Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Kobalt 9 Amp 12-in Corded Electric Chainsaw for $65.45 or Kobalt 12 Amp 16-in Corded Electric Chainsaw for $74.25

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 9:42 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1634 posts
9454 upvotes
MILTON

[Lowe's] Kobalt 9 Amp 12-in Corded Electric Chainsaw for $65.45 or Kobalt 12 Amp 16-in Corded Electric Chainsaw for $74.25

both of these models are on clearance so supplies are low.

Kobalt 9 Amp 12-in Corded Electric Chainsaw

Kobalt 12 Amp 16-in Corded Electric Chainsaw

Additional Saving Possiblities: sign-up for e-mail subscription and save additional $10.

Last edited by immad01 on May 31st, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
Seems that Lowes.com isn't even accessible to look for more reviews. I just get redirected to the Canadian site. Strange too that the smaller model has a higher regular price than the larger model.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1775 posts
2879 upvotes
Kingston
Are these any good? Also which one is better for just regular backyard use which small trees?
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1634 posts
9454 upvotes
MILTON
xtrmDeals wrote: Are these any good? Also which one is better for just regular backyard use which small trees?
i got 12 inch one. i also signed up for e-mail & got additional $10 off.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1775 posts
2879 upvotes
Kingston
Got the 12" one. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
Any uses for a chainsaw for an urban homeowner? Or is it just a cottage/country thing
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Thomasthetrainengine wrote: Guys chainsaws are not meant to be corded.
1. Safety
2. Power
Bunk. If you are sober enough to operate any type of chainsaw responsibly, then there should be no difference in safety no matter the type. Power is relative, depending on your needs, but sure gas powered machines are obliviously better, but again it depends on your needs. I have both, and use my electric one more often than the gas, because like most weekend warrior homeowners, it is usually only a few logs that need cutting or some light limbing of trees on your property. Much easier to plug in an electric unit and use it immediately, then put it away immediately afterwards, than have to deal with a gas unit for most jobs. My gas unit comes out for serious work, but I'll always find uses for my crappy no name electric one that I bought at Zellers for like nothing at all 15 years ago that is still going strong.
Apr 16, 2014
47 posts
37 upvotes
BC
You may like it but i gave my opinion.
I did logging for living.

Chain needs to be kept upto date with a file.

But if user think gas powered one are too cumbersome than buy a battery one.

Cheers
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
FYI, the 16" was regularly on sale for $89, so even though this is "clearance" price, you're not really saving that much yet. I suspect they will continue to drop in price.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Nov 13, 2013
930 posts
1026 upvotes
Quebec
Thomasthetrainengine wrote: You may like it but i gave my opinion.
I did logging for living.

Chain needs to be kept upto date with a file.

But if user think gas powered one are too cumbersome than buy a battery one.

Cheers
I have a Stihl MS-261 but I also want something cheap to cut some small pieces of my Smoker without the toxic chain oil. Don't mind if it's corded for that specific need
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2006
1084 posts
532 upvotes
JP3ll3ti3r wrote: I have a Stihl MS-261 but I also want something cheap to cut some small pieces of my Smoker without the toxic chain oil. Don't mind if it's corded for that specific need
I got the 16" and these electrics still need chain oil. Am I missing something here?

Agreed, much less power than a gas model but if you are just cutting down some small trees and bushes around the house, this is perfect.
Nov 13, 2013
930 posts
1026 upvotes
Quebec
Nanodollars wrote: I got the 16" and these electrics still need chain oil. Am I missing something here?

Agreed, much less power than a gas model but if you are just cutting down some small trees and bushes around the house, this is perfect.
You can use vegetable oil in a chainsaw, even Stihl is selling eco-friendly oil made with a vegetable oil base but $$$. I want a chainsaw dedicated to "food-safe" wood with vegetable oil
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2006
1084 posts
532 upvotes
JP3ll3ti3r wrote: You can use vegetable oil in a chainsaw, even Stihl is selling one but $$$. I want a chainsaw dedicated to "food-safe" wood with vegetable oil
Ah! Thanks for the info, I'm going to do this for the bush in the flower bed.
Sep 22, 2007
92 posts
21 upvotes
Chatham
Got 12 amp. Thanks. Was looking for a cheap saw. with $10 off nice deal
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
Agreed, electric and cordless have their places... obviously gas powered ones are for "heavy" work. FYI, keep an eye out for the black and decker 40v on amazon.ca https://www.amazon.ca/LCS1240-40-volt-C ... 844&sr=8-5

It's a nice unit but does use quite a bit of oil during use. I got mine for $108 about 8mths ago so prices fluctuate widely on amazon, comes with battery and charger. For light duty work but it can take down some big stuff if need be.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Nov 30, 2018
783 posts
843 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got this chainsaw today but it does not come with the motor oil. What type of oil should I get? I Could not find anything on youtube about this chainsaw or the manufacturer web site. Thanks in advance.
Jan 13, 2008
517 posts
513 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Thanks OP. Ended up buying the 16" one.
I borrowed once a 12" and found to be too small and under powered.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2005
1275 posts
641 upvotes
Fksdom wrote: I got this chainsaw today but it does not come with the motor oil. What type of oil should I get? I Could not find anything on youtube about this chainsaw or the manufacturer web site. Thanks in advance.
same for me. I only found out after I I used it for 1 hour I decided to that I needed to put the motor oil.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)