craps on stuff and flies away without any justification
This is like comparing an econobox car with a premium car - to each his own. This is what the Ray Padula looks like for $12.99.
https://www.lowes.ca/lawn-sprinklers/ra ... SPRINKLERS
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3227 posts
773 upvotes
Oshawa
soyabean17 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 1:49 pm
When it is a temporary fix ... there is ABSOLUTELY no need to spend double or triple the amount of money. Financially speaking it makes no sense.

If you intend on keeping it ... then fine.
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1882 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
AV-Fishing wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 3:07 pm
When it is a temporary fix ... there is ABSOLUTELY no need to spend double or triple the amount of money. Financially speaking it makes no sense.

If you intend on keeping it ... then fine.
Keeping it or not is subject to my discretion... Temp fix maybe lasts for the entire summer if I don't have time to replace the hose. But I definitely need a good sprinkler in the meanwhile during these hot days.

Water area up to 3,900sq ft while urs is 2,900 sq ft.

U can get a sprinkler from dollarama too. Have fun on what u called A DEAL ;) lol
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6822 posts
2558 upvotes
Calgary
mcwilly wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 9:04 am
Looks like a good one. Our yard is smaller and the one we have won't oscillate on low pressure making it kind of useless for us.
We have the same problem. Increasing the pressure end up watering the sidewalks. :lol:
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3227 posts
773 upvotes
Oshawa
woolo wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 4:15 pm
Keeping it or not is subject to my discretion... Temp fix maybe lasts for the entire summer if I don't have time to replace the hose. But I definitely need a good sprinkler in the meanwhile during these hot days.

Water area up to 3,900sq ft while urs is 2,900 sq ft.

U can get a sprinkler from dollarama too. Have fun on what u called A DEAL ;) lol
If you have a massive yard ... by all means go with a BIG one.

Sorry. My backyard only measures about 40' x 29' .... so I guess getting a sprinkler that covers 2900 sq ft is sufficient.

You must have a massive lawn. Congrats.