[OP]
Jun 16, 2019
304 posts
999 upvotes
west as

[Lowe's] /Home Depot - Bissell Air Ram cordless vacuum - $157 - London Drugs PM

Get ramming some air.

Price matched+10% the Bissell Air Ram cordless vac at Lowe's for $157.49
London Drugs currently has it for $174.99 (historical Amazon low). https://www.londondrugs.com/bissell-air ... nd-bissell

HD: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/bissel ... 1001495099
Lowe's: https://www.lowes.ca/product/stick-vacu ... uum-853350

Pretty highly rated cordless at a good price for those that don't feel like contributing to the Sir James Dyson Benevolent Fund.

Consumer Reports take : For an affordable price you get a top-notch and self-standing cordless stick vacuum. The Bissell Air Ram 1984 scores an Excellent rating on our carpet cleaning test and is just as good at bare floors. It has the longest runtime among the cordless vacuums in our labs, with a charge that lasts 47 minutes. Even though it's a basic model, the Bissell Air Ram has held its place near the top of our ratings for some time. But unlike other stick vacs, it doesn’t convert to a hand vacuum or come with any accessories.

Review from Vacuum Wars:
Images
  • aram.PNG
12 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1537 posts
6910 upvotes
Refurb Dyson's can be had around this price point.

I understand the hesitation around Dyson, but two key points people don't always consider:

- Bissell has a TON of products and regularly discontinues/changes models constantly - in terms of longevity and serviceability, a Bissell is way more likely to be discontinued and have no parts available for it. Dyson is iterative and very good at supporting parts, as are 3rd party suppliers

- Dyson is rock solid in terms of warranty/support - several Dyson refurb buyers have been upgraded to newer model vacuums. They never repair in Canada, only swap out for new units
[OP]
Jun 16, 2019
304 posts
999 upvotes
west as
Convince my SO to purchase something with 'refurbished' in the name
Jan 8, 2012
78 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Hmmm. Has anyone had a price match for London Drugs at HD or Lowe’s within the GTA?
Sep 25, 2018
552 posts
1046 upvotes
HD says not sold in store? How does PM work with online order?
May 23, 2011
328 posts
172 upvotes
N/A
AlicW93740 wrote: HD says not sold in store? How does PM work with online order?
They can do PM via online chat. You give them homedepot SKU and competitors url. They tell you if they accept to PM or not. if they accept the PM, you place the order and give the order to the chat agent. They will adjust the price, let you know the final price and preference number.
May 19, 2008
381 posts
79 upvotes
I have the Air Ram and it is fantastic.

Also it has way more battery life than most Dyson cordless vacs. The only con is that it is loud.

I would highly recommend it.

As for Bissell discontinuing it, that is unlikely as they are simply rebranding the Gtech Air Ram.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2019
304 posts
999 upvotes
west as
Basheer wrote: I have the Air Ram and it is fantastic.

Also it has way more battery life than most Dyson cordless vacs. The only con is that it is loud.

As for Bissell discontinuing it, that is unlikely as they are simply rebranding the Gtech Air Ram.
Interesting. A GearLab review clocked it at 74.2dBa and described it as 'exceptionally quiet'. All relative I suppose.
Sep 25, 2018
552 posts
1046 upvotes
Guklagar wrote: Hmmm. Has anyone had a price match for London Drugs at HD or Lowe’s within the GTA?
Failed to price match with Lowe's since London Drug is not in Ontario.
Feb 13, 2017
202 posts
82 upvotes
I reached out to HD and received this response.
Images
  • E6BE184A-305E-4ADE-878B-D4331E64ADF0.jpeg
[OP]
Jun 16, 2019
304 posts
999 upvotes
west as
Basheer wrote: I have the Air Ram and it is fantastic.

I now agree. I certainly wouldn't describe it as 'exceptionally' quiet (at least on hardwood) . Works very well though.
May 21, 2005
105 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the deal, OP. Was able to PM at Lowe's without issue. My quick review after a couple of uses...

Cons:
Not self propelled, so can get tiring after awhile.
Not quiet or loud. It's like every cordless vacuum I've owned. Don't expect to use this if you don't want to wake up the kids.
Lots of plastic everywhere. Means you need to be extra gentle where things are hinged.
No extra accessories or nozzles. Best used as a floor vacuum on hardwood/area rugs and quick pickups.

Pros:
Very easy to put together.
Charging the battery is simple
Seems to have good vacuum power. Was able to pull up a lot of dog hair embedded in area rugs
The slider for cleaning the dust cup is a good feature, so you don't have to get hands dirty
Fairly light, so can be carried up and down stairs easily
With PM at Lowe's, it's a no brainer for what you get