Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Kobalt KT1015 10-in 15 Amp Table Saw with Folding Stand

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2017 11:11 am
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1679 posts
2000 upvotes
GTA

[Lowe's] Kobalt KT1015 10-in 15 Amp Table Saw with Folding Stand

Saw this on their Father's Day special email flyer. Probably not a high end table saw but it comes with a stand, and having an average rating of 4.2/5 from 345 reviews it seems like a good deal. It looks like the special price expires by the end of today.
Images
  • IMG_2222.PNG
11 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1401 posts
665 upvotes
Toronto
IFU wrote: Hi OP,

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but more of a comparison.. How does the Ryobi at Home Depot compare to this? Anyone have any experience? The reviews for both seem pretty similar:

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.15-a ... 88069.html
+1
[/quote]

Not sure about Kobalt but the Ryobi is not mobile and cheaply built. Get the Rigid instead, I got mine for $279.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.15-a ... 34294.html
Apr 29, 2017
55 posts
48 upvotes
got the Kobalt a few months ago when it was on sale and I'm pretty happy so far. it's great if you have the space for it, otherwise it's pretty big and takes up significant room in my garage.

Just like the previous thread, there is always complaints about the fence. You'll have to adjust the back and the front and it does take up a little bit of time to get it to square up properly but for the price, I've learned to live with it.
Nov 19, 2011
204 posts
81 upvotes
London
I bought the Ryobi saw just now, need it for a short term project and likely won't use it again. Thanks for the heads up. Ryobi makes a good product and this saw is not to be compared with others twice the cost for sure but it is good for some of us now.
Dec 4, 2011
341 posts
364 upvotes
Guelph
Redmnm wrote: got the Kobalt a few months ago when it was on sale and I'm pretty happy so far. it's great if you have the space for it, otherwise it's pretty big and takes up significant room in my garage.

Just like the previous thread, there is always complaints about the fence. You'll have to adjust the back and the front and it does take up a little bit of time to get it to square up properly but for the price, I've learned to live with it.
+1

For the price, and the convenience of rolling it out of my garage to the driveway, using it for a few quick rips, and then collapsing the cart in 1 movement and rolling the whole thing back into the garage -- it's pretty great.
May 11, 2006
395 posts
320 upvotes
I bought this saw back at the end of November (for $224+tax) .. Its a pretty nice saw..
The cart isnt as nice as the one I have for my bosch mitre saw but its still good and mobile.

I recommend installing a freud sawblade
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1433 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought the Kobalt saw a year ago for some reno work. It was around $225+tax. I believe the lowest price in Canada was $199+tax but I don't expect to see that kind of price ever again unless the CAD gets stronger. Considering the price, features, and build quality, I'd give it a 4/5 star rating.

You won't find a better saw for under $300. The built in gravity stand isn't as nice as the one on the $800 Bosch saw, but the Kobalt one is light years better than the Ridgid R45161 w/ wheels but no stand.

For the people that don't know, the Kobalt saw is basically a rebranded Delta 36-6020.
https://www.amazon.com/Delta-Power-Tool ... B00V7UHBAY

Note most of the complaints about the Kobalt/Delta saw is about the fence design. If you use it as per the user manual, then it's a crappy fence. If you square the fence to the miter slots (same as squaring the fence to the blade or the table), then lock the fence to the side extension, it becomes a pretty decent fence equivalent to the rack and pinion design on the Dewalt table saws. Google/youtube how this works. I have a feeling this is an undocumented feature because Dewalt owns the patent for the rack and pinion design and Delta would get sued if they advertised it to work this way.

in the under $500 range, my preference would be:
1) the Ridgid R4513 @ $400+tax currently on sale
2) the Kobalt Kt1015 which i think is the best bang for the buck for a home owner @ $240 (but look out for 1 day sales in their emails where the price might drop a little more before father's day)
Last edited by turbo_slug on Jun 5th, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.