95 posts
11 upvotes

Kitchenaid refrigerator (KRFC300ESS) - $2398

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 4, 2019
Retailer:
Lowes
I've been watching prices on Kitchenaid refrigerators for a year on and off, in particular a Kitchenaid KRFC300ESS fridge. This is a stainless steel counter depth model. It is the cheapest price I've seen at $2398.00, plus Lowes is also offering save the tax (usually appliances are excluded from this type of offer) and free truck delivery (usually you can have the save the tax or free delivery but not both). I realize there is also a thread about a 25% rebate of Tier III appliances. Note, this is a Tier I so it doesn't qualify. Deal is good until September 4th. Also note that since this is a special order item, it is very hard to price match since it usually isn't in stock at the competitor.
Last edited by buttertarts on Sep 1st, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Sep 9, 2016
210 posts
373 upvotes
Leask
Next time try throwing a link to the product and the final price somewhere in your post.
Oct 14, 2009
388 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Tommy74 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2019 11:25 am
Whirpool is better.
All depends on what aesthetic you like, made by same company, same factory. Only difference is looks
------------------------------------------------
Contest Prizes: 2 Person Pass to Movie (JOBS), Method Laundry Products for 1 Year ($250 value), Passes to see WWE RAW in Toronto Star Private Box ($300 Value)
Oct 14, 2004
715 posts
121 upvotes
Victoria
OP, what's the regular price you normally see on this specific model across various retailers. Curious as to the savings.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2017
95 posts
11 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote:
Sep 1st, 2019 12:20 pm
OP, what's the regular price you normally see on this specific model across various retailers. Curious as to the savings.
I've seen this model at $100 higher for regular price so not a huge difference on the base price. What makes it a deal is the save the tax plus the free ship at the same time.
Mar 7, 2007
200 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
I have kitchenaid everything in my kitchen including a French door w/bottom freezer refrigerator. I got them about 4 years ago and luckily the sales guy at the time forced me into an extended warranty. I have utilized the warranty 3-4 times more than what I paid for the warranty. Steel doors started rusting on the outside in many places (which is apparently not covered under extended warranty even though brick paperwork said it was), hinges started making loud grinding noise, compressor fan got replaced twice, crisper drawers got replaced once as the front of the drawer got separated and a lot more. It’s been one hell of a torture with the refrigerator.
Last edited by ambience on Sep 1st, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1901 posts
885 upvotes
Ottawa
Best Buy has this for the same price. +15% off weekend sale. Price beat at Home Depot for 10% less.
Should be like roughly $2,141 with tax and delivery.
You can save almost $300.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2017
95 posts
11 upvotes
fruzmatik wrote:
Sep 1st, 2019 12:28 pm
Best Buy has this for the same price. +15% off weekend sale. Price beat at Home Depot for 10% less.
I haven't had any luck price matching or beating special order items. I've only been able to do this with models in stock. Hopefully someone else has better luck with this.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1901 posts
885 upvotes
Ottawa
buttertarts wrote:
Sep 1st, 2019 12:37 pm
I haven't had any luck price matching or beating special order items. I've only been able to do this with models in stock. Hopefully someone else has better luck with this.
The Home Depot policy SPECIFICALLY says it applies to special order appliances ... what does luck have to do with it?

"Whats Excluded?
Custom or Special Order products (with the exception of Special Order appliances) – meaning customized or configured products (e.g., custom ordered blinds or carpet) from a competitor"

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/custom ... antee.html
[OP]
Jul 31, 2017
95 posts
11 upvotes
fruzmatik wrote:
The price match did work. It was $2142.46 all in.
Nov 20, 2008
266 posts
39 upvotes
ambience wrote:
I have kitchenaid everything in my kitchen including a French door w/bottom freezer refrigerator. I got them about 4 years ago and luckily the sales guy at the time forced me into an extended warranty. I have utilized the warranty 3-4 times more than what I paid for the warranty. Steel doors started rusting on the outside in many places (which is apparently not covered under extended warranty even though brick paperwork said it was), hinges started making loud grinding noise, compressor fan got replaced twice, crisper drawers got replaced once as the front of the drawer got separated and a lot more. It’s been one hell of a torture with the refrigerator.
agreed! i have one that's 1.5 years odl and ice builds up inside my fridge, which eventually reduces the cooling. I had warranty service come and replace some parts once after 6 months and now, i just thaw it out myself. i'm just finishing up another thaw cycle. my old white top-freezer kitchenaid that was at least 10 years old never had such issues.
Jun 30, 2014
108 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sounds like quality control issues.
That's a lot of repairs for a fridge $2k+
I've got a whirlpool that has ice build up problems due to the drain hole getting frozen over.

Little shocked how these little problems still happen. I would think they get resolved with the newer models.
Feb 11, 2015
102 posts
56 upvotes
Winnipeg
stay away from this model. i have this and the ice maker is dead after 2 years. poor gluing job to the tub, you could see oversprayed foam, doors not closing smooth, the freezer handle keeps getting loose.No way you can hand pick a unit, so in that case good luck!