[OP]
Sep 2, 2004
301 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto

[Lowe's] Kobalt 1700 psi pressure washer $89 starts May 14

Starting tomorrow (May 14, 2020),
This electric pressure washer is a pressure washer is on sale for $89
No review, but pretty nice savings on the washer.
https://www.lowes.ca/product/electric-p ... her-795430
223 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1037 posts
440 upvotes
Vancouver
I can't remember the name of the Chinese OEM but it looks like it's another iteration of what's inside the Ryobi pressure washers.

All the accessory parts look the same as the Ryobi too.
Mar 29, 2006
258 posts
152 upvotes
Just picked up the Ryobi 1800 PSI 1.2 GPM washer from HD for $148, but I’d rather pay $89 for this one!
Oct 24, 2016
961 posts
815 upvotes
ON
Wondering if the difference is in the quality of components. Ryobi comes with a 3-year warranty compared to 1-year for the Kobalt.

Never used a washer before, would this be a good one for cleaning concrete and pavers?
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1606 posts
1298 upvotes
It's missing some nozzles. It comes with the 40 degree and the turbo. OTOH if you wish to remove the paint from your car the turbo at close range might do just that...

They should have included the 0, 15 and 25 degree nozzles. The hose is 20'. 25' would have been more practical when washing a vehicle. OTOH since it is a small PW you can always move it around.

You can use this to clean concrete/pavers, just be prepared to spend a long time doing it.

I built my own 2.4 gpm @ 3600 psi electric PW. That was a project I did in 2017. Obviously it needs to be connected to a 30 amps/240V breaker. I use it to clean my large driveway. This is when you appreciate having a powerful PW. I once cleaned the driveway with a 1800 psi and it took close to 2 hours (that was stupid). I did it in about 30 minutes with my 3600 psi ;)
Mistakes are learning opportunities. Not the expression of failure.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2931 posts
283 upvotes
Picked up a Kobalt last year, had it for six months, so far so good.
Seems to be better then Kärcher in build but not as powerful
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Oct 16, 2018
129 posts
69 upvotes
The soap applicator.... Is that kinda like a foam cannon?
Seems like a pretty good deal. Might just put the trigger on this one.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1844 posts
1379 upvotes
Isn’t it Rona that has this going on sale tomorrow?
Nov 15, 2006
578 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
Stupid question.... will anyone use it in winter?
Nov 22, 2007
258 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
lowes says 1 yr warranty and rona 3?????????? :rolleyes:
Mar 5, 2016
900 posts
647 upvotes
wrecker wrote: Stupid question.... will anyone use it in winter?
No, you don't want to have this anywhere near freezing temps. In fact, don't even store it in a cold garage just in case, and you have to make sure it is totally empty of water.
Mar 5, 2016
900 posts
647 upvotes
Lookingfordeals911 wrote: The soap applicator.... Is that kinda like a foam cannon?
Seems like a pretty good deal. Might just put the trigger on this one.
Yes but with this underpowered unit, don't expect thick, shaving-cream-like foam. I have a similar unit (Armor All/Karcher version) with 1600 PSI 1.3GPM. The foam it generates is very average, but it does the job.
May 14, 2007
61 posts
17 upvotes
Revelstoke
I'm a new home owner and assessing if I should have one of these around.. what are they better for than a normal hose sprayer? I have hardie and cedar siding and composite decking
Mar 5, 2016
900 posts
647 upvotes
endure wrote: I'm a new home owner and assessing if I should have one of these around.. what are they better for than a normal hose sprayer? I have hardie and cedar siding and composite decking
They are just stronger to clean things like decks and cars and whatnot. I would say at this level, it is more of a nice to have, rather than a necessity. I use mine mainly to clean the car but I still need to use a wash mitt. I used it once to clean the shed (standard ourdoor door and siding). Could I have achieved the same thing with a hose? Absolutely. Now, if you need to strip old stain off a deck or something like that, it works very well (even these basic electric units).

Since you've never owned one, the only thing with pressure washers is to store them in non-freezing temps and ensure they are completely empty of water for the winter.
May 14, 2007
61 posts
17 upvotes
Revelstoke
Right on. Are they needed/nice to have for cleaning windows and driveway and torch-on roof? Or could it damage any of those?
Jul 21, 2017
55 posts
125 upvotes
Is it only in stores or online? Price still shows 160 online