Expired Hot Deals

Lowe's

Hillman Ft Drywall Sc #6X1-in (5LB) $8.14 (Reg. $27.99)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2021 11:38 pm
Tags:
7 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3954 posts
2248 upvotes
Ottawa
Ft Drywall Sc #6X1-in (5LB)
Recommended for steel stud applications
Use no. 2 Phillips drywall bit plan on 48 screws per 4x8 ft sheet
Member
User avatar
Apr 29, 2018
204 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
shylok wrote: Ft Drywall Sc #6X1-in (5LB)
Recommended for steel stud applications
Use no. 2 Phillips drywall bit plan on 48 screws per 4x8 ft sheet
Can we use them for the regular 1/2 inch drywall ,to screw on to wooden wall stud ? Not sure what this steel stud is .
Mother of all necessities ---> RFD
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 7, 2005
4328 posts
8207 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
These are a little short for wood studs. They are usually 1 1/4". Also these are fine screws, whereas for wood studs, usually are coarse thread
Member
Dec 24, 2011
396 posts
160 upvotes
New Westminster
These are good for mounting random thin stuff on the wall... Beyond that that they would be better for steel studs.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3771 posts
3225 upvotes
migotist wrote: Can we use them for the regular 1/2 inch drywall ,to screw on to wooden wall stud ? Not sure what this steel stud is .
a steel stud is exactly what it sounds like... a steel stud instead of wood... i know commercial applications use steel studs... not sure about condos...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 17, 2009
2020 posts
1459 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
These are 100% for fastening drywall to metal studs. Don’t cheap out to save $20 on your project and use the wrong thread and wrong depth screws on your drywall to wood stud installation.
Member
Nov 12, 2019
282 posts
989 upvotes
rob187 wrote: These are 100% for fastening drywall to metal studs. Don’t cheap out to save $20 on your project and use the wrong thread and wrong depth screws on your drywall to wood stud installation.
This!

That's how you end up with excessive nail pops in a few years and an overall shitty looking job that will cost A LOT more than $20 to fix.

Top