Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Kobalt 7 1/4-in 10 Amp Single-Bevel Sliding Compound Mitre Saw with Laser Marker (SM1815LW) $99.50

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2019 8:47 pm
[OP]
Mar 1, 2009
38 posts
31 upvotes

[Lowe's] Kobalt 7 1/4-in 10 Amp Single-Bevel Sliding Compound Mitre Saw with Laser Marker (SM1815LW) $99.50

lowe's Single-Bevel Sliding Compound Mitre Saw is on sale for 99.50, reg.199.00
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4666 posts
4718 upvotes
Vancouver
Price in title please.

It has been on sale for this price several times before, and according to reviews it's a great deal at this price, although with the limitations of the 7 1/4 size.

Keep in mind that Lowes has dropped the Kobalt brand in favour of Craftsman, so is clearing these out.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1057 posts
2057 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Great mitre saw for home/hobbyist use! Really light, which makes setting it up and using it easy. Compact for storage, which is why I kept this one and got rid of my 10" Craftsman compound mitre (non-sliding). Included blade isn't the best (good starter), so having spares will be handy. I've never used the laser feature -- didn't bother installing the batteries for it, and eyeballing the blade alignment to the stock is easy enough. Good bang for the buck! Built my fence and deck using this, plus did all the trim work for my finished garage, and it's got plenty of life to go.
Mar 12, 2012
516 posts
394 upvotes
Belleville
Agree, nice saw. I have a 12" downstairs, and I bought this last time it was on sale - I was doing trim work upstairs and wanted to save the walk.
The 7" blade is to small to cut through wide stock when on an bevel, but that's part of the deal for saws this size.
Nov 25, 2002
697 posts
174 upvotes
Kelowna
CalgaryBen wrote: Great mitre saw for home/hobbyist use! Really light, which makes setting it up and using it easy. Compact for storage, which is why I kept this one and got rid of my 10" Craftsman compound mitre (non-sliding). Included blade isn't the best (good starter), so having spares will be handy. I've never used the laser feature -- didn't bother installing the batteries for it, and eyeballing the blade alignment to the stock is easy enough. Good bang for the buck! Built my fence and deck using this, plus did all the trim work for my finished garage, and it's got plenty of life to go.
Same for me. I let my 10" sliding Ryobi and stand go (got them for $199 on sale) and bought this instead because storing and moving and setting up that Ryobi was just such a pain for the sort of work I was doing. Around the house I find 95% of jobs I'm doing I really only need the cut capacity of the Kobalt. The remaining stuff I can cut by either cutting halfway and flipping the piece in the kobalt, or getting out the circ saw. It's also a lot quieter. And the blades... so much cheaper. And nice that it's interchangeable with the circ saw.

Also, It's design is superior to the Ryobi anyways. The screw that locks the slide has a sping in it so it doesn't self-tighten due to vibration (something the Ryobi did constantly). Also, the slide doesn't get covered in dust to the same degree as my old Ryobi because of how it's designed.
Dec 26, 2006
278 posts
270 upvotes
I bought one last night based on the reviews on here for using for small things in the house. Thanks!
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
967 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
I have one of these, along with a 12" slider Ridgid which is a beast to move on it's Ridgid folding stand. For the smaller 7 1/4 one I screwed a 2x4 on the bottom and clamp it in a B&D Workmate. This works well for me, mate.
Mar 12, 2019
26 posts
17 upvotes
I used one last winter for re-trimming the whole basement. Worked very well, no problems whatsoever. My friend who is a wood worker borrowed mine for a few days when his DeWalt broke, he said he liked it, considering the price.

(I even had an additional coupon which put it under 100 tax in. shipped, cannot complain).
Aug 1, 2018
107 posts
91 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Great saw at this price. As mentioned, it goes to this price a couple of times per year, but never lower to my knowledge. Add the $10 discount for signing up an email and it's a great deal at $90.

I've used it to cut deck boards and build planter boxes, an extension to my fence, and a privacy screen so far. Super light and easy to move around. Right now it's just on the floor in my garage and I just lift it on to a table to make cuts when needed and lift it back off again after. I've done mitered and bevelled cuts on 2x4 boards with no problem
Oct 2, 2007
180 posts
67 upvotes
SAVEMORE promo code worked for me, seems to be around 15%? I think you have to add something else to bring it over $100 for the promo code to apply.

Got it for $84, after adding the $19 2x craftsman plastic storage cases

That code seems to work on a lot "lower price" items btw
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2119 posts
1615 upvotes
I paste this every time this is posted. Probably been newer threads as well.

This saw is posted very regularly here and is a decent price for a good saw. Highly reviewed.

Best price I've seen was $45 @ Rona.

2019 post:
lowes-warm-kobalt-7-1-4-10-amp-sliding- ... 5-2265088/

Some of the 2018 post:
lowes-lowes-kobalt-7-25-sliding-miter-s ... 9-2187549/
lowes-kobalt-7-25-10amp-sliding-mitre-saw-99-2217134/
lowes-kobalt-7-1-4-mitre-saw-10a-89-99- ... n-2227456/
lowes-kobalt-7-1-4-10-amp-single-bevel- ... f-2252539/

Even advertised on RFD:
https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/home- ... tre-saw-3/
Aug 13, 2006
777 posts
549 upvotes
Ottawa
tempeste wrote: SAVEMORE promo code worked for me, seems to be around 15%? I think you have to add something else to bring it over $100 for the promo code to apply.

Got it for $84, after adding the $19 2x craftsman plastic storage cases

That code seems to work on a lot "lower price" items btw
Got "This promo code has expired." message
Jul 23, 2010
415 posts
1460 upvotes
Québec
I also get "This promo code has expired." when trying to use "SAVEMORE".
Oct 2, 2007
180 posts
67 upvotes
I’m now getting the same message. Must’ve been lucky

Weird thing is that Lowes.ca automatically applied the code from my last shopping session.