[Lowe's] Gatehouse Electronic Deadbolt $57

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2019 10:53 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3542 posts
1132 upvotes
Montreal
No smart home integration kills it for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
1746 posts
758 upvotes
Alliston, ON
TravelJ wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 4:54 am
Reviewing slow-mo video taken using a digital camera with a decent zoom lens from down the block will get your code pretty quickly. You can zoom in enough to see the rings of Saturn from your backyard with a $1200 camera!

A quick search comes up with a product trying to address the issue: Turbo-lock has a "Code Camouflage" where you enter the first digit and then it ignores everything up until the last digits completing the code. Are there any other products addressing the issue?
I forget who makes it, but there is a keypad lock that scrambles the number pad every time you enter the code. That way you are always touching a different spot on the keypad when you punch in the code and don't leave any residue behind after constantly touching the same keys. Its obviously going to cost more than your standard keypad locks
Jul 12, 2012
60 posts
29 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Thanks op! Signed up for the $10 off $50 coupon bringing the price down to $47.
Feb 19, 2017
77 posts
18 upvotes
Purchased 2 seperately and used the $10 off on each. Came to $47 each plus tax 53.11 ea.
Thanks op.
Aug 29, 2006
69 posts
1 upvote
Is it better to create a new post than to ask a question on an old post?
I see these locks are going to $67 tomorrow. Last time I tired to order a schlage set and Lowes ended up cancelling my order due to out of stock. Is that common practice for them?
Can I buy in store a day ahead and return for the sale price the next day? I miss out on any online discount if I do that though so prefer to buy online.
Mar 4, 2007
475 posts
358 upvotes
Halifax
Dangit, just came upon this thread now, price is back up to $114.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18315 posts
1777 upvotes
Niagara Falls
old_schooler wrote:
Jan 25th, 2019 11:00 am
Is it better to create a new post than to ask a question on an old post?
I see these locks are going to $67 tomorrow. Last time I tired to order a schlage set and Lowes ended up cancelling my order due to out of stock. Is that common practice for them?
Can I buy in store a day ahead and return for the sale price the next day? I miss out on any online discount if I do that though so prefer to buy online.
I've personally never had that issue with online ordering. Perhaps do an online order with an in-store pickup. At least then you should be able to find out day or or next day if they with honour it.
Nov 6, 2009
677 posts
61 upvotes
What’s the vertical length of the unit that goes inside the house?
I have a dead bolt where this unit will go and the dooor knob underneath the dead bolt. I tried a different brand from Home Depot and the inside unit (which takes the battery) was overlapping the door knob. (Picture below)

How are you guys solving this scenario?
Images
  • 7F7B8456-8EEB-4518-85F5-774B2FC8BCF6.jpeg