[Lowe's] Green Cross Lawn Fertilizer Clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2021 10:22 pm
[OP]
Jul 5, 2006
435 posts
198 upvotes

[Lowe's] Green Cross Lawn Fertilizer Clearance

I was looking for lawn fertilizer and found the following deals at Lowe's. They all had stock for online order at the time of posting. I am not sure about the product but the price is attractive.

Green Cross 12-kg Fall Fertilizer with Nutri-Lock Technology and 1% Iron (12-0-18), $5.60, save $22.39
https://www.lowes.ca/product/green-cros ... 18-1159261

Green Cross 6-kg Fall Fertilizer with Nutri-Lock Technology and 1% Iron (12-0-18), $3.30, save $11.69
https://www.lowes.ca/product/green-cros ... 18-1159260

Green Cross 6-kg Lawn Fertilizer with Nutri-Lock Technology and 2% Iron (30-0-3), $4.19, save $9.80
https://www.lowes.ca/product/green-cros ... -3-1159257
13 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1157 posts
1530 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Seems like a great deal..
Any expert can tell me any issue with these?
Oct 18, 2011
300 posts
414 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I could be mistaken but it looks like the 2 more expensive ones are specifically for Fall use with 1% iron content. Would the Fall-specific ones still work now (Spring), or would it be suggested to perhaps go with the other non-Fall one? I'm looking at overseeding my postage stamp of a lawn in front of my townhouse soon and any suggestions by someone more knowledgeable on the topic than me would be most appreciated. TIA
Aug 24, 2018
657 posts
893 upvotes
Langley BC
Thanks OP. Picked up some fall bags as that is all they had in stock close to me. Great price and a BIG thumbs Thumbs Up Sign
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16886 posts
7178 upvotes
kevinshalfpenny wrote: I could be mistaken but it looks like the 2 more expensive ones are specifically for Fall use with 1% iron content. Would the Fall-specific ones still work now (Spring), or would it be suggested to perhaps go with the other non-Fall one? I'm looking at overseeding my postage stamp of a lawn in front of my townhouse soon and any suggestions by someone more knowledgeable on the topic than me would be most appreciated. TIA
Scotts Spring Fertilizer recommendations are:
https://www.scotts.com/en-ca/products/l ... eed-spring

Basically fertilizer that is 32-0-4. This is identical to the third one on sale at Lowes.

Here's a breakdown of what it means: https://www.garden-counselor-lawn-care. ... mbers.html

Nitrogen is the most important, but also the one you get by mulching your grass onto your lawn. Therefore, I would not hesitate to use a fall fertilizer on your lawn since it will get ample nitrogen from the grass clippings. The ones that are high in potassium are good to prepare the lawn for the harsh winter - so will not hurt your lawn (just not as needed). Feel free to buy any of the three with the last one being the best for spring and the first two best for the fall. If you are only buying one (for both spring and fall) buy one of the first two as the fall feeding is much more important.
Mar 22, 2006
187 posts
84 upvotes
Picked this up a few months ago on clearance. Stock varies from store to store.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1286 posts
712 upvotes
Ajax
kevinshalfpenny wrote: I could be mistaken but it looks like the 2 more expensive ones are specifically for Fall use with 1% iron content. Would the Fall-specific ones still work now (Spring), or would it be suggested to perhaps go with the other non-Fall one? I'm looking at overseeding my postage stamp of a lawn in front of my townhouse soon and any suggestions by someone more knowledgeable on the topic than me would be most appreciated. TIA
I would not suggest using for spring.
Nov 18, 2009
264 posts
146 upvotes
covabwoy wrote: I would not suggest using for spring.
Can you explain why you would not recommend this for spring application?
Banned
Oct 8, 2020
606 posts
493 upvotes
Kerberos wrote: Can you explain why you would not recommend this for spring application?
I think of it this way - it is better to put Fall fertilizer in the Spring
than not putting any fertilizer
- - - > Life is a waste of time.
May 14, 2013
548 posts
849 upvotes
RFD
This will be fine for spring. But these fertilizer granules are HUGE, you have to be careful with your spreader.
Caused nitrogen burn on my lawn (around bends and edges, where it gathered).
Iron gives grass a darker green color.
Nov 10, 2018
141 posts
79 upvotes
ON
Very True Ok Hand Sign
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2588 posts
1932 upvotes
Received the pickup email from Lowes, Thanks OP
Aug 18, 2013
180 posts
403 upvotes
Next door
Some of these deals are also at Rona.