Sep 18, 2007
327 posts
922 upvotes
how does this compare to costco salt? 2.99 seems like a good price
Mar 17, 2015
219 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto, ON
allybert wrote: how does this compare to costco salt? 2.99 seems like a good price
Costco salt is the best imo but I the skid was empty yesterday at Costco.
Apr 27, 2015
314 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I remember last winter I was trying to get salt and all the stores were sold out!
This is a good deal, early in the season, I'm grabbing a few.

thanks OP!
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2574 posts
2020 upvotes
Clarington
cashinstinct wrote: Are they related to the Paw Patrol ?

I'll show myself out.
While you're out, can you pick me up some salt and do my driveway?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5050 posts
5854 upvotes
allybert wrote: how does this compare to costco salt? 2.99 seems like a good price
In taste or performance? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2519 posts
1545 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Does Home Depot carry it and is this a price match opportunity? I do not see it on the HD website but I remember buying yellow bags of ice salt last year from HD.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Apr 27, 2015
314 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I ordered 5 for ISPU at Vaughan location, they cancelled it this morning.
Looks to be OOS at most stores in the GTA. there's some location in Toronto and Scarborough that have stock though.

Can tire has the 40kg bag, so no price match opportunity there, doesn't look like HD stocks this item.

Good luck finding them!
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1443 posts
746 upvotes
Guelph
btechballer wrote: I ordered 5 for ISPU at Vaughan location, they cancelled it this morning.
Looks to be OOS at most stores in the GTA. there's some location in Toronto and Scarborough that have stock though.

Can tire has the 40kg bag, so no price match opportunity there, doesn't look like HD stocks this item.

Good luck finding them!
That's insane. Waterloo region has literally thousands of bags lol
Oct 11, 2018
460 posts
662 upvotes
ON
btechballer wrote: I ordered 5 for ISPU at Vaughan location, they cancelled it this morning.

Good luck finding them!
There are about 900+ bags at North Scarborough
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4500 posts
2128 upvotes
Toronto
btechballer wrote: Looks to be OOS at most stores in the GTA. there's some location in Toronto and Scarborough that have stock though.
Supposed to be >1000 bags at the Caledonia store in Toronto.
Following the advice of the Health Experts - I will consider voting for Dougie @ 12:01 AM, five days after the next provincial election.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28313 posts
8765 upvotes
Is this actually a deal in any way? Seems like it's reg. price? Or are people just having trouble finding salt to begin with?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1331 posts
379 upvotes
This still is really bad for your cement steps or pavers... It will eat away at the cement. Old owner of my house loved salt. The front steps were destroyed. Costs less in the long run to pay for deicer vs salt....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5114 posts
507 upvotes
None in my area. Regular price for this seems cheaper than the usual $4 for 10kg or $7 for 20kg at most places in other brands. I made sure to have an extra couple of bags of salt this time after everywhere being put of stock in the middle of winter last year.
Jan 29, 2012
11 posts
4 upvotes
Every time I order for pick up at the store they cancel my order. This was no exception. Except the time I got there and they said my order had already been picked up. Really really bad website for ordering.
[OP]
Sep 25, 2019
456 posts
699 upvotes
kcirtap78 wrote: This still is really bad for your cement steps or pavers... It will eat away at the cement. Old owner of my house loved salt. The front steps were destroyed. Costs less in the long run to pay for deicer vs salt....
Salt & Deicer does the same damage. It is due to the water absorbing into the cement & expanding (https://www.miconcrete.org/sites/defaul ... lete_0.pdf).

It's best to just use sand if you just want traction.