• Jun 22nd, 2018 5:50 pm
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2398 posts
1746 upvotes
Clarington
AV-Fishing wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 4:41 pm
If you have a massive yard ... by all means go with a BIG one.

Sorry. My backyard only measures about 40' x 29' .... so I guess getting a sprinkler that covers 2900 sq ft is sufficient.

You must have a massive lawn. Congrats.
Is this what rfd has come to? Lawn sprinkler topics devolving into getting butt hurt by people's bigger lawns.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1227 posts
168 upvotes
Edmonton
My advance apologies for an off-topic question (hijacking the thread) to the experts out there.
On the side of my house is ~30 ft. long by ~10 ft. wide, what is the optimum sprinkler to use? I tried a few but either it sprays to the neighbour yard, too small of an area or too short to cover all. I was going to put 2 sprinklers, but too much work for little area.

TIA,
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42409 posts
3089 upvotes
Richmond Hill
uglyguy wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 5:25 pm
My advance apologies for an off-topic question (hijacking the thread) to the experts out there.
On the side of my house is ~30 ft. long by ~10 ft. wide, what is the optimum sprinkler to use? I tried a few but either it sprays to the neighbour yard, too small of an area or too short to cover all. I was going to put 2 sprinklers, but too much work for little area.

TIA,
You should be able to do essentially 10x15’ on either side of the oscillation with the Gardena but the corners will probably be dry.
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $25***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
May 10, 2013
769 posts
209 upvotes
Any feedback on the Gardena Water Timer? Plan on getting one tomorrow.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1882 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
AV-Fishing wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 4:41 pm
If you have a massive yard ... by all means go with a BIG one.

Sorry. My backyard only measures about 40' x 29' .... so I guess getting a sprinkler that covers 2900 sq ft is sufficient.

You must have a massive lawn. Congrats.
Wake up dude.. what is up in ur mind.

u don't have to sorry as I ain't comparing my lawn size vs ur lawn size. I am just illustrating the spec between the two.

Anyway I will just leave it here..
Apr 7, 2017
110 posts
51 upvotes
Guys you can always find the cheap sprinkler at factory direct like gilmour at around 10-15$
These are good one for large lawn and covers around 15’ both sides and 10’ wide
Nov 29, 2006
981 posts
261 upvotes
Costco warranty vs this Lowes deal...

Costco comes with their warranty, extra connectors (which I actually need), and sprinkler has a built in timer (not sure if this is better or worse)

Lowes can buy seperately, has ebates for 1%, and can use a $10 off $50 email signup coupon, which if you're buying everything the costco package has, it probably works to about the same price.

I guess only real difference is whether it's better to have a built in timer or seperate one?
Dec 23, 2015
270 posts
819 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Have one works great
bought the whole system would recommend
Jun 1, 2006
452 posts
62 upvotes
NB
i couldn't find on costco.ca - only in store I presume....
Nov 30, 2011
953 posts
357 upvotes
GTA
h41t3r wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 8:50 am
On another note, anyone else having a hard time logging into lowes today? I've tried multiple browsers on different computers. I've even successfully (according to the resulting redirect) reset the password a number of times, but no luck actually logging in.
Used the gmail trick to generate a new 10% off code and placed order as guest with PayPal checkout:

Item: 256065 Model: 9125A By Gardena $16.19
Item: 450691 Model: 9177A By Gardena $34.97

List Price: $51.16
Discounts: $10.00
Final Costs: $41.16
Shipping: Included
HST: $5.35
Your Total: $46.51

Payment Method : PayPal $46.51
Nov 8, 2012
239 posts
263 upvotes
TORONTO
ktkn wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 7:02 pm
Costco warranty vs this Lowes deal...

Costco comes with their warranty, extra connectors (which I actually need), and sprinkler has a built in timer (not sure if this is better or worse)

Lowes can buy seperately, has ebates for 1%, and can use a $10 off $50 email signup coupon, which if you're buying everything the costco package has, it probably works to about the same price.

I guess only real difference is whether it's better to have a built in timer or seperate one?
You don't actually need to use the timer on the Costco one. Turn it left and it acts as a regular non timed sprinkler.

A think I like about the Costco one is the three sprouts on the top and bottom angle the water at about 30-45 degree angle. I have a small yard and I could adjust the sprinkling height and the angle so as to cover only my yard and not spill into the neighbors house.
Nov 29, 2006
981 posts
261 upvotes
Is the 3 spout to angle the water specific to the Costco version and not the Lowes? I'm asking because I bought it already (both the timer AND the sprinkler), but if the Costco one is better, I'll just get that one.