Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Kobalt 10" Sliding Compound Miter Saw $169, plus save an extra 15%.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2018 4:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1162 posts
653 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON

[Lowe's] Kobalt 10" Sliding Compound Miter Saw $169, plus save an extra 15%.

I've been using the same sliding compound miter saw for a few years now and its been fantastic. Thought maybe some of you DIYers might be interested in this buy. Comes with a 15 Amp motor and backed by a 3 year warranty.

It's a pretty good deal, considering $100 off the reg price. Plus until Feb 18, save 15% when you spend $100 or more. Promo Code: Family15
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 15th, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer edit
26 replies
Nov 26, 2008
888 posts
544 upvotes
GTA
I am on the fence, this is a decent deal for the minimal times I would need this tool. I could borrow my brothers and save the space but just having this.
good find
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
5841 posts
3934 upvotes
Ordered it yesterday after waiting on a good mitre saw sale for 4-5 weeks. Will use it to install 300+ feet of baseboard and trim throughout the house. Hopefully it works well.

If you want a high tooth count Freud Diablo blade, they're generally cheaper on Amazon.
Apr 2, 2011
536 posts
199 upvotes
This is the best price I've seen on this saw. I purchased when it was on sale for $200 last May 2-4.

It's a great diy tool with a lot of features.
Nov 22, 2007
273 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone help out if this can work for hardwood cutting? If not, could someone be kind enough to recommend a good one for hardwood - planning to install DIY. Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1162 posts
653 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
abhi wrote: Can anyone help out if this can work for hardwood cutting?
Absolutely!! I would recommend getting a quality blade for hardwood.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1162 posts
653 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
abhi wrote: Great bro! Thanks ...

I know (15% coupon) but how does it compare with https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.10-i ... 48699.html

Ryobi 10 inch @ HD for $158.... Just want to get the better one if there is such a thing :)

Thanks RFD. Op thanked as well
The Kobalt is a sliding saw, meaning it can cross cut material up to 12". Where the Ryobi doesn't have the sliding feature, so it might be able to cross cut up to 6.5".
Sep 11, 2017
76 posts
65 upvotes
Couple of questions here. 1) With a good blade, is this saw capable of precision work? (i.e. is there any play in any of the pieces?)
2) How long is this saw going to last? Will it withstand 20 years of continued use or will parts start to fail after a couple? Say if I wanted to have a saw capable of helping to build hardwood furniture for a small business.

Thanks!
Apr 23, 2014
54 posts
51 upvotes
Niagara, ON
I bought one a few years ago for around one hundred dollars - still going strong.
Folds nice and compact; nice addition to my tools. Although it doesn't get a real heavy workout.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2787 upvotes
ProjectOverload wrote: I bought one a few years ago for around one hundred dollars - still going strong.
Folds nice and compact; nice addition to my tools. Although it doesn't get a real heavy workout.
Was that the 10" saw or the 7.25" saw that you bought? I've seen the 7.25" saw on sale frequently for under $100, but not the 10".
Nov 22, 2007
273 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Bianco13 wrote: Absolutely!! I would recommend getting a quality blade for hardwood.
Thanked again! Any recommendations for good blade/s?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1162 posts
653 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
The 10" hasn't been at this low of a price in a couple of years.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1162 posts
653 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
abhi wrote: Thanked again! Any recommendations for good blade/s?
I'm a fan of Freud Diablo blades, keep an eye out as they come on sale every so often at the big box stores and Amazon.
Jul 29, 2006
134 posts
165 upvotes
Ottawa
I would go with the Kobalt deal. I had the Ryobi slider from HD and used it for one project then returned it. The saw did not work well from a mechanical perspective. The slide mechanism was not fluid and would slide with a jerky motion (yes, lock screw was fully loosened). The saw was also quite heavy I found.

The Kobalt has a better bed with multiple adjustments. Thinking about getting this to compliment the Kobalt table saw I bought a couple months ago at 50% off.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
5841 posts
3934 upvotes
If you're looking for a different saw they also have all Mitre Saws at 10% off this week. The 15% code stacks on top of that as well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1162 posts
653 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Otugrapes wrote: Couple of questions here. 1) With a good blade, is this saw capable of precision work? (i.e. is there any play in any of the pieces?)
2) How long is this saw going to last? Will it withstand 20 years of continued use or will parts start to fail after a couple? Say if I wanted to have a saw capable of helping to build hardwood furniture for a small business.

Thanks!
1) I use my saw for fine trim, crown and cabinet work, the precision is spot on.
2) How long will this saw last depends on how well it's cared for and how it's used. If you're planning to use a saw or any tool day in and day out in a trade setting, I would highly suggest getting a higher end or commercial grade tool for the job.
This Kobalt saw is perfect for the weekend warrior type.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4976 posts
689 upvotes
in for one great deal thanks op