• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2019 10:53 pm
[OP]
Jan 12, 2013
13 posts
21 upvotes
Cornwall

[Lowe's] Gatehouse Electronic Deadbolt $57

This is the cheapest price I have seen for an electronic deadbolt. It gets great reviews. Fumbling for keys is a thing of the past.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 10th, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
26 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15321 posts
4613 upvotes
Its in the flyer so that means they should get more then the low stock numbers currently showing for most stores and you can get a rain check if out of stock (which for Lowes means you pay now and they call when it comes in)
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Sep 3, 2014
562 posts
472 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
We’ve got these on all four exterior doors. Paid $54 each in February 2016, so this must be the ‘winter sale’ price.

There’s a $10 off $100 code on their website at the moment.

Batteries last well.

6 digit codes. You can give people different personal codes, so that you can add and delete as needed.

Just make sure you delete the master code, otherwise you might as well leave your doors propped open, as the master codes are all 123456.

When you delete it, make sure it IS deleted by trying to use it.

Buy these! We’ve got the black ones (our hardware is all ‘aged bronze’ so that is a good match).
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15321 posts
4613 upvotes
BritsinCanada wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 12:13 am
Just make sure you delete the master code, otherwise you might as well leave your doors propped open, as the master codes are all 123456.
Thats amazing i've got (almost) the same combination on my luggage!
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1755 posts
1919 upvotes
"Locks may be re-keyed to match other W keyway"

What does this mean?

I have currently one key set for both garage entrance door and main house door. Want to use this for garage door, does the sentence above mean that the lock on this can be re-keyed to match my existing key?
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Feb 2, 2018
55 posts
10 upvotes
Got one. Thanks OP.

although now I am paranoid someone might see the passcode while I enter it or it can be easily hacked/opened using the keypad.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18315 posts
1776 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Jumanji12 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 7:39 am
Got one. Thanks OP.

although now I am paranoid someone might see the passcode while I enter it or it can be easily hacked/opened using the keypad.
Probably a lot less work to just smash a window
Nov 10, 2017
59 posts
16 upvotes
Smashing a window makes a specific sound that will draw attention to the B&E jerk and they dont want to draw attention to themselves. This is why most homes dont get broken into by smashing a window.
Nov 10, 2017
59 posts
16 upvotes
Great price and its a Grade 2 lock. Many deadbolts in that sale price range are Grade 3. So this is great.
Feb 4, 2010
154 posts
85 upvotes
Edmonton
Jumanji12 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 7:39 am
Got one. Thanks OP.

Reviewing slow-mo video taken using a digital camera with a decent zoom lens from down the block will get your code pretty quickly. You can zoom in enough to see the rings of Saturn from your backyard with a $1200 camera!

A quick search comes up with a product trying to address the issue: Turbo-lock has a "Code Camouflage" where you enter the first digit and then it ignores everything up until the last digits completing the code. Are there any other products addressing the issue?
Apr 12, 2013
297 posts
167 upvotes
BC
We've had these for years now, and just bought 2 more. They survived -40c in Fort McMurray with no issue (except for a coating of ice!). Winter is a serious problem for many of the vastly more expensive systems.

Our window installer was able to rekey them to match our other doors, an unexpected bonus.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2805 posts
1372 upvotes
Calgary
2.5yrs ago, I got 2 for about $40@ (or so if I'm not senile) & installed them on the front & back door. they work great & the 4xAA batteries lasts a long time (1-2yrs). highly recommended
Oct 15, 2013
46 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Bought this as an entrance lockset for $69 when it was on clearance a while back and I have to say I’m very happy with its performance. I have it installed at the front and back of the house and they are amazing.