Hot Deals

[Lowe's] iRobot Roomba 690 - $240 (REG. price $479.99) - ON, MB, AB, BC (in-store clearance price - limited stock)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2021 11:38 am
[OP]
Nov 29, 2020
45 posts
119 upvotes

[Lowe's] iRobot Roomba 690 - $240 (REG. price $479.99) - ON, MB, AB, BC (in-store clearance price - limited stock)

Link: https://www.lowes.ca/product/robotic-va ... uum-866484

This one is a pretty hot clearance deal on a slightly older but still very decent robot vacuum.

It's for Ontario and West from there all the way to BC, as this requires a curbside or in-store pick up from a Lowe's store.

While the listing advertises a generic "iRobot Robotic Vacuum", the actual model name in the description is iRobot Roomba 690.
866484_09464064_001_l.jpg

Has Alexa and Google Assistant support, smartphone control and a pretty good battery life. Not the dumbest cookie either out there (though not the smartest either).

Full specs are here: https://store.irobot.com/default/roomba ... 90020.html

Has extremely good reviews for an entry-medium level unit. Check out these reviews:

- Wired: https://www.wired.com/review/review-irobot-roomba-690/
- PC Magazine: https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/irobot-roomba-690
- Google Reviews: https://g.co/kgs/s5MpLe
Capture6.PNG

And now it's priced cheaper on clearance sale at Lowe's than in Canadian Tire (also on sale - $315), Amazon and everywhere else.

But the actual stock levels are extremely limited and you need to do an order online for a curbside pickup in Ontario and potentially other provinces, while paying for the order in advance.

This is what Stocktrack is showing: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=lws&prod=5637233649
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG
Capture4.PNG
Capture5.PNG

Ordered the last remaining unit in Waterloo for my mom, but there's one more left in Kitchener for folks from KW :)

Note that according to Lowe's website it's:
Final sale on clearance items. The quantity of clearance products is limited and may vary rapidly. The number of products in stock indicated on the website is not guaranteed and is included for information purposes only. We process orders in the order in which they are recorded, on a first-come, first-serve basis. We reserve the right to cancel any order made in-store and / or online without notice, especially due to the unavailability of the product or for any other reason. The clearance items cannot be transferred between stores. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
Last edited by DennisS85384 on Feb 13th, 2021 5:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
30 replies
Jun 13, 2005
231 posts
80 upvotes
vancouver
Thanks OP. Picked up one in Van (pending confirmation of stock that is).
Dec 19, 2009
835 posts
359 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP.
Really deliberating between this or paying $60 more for the Roomba E6 on sale at my local Costco warehouse for $299.99. Thinking Costco’s return policy (and peace of mind) may be worth the extra $60.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1106 posts
681 upvotes
Thumbs up for the thorough post
Jan 15, 2017
192 posts
156 upvotes
I have this (got it as a promo at work where it was free if I bought a certain amount of product). It does a good job but if I had to buy another I would get one like the Neato that I used to have which mapped the room rather than just bouncing around randomly. Also the dust bin in this is quite small but still does the trick especially on hard floors. Not sure how the dust bin would hold up on carpet. The worst part about this would have to be that it has real trouble with the charging base, it goes home but the connection once it gets there isn't that strong so it often wants to wiggle around and then just leave and go back trying to make a solid connection. This problem is amplified by the fact that on hard floors the charging base slides all over the place as it is light and doesn't have any real friction with the floor
Sep 6, 2018
24 posts
40 upvotes
Kitchener is gone, website shows stock but I guess it hasn't been picked up yet.

What Costco location had the other model?
Jan 12, 2017
198 posts
59 upvotes
after getting robots with laser, I will never go back to those without. Far more efficient. And prices are also acceptable like neato or some Chinese brands.
Dec 19, 2009
835 posts
359 upvotes
Ottawa
Strandednomad wrote: What’s the benefit of getting the one for $60 more?
Haven’t looked at all the features to compare but I think they’re very close. My point was the extra $60 isn’t much to pay for peace of mind...particularly with finicky technology like a robot vacuum. Final sale is a bit risky for an item like this.
Last edited by mikek33 on Feb 13th, 2021 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 19, 2009
835 posts
359 upvotes
Ottawa
Andar1911 wrote: Kitchener is gone, website shows stock but I guess it hasn't been picked up yet.

Saw it at Barrhaven (Ottawa) Costco yesterday and $299.99 price was on until tomorrow (Sunday) I think. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but pretty sure Costco regularly puts their Roomba’s on sale.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19400 posts
5697 upvotes
Still have the e6 I bought from the Walmart clearance sale last year for $50. Waiting to give it away for a wedding gift as I can't use it in my own home. Thanks for the heads up though...
Jul 15, 2005
28 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
They cancelled my order as quantity showing 1 is Demo. Maple store is showing 1 but order won’t be processed due to “lack of availability”.
Only Belleville and Kingston have stock atm.
Mar 9, 2008
459 posts
101 upvotes
Btw, are these refundable at Lowe's? Online says 90 days on all purchases. But this is final sale...but policy never mentioned you can't return final sales....
[OP]
Nov 29, 2020
45 posts
119 upvotes
Andar1911 wrote: Kitchener is gone, website shows stock but I guess it hasn't been picked up yet.

mikek33 wrote: Thanks OP.
Really deliberating between this or paying $60 more for the Roomba E6 on sale at my local Costco warehouse for $299.99. Thinking Costco’s return policy (and peace of mind) may be worth the extra $60.
You can check out this comparison here: https://smartrobotichome.com/best-roomb ... son-chart/

The 690 is the same as the 675 but comes with one barrier.

The e6 is the same as e5 but comes with two barriers.

To be honest the deal on the e6 is pretty sweet, but for me the 690 will do the trick I think.
[OP]
Nov 29, 2020
45 posts
119 upvotes

There's still one left in Cambridge according to stocktrack.

But yeah sorry bout remotely raiding Waterloo, my mom just picked up the last unit there :)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3200 posts
515 upvotes
haranzo wrote: policy never mentioned you can't return final sales....
Isn't that what "final sale" means though?
Sep 6, 2018
24 posts
40 upvotes
DennisS85384 wrote: There's still one left in Cambridge according to stocktrack.

But yeah sorry bout remotely raiding Waterloo, my mom just picked up the last unit there :)
Thanks! Just snagged it. Didn't see how I missed that.
Jul 30, 2019
34 posts
265 upvotes
Anyone know if the roomba is on sale at Costcos in Calgary?
Jan 11, 2009
533 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
dont need one but upvoting OP for a well written post