Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Kobalt 10-in Table Saw with Folding Stand. $249. 50% OFF

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2019 12:17 pm
Feb 25, 2016
82 posts
78 upvotes

[Lowe's] Kobalt 10-in Table Saw with Folding Stand. $249. 50% OFF

50% on the table saw with stand. The blade is small.
Ebates plus you can use another $5 at checkout or the newsletter $10 coupon
They had the same deal this summer
6 replies
Jan 5, 2007
453 posts
244 upvotes
Inflated regular price. Considering brand name (DeWalt, Bosch) portable table saws can sometimes be had at around the $300 range and this being a house brand table saw with a mediocre fence, I wouldn't consider this table saw good value at $250.

(I'm also annoyed how Lowes keeps stock artificially inflated/don't properly update stock for the products on sale - they wait a while to say "sorry" then cancel the order. Meanwhile the product shows up in stock at regular price after they send the email.)
Jan 12, 2013
80 posts
85 upvotes
Cornwall
This was on sale for $229, until boxing day. I bought it. There is not much in this range for a portable table saw.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Dex wrote: Inflated regular price. Considering brand name (DeWalt, Bosch) portable table saws can sometimes be had at around the $300 range and this being a house brand table saw with a mediocre fence, I wouldn't consider this table saw good value at $250.
You obviously know nothing about table saws. First, this saw is actually made by Delta (a maker of high quality saws) and rebranded by Kobalt. Take a look at the Delta 36-6020 and you'll see it's the same saw. Second, all saws in this price range have bad fences, if you want a good fence you have to spend significantly more on a saw or you can buy an aftermarket fence, or you can just adjust your methods to be less dependent on the accuracy of the fence.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
BeapChastard wrote: You obviously know nothing about table saws. First, this saw is actually made by Delta (a maker of high quality saws) and rebranded by Kobalt. Take a look at the Delta 36-6020 and you'll see it's the same saw. Second, all saws in this price range have bad fences, if you want a good fence you have to spend significantly more on a saw or you can buy an aftermarket fence, or you can just adjust your methods to be less dependent on the accuracy of the fence.
Yes, unfortunately there's no portable table saws that have good fences in this price range. Personally I would opt to forego the portability and get a contractor's table saw with a good fence, like a Dewalt, in the same price range, rather than a portable one with a bad fence, but that's just me. You can always buy a portable stand for ~$100 at a later time.

Also, I would argue Delta doesn't make "high" quality saws. They make decent stuff, but their entry level offerings (which is what this one would be a rebrand of) leave a bit to be desired.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
3111 posts
3201 upvotes
No politics in sigs - mods
Jan 5, 2007
453 posts
244 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote: You obviously know nothing about table saws. First, this saw is actually made by Delta (a maker of high quality saws) and rebranded by Kobalt. Take a look at the Delta 36-6020 and you'll see it's the same saw. Second, all saws in this price range have bad fences, if you want a good fence you have to spend significantly more on a saw or you can buy an aftermarket fence, or you can just adjust your methods to be less dependent on the accuracy of the fence.
Yes, so obvious ... There are always ways around limitations but how difficult do you want to make things for yourself? An easy to use tool that gets you the results that you want/need is a tool you are more likely to enjoy using.

Are you recommending a mediocre saw when a better one can be had for $50 more from time to time? How does it compare to a DeWalt or a Bosch in the same category?

Personally I bought a Busy Bee cast iron table saw off of Kijiji for $125 a few years ago. It came with an aftermarket "Align A Rip" fence (Biesemeyer style fence). In retrospect, I may have had better use for a portable DeWalt due to space constraints. If I were on the market for a portable saw I would wait and spend a bit more on quality. For those that can't wait and are fine with buying a mediocre portable saw for $250 I have no problem with that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)