Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Google Nest Doorbell (Battery) PM HD for $152

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2021 5:52 pm
Nov 23, 2014
61 posts
63 upvotes

[Lowe's] Google Nest Doorbell (Battery) PM HD for $152

Saw the other doorbell thread and found this.

HD is selling the Google battery one at $169. Lowes at $239. PM for $152.

HD link: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/google ... ____583694_
Lowes link:https://www.lowes.ca/product/doorbell-k ... ry-1064254
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best doorbell cameras!
34 replies
Jun 6, 2018
321 posts
232 upvotes
Can you do this price beat at BB? Lowe's is too far where I a live.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1754 posts
574 upvotes
Banana4Scale wrote: Can you do this price beat at BB? Lowe's is too far where I a live.
No only Price match
Jul 14, 2009
695 posts
1279 upvotes
GTA
Banana4Scale wrote: Can you do this price beat at BB? Lowe's is too far where I a live.
You can get it shipped for free
Oct 21, 2009
921 posts
850 upvotes
How's the lag on this?

For example, if someone rings the bell, what is the delay between that and a notification on the phone, and then again from opening up the notification to seeing the person
Aug 28, 2011
16 posts
12 upvotes
NORTH YORK
BB has same price @$169.99
Nov 5, 2015
342 posts
330 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Battery life has been horribly disappointing. Lasts for 4 days between charges, and that is with all settings set to maximize battery life. If you can hard wire, then I would recommend it as the features are nice, but if just on battery power, then expect to be bringing it inside very often to charge.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2012
1143 posts
930 upvotes
Everywhere
mathieurousseau wrote: Battery life has been horribly disappointing. Lasts for 4 days between charges, and that is with all settings set to maximize battery life. If you can hard wire, then I would recommend it as the features are nice, but if just on battery power, then expect to be bringing it inside very often to charge.
that doesn't seem right. should be months between charges, not days. you must have bought a lemon.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1288 posts
3734 upvotes
mathieurousseau wrote: Battery life has been horribly disappointing. Lasts for 4 days between charges, and that is with all settings set to maximize battery life. If you can hard wire, then I would recommend it as the features are nice, but if just on battery power, then expect to be bringing it inside very often to charge.
4 days?!
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
Would there be anything about this that would make it a no-brainer to move from a Ring?

I mean, other than the astetics. The Ring is big and no-so-attractive.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Mar 18, 2011
278 posts
226 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Wow, that is not right. I charge mine every 3-4 weeks
Mar 11, 2019
119 posts
85 upvotes
_jaspeh_ wrote: Wow, that is not right. I charge mine every 3-4 weeks
3-4 weeks is also not right. It's suppose to last months between charges.

I have installed a dozen of different smart doorbells and I always find these doorbell overpriced. Especially if you don't pair them with any subscriptions, then the features are very limiting, but the unit itself was not cheap at all.

That being said, the Ring Doorbell was on sale a few months ago for $59.99 on Amazon, and the Wyze Doorbell Pro also looks promising for their prices.
Big Black Friday Sales!
Mar 18, 2011
278 posts
226 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Krakendactyl wrote: 3-4 weeks is also not right. It's suppose to last months between charges.

I have installed a dozen of different smart doorbells and I always find these doorbell overpriced. Especially if you don't pair them with any subscriptions, then the features are very limiting, but the unit itself was not cheap at all.

That being said, the Ring Doorbell was on sale a few months ago for $59.99 on Amazon, and the Wyze Doorbell Pro also looks promising for their prices.

Nest Doorbell (battery)
Busy - About 1 month battery life (about 25 - 30 recorded events per day)
Typical - About 2.5 months battery life (about 13 - 16 recorded events per day)
Quiet - About 6 months battery life (about 2 - 5 recorded events per day)

I live on a busy corner with bus stops so it records often the people walking by or waiting
Mar 11, 2019
119 posts
85 upvotes
_jaspeh_ wrote: Nest Doorbell (battery)
Busy - About 1 month battery life (about 25 - 30 recorded events per day)
Typical - About 2.5 months battery life (about 13 - 16 recorded events per day)
Quiet - About 6 months battery life (about 2 - 5 recorded events per day)

I live on a busy corner with bus stops so it records often the people walking by or waiting
That makes sense then. If charging the battery is too much of a hassle, you might wanna hardwire it.
Big Black Friday Sales!
Oct 24, 2018
47 posts
34 upvotes
I installed mine on October 2, I have about 60% battery life left. Quiet street
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
TCWeasel wrote: Would there be anything about this that would make it a no-brainer to move from a Ring?

I mean, other than the astetics. The Ring is big and no-so-attractive.
I have both Ring and Nest, the Nest's AI is by far more superior... Ring has horrible motion detection and miss stuff all the time.
My only complaint would be no 24/7 recording even with hardwire (but this feature is confirmed to be released with the new 2022 model). Otherwise I would jump on this for sure.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Jan 4, 2007
196 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
jojo_jojo wrote: Saw the other doorbell thread and found this.

HD is selling the Google battery one at $169. Lowes at $239. PM for $152.

HD link: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/google ... ____583694_
Lowes link:https://www.lowes.ca/product/doorbell-k ... ry-1064254
Lowe's price matched me to the Home Depot price, but they claimed that because it was a Black Friday Special price, they would not give the additional 10% off. Does anyone else have similar experience and do I have the basis for a customer service complaint?
RKL