Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] HOLY HOT - $1080 OFF - 17.75-in 4-Light Chrome Hardwired Clear Glass Drum Standard Chandelier $119

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 11:53 am
Aug 25, 2011
52 posts
28 upvotes
BURLINGTON
Lowes is a great place to purchase clearance lighting - if you are willing to look for a bargain and can tolerate their wild pricing practices. It is not like Ctire where you the regular price is overpriced. Regular prices are competitive. I purchased clearance track lighting 2 weeks ago. Regular price $84.99 for 21$. I went into the store to purchase more and the price, still on clearance, was $67.00. They sold me more for the lower price when I showed them my web order at the cheaper price. The punchline - I waited a year for these to go on sale, and they are garbage. I had to modify every light head to get them to work. However, I have purchased many lights from their clearance area - I check every time I am in the store.
Also - I think this is a good time to look for clearance lighting because many stores are switching to LED lights. I am replacing any older lights in my house because I want to avoid hardwired LEDs and I am afraid that replacement bulb type lights will be harder and harder to get.
Dec 10, 2009
719 posts
2123 upvotes
Van Isle
I posted this light at $299 about 3 months ago. This is a hot deal regardless of whether people think its ugly or not. Quite a few rfd'ers have a hard time getting around the "hot deal/but i hate it" concept.

Good find OP
inappropriate signature
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1254 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Clicked on the picture and thought it would be something extravegent. looks like it's only worth 100$ , i'd buy it for 50$ max
😎Thanks RFD😎
Jul 11, 2009
402 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
i bought a light fixture from lowes website before.
  1. the website literally has thousands of fixtures (kinda like wayfair), which makes looking through their catalog (even when filtered to a specific style) a multi-day exercise. they should figure out how to make their website more efficient if you want to sort through all of the lights.
  2. the light fixture came in a big box with zero packaging so it was no doubt banging hard around during shipping.
  3. the fixture was kinda bent, but i could sorta bend it back straight
  4. was advertised without bulbs (what i wanted), but came with light bulbs anyways (whatever), but since there was no packaging they were damaged and didn't work, leaving sharp glass shards inside the box (wtf ?)
  5. the electrical wires within the fixture were too short when the fixture was configured to it's maximum height (wtf?)
  6. in the end, it was an average price, but it was a specific light fixture that i wanted that i didn't find anywhere else, so i managed through it.
  7. left a bad review online, but lowes didn't post it nor did they follow up with me (wtf?)
Dec 30, 2013
210 posts
68 upvotes
Mississauga
I have a bunch of eurofase lighting in my house, nice quality made pieces from my experience, would deff jump on this if needed
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1076 posts
221 upvotes
I was intrigued at first - but reminds me of a Jellyfish, or can't help get the thought of the light vomiting out contents.

Thanks OP for posting either way.

Found this site that shows a room application - photo-shopped, but helps visualize. Albeit, I think this a larger model.
https://www.alconlighting.com/eurofase- ... elier.html
Last edited by canadiancynosure on Oct 15th, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1286 posts
558 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
I couldn't imagine having to regularly clean and dust all the ornate glass pieces in this fixture. Checked 7 stores nearby and none have stock. It may be the right fixture for some. Thanks anyway OP - gave you a thumbs up.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1165 posts
746 upvotes
British Columbia
Gave thumbs up... Don't want one but it's still 90% off.
Mar 27, 2015
112 posts
228 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Great deal OP .. Though I wouldnt ever get it haha!

There are some available for pickup around YEG
Public Mobile 'Friend' :)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4257 posts
2694 upvotes
If I bought a house with this hanging inside the first thing I would do is tear this down and throw in the garbage.

I would still put it by the curb first but I doubt anyone would want it even if it's free.