[Lowe's] Kamado Joe 20lbs Natural Lump Charcoal By two get one Free

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2019 2:24 pm
[OP]
Oct 6, 2007
145 posts
67 upvotes

[Lowe's] Kamado Joe 20lbs Natural Lump Charcoal By two get one Free

Just as the subject says. By two bags of Kamado Joe Natural Lump Charcoal get one free.
Last edited by felsteinb on May 6th, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
59 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3528 posts
308 upvotes
I got excited until I saw his sells at $30/bag, Maple a leaf lump which has a great reputation sells for almost half the price.
Mar 15, 2005
688 posts
541 upvotes
This is great lump charcoal. Really big chunks, hardly any small peices and very little ash gets created compared to other brands.. In my kamado i always put a few big peices at the bottom of the grill grate to allow for good airflow as smaller peices of charcoal tend to not let as much air through the grill grate holes. I still have 3 bags in my shed from the last sale. I'll use cheaper stuff like maple leaf or the stuff in the green bag from costco for regular day to day cooks, and use the KJ lump for long cooks like pork shoulder or brisket.

dont forget to sign up for lowes email for an extra $10 off.
Dec 6, 2018
67 posts
28 upvotes
great deal. I got this same deal just a few weeks ago and picked up 6 bags. Tempted to go get more as this is nice stuff, and for the same price (in the end after this sale applied), I personally enjoy it more than the other brands available at Lowes.
Dec 31, 2006
320 posts
89 upvotes
Thanks OP! This is a great deal. This works out to $20/10kg bag for a superior charcoal. By way of comparison the Maple Leaf stuff is $20 for an 8kg bag.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2007
145 posts
67 upvotes
SKIDS wrote: Thanks OP! This is a great deal. This works out to $20/10kg bag for a superior charcoal. By way of comparison the Maple Leaf stuff is $20 for an 8kg bag.
Np I figured I should post because it was on that last page. Happy cooking!
Mar 17, 2018
2 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
The is premium charcoal. Similar to Fogo charcoal, using very dense wood from South America (I think), but at this price it's much cheaper. Careful with ordering for online pickup though. I tried it once and they manhandled the bags moving it to the pickup area. One bag was ripped which they sealed with tape. Probably got more small bits and dust as a result.
Dec 5, 2015
568 posts
607 upvotes
Verdun, QC
bajemail wrote: Canadian Tire's current flyer has MASTER Chef Premium BBQ Charcoal Briquettes 7KG for $10. How is it compared to this one?

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... 52270.html
Not even the same thing. Briquettes and lump is totally different things. If you compare this to the lump KJ still much better but it is approx 2× the price.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9731 posts
1944 upvotes
Toronto
And don't forget the 1% cashback from eb!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4969 posts
9585 upvotes
Ottawa
With $10 email signup this is a 'smoking hot' (ok maybe not that hot, but pun intended) $16.67 for 10 kg of premium charcoal is very good price. Similar to Costco per/kg, but just better product. (Costco charcoal has lots of stones in it)
Bought it about a month ago with the same deal.
Dec 10, 2007
73 posts
105 upvotes
Winnipeg
bajemail wrote: Canadian Tire's current flyer has MASTER Chef Premium BBQ Charcoal Briquettes 7KG for $10. How is it compared to this one?

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... 52270.html
Even if it was the same stuff, the Master Chef lump charcoal is horrible. Its as if they put the lump through a wood chipper and bagged the result.

This Komodo lump is so good that its almost too good. Sometimes I'll break up the larger pieces if I'm doing a smaller cook.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6221 posts
1867 upvotes
Have a Weber and WSM smoker just bought three bags minus $10 Lowes coupon so $56 all in. I'll see how it goes will have to read up on how much to use and how to light in smoker vs Kingsford.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2085 posts
967 upvotes
Ontario
Bought some on sale a while back, not really impressed with them, while there were some big pieces, there were more tiny pieces that ended up clogging the vent holes, not sure if my experience is isolated though.
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Sep 16, 2008
115 posts
77 upvotes
Thank OP, we are good to go for Summer now .
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2003
1078 posts
100 upvotes
Thanks op! Perfect timing as I just got the Oklahoma Joe offset smoker from lowes!!!
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0