551 posts
538 upvotes
London, ON

Kobalt table saw 50% off for $249.50 plus free Kobalt Mitre saw

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Lowes
Seems like pretty hot deal since it includes a free Mitre saw. I know the folding table saw often goes on sale for around this price, but I haven't seen it include the Mitre saw free. Mitre saw often on sale for around $100.

Listed in newest flyer starting tomorrow.
https://flyers.lowes.ca/h/m/lowes/item/ ... =1&page=20
9 replies
Jul 15, 2018
86 posts
34 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Wow, I had been looking at getting a 10" in a stand for a while for smaller cut stuff, this seems insanely good if I can sell the Mitre for like $150ish to offset the cost.

Anyone used the Kobalt table saw before? I assume it's good for most home garage's?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
45006 posts
5560 upvotes
Richmond Hill
KoRpJazz wrote: Wow, I had been looking at getting a 10" in a stand for a while for smaller cut stuff, this seems insanely good if I can sell the Mitre for like $150ish to offset the cost.

Anyone used the Kobalt table saw before? I assume it's good for most home garage's?
Good luck with that, the mitre is constantly sold at $99 and down to $79 from time to time.

The table saw, I heard, is alright but the fence is not very accurate. Don’t depend on it for anything precise.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Jul 15, 2018
86 posts
34 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Jon Lai wrote: Good luck with that, the mitre is constantly sold at $99 and down to $79 from time to time.

The table saw, I heard, is alright but the fence is not very accurate. Don’t depend on it for anything precise.
Even in the $80-100 range that would still offset the cost a fairly ridiculous amount. Quality wise sounds like it is right in line with the Mastercraft one that goes on sale regularly .
Jul 15, 2018
86 posts
34 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Jon Lai wrote: Good luck with that, the mitre is constantly sold at $99 and down to $79 from time to time.

Even in the $80-100 range that would still offset the cost a fairly ridiculous amount. Quality wise sounds like it is right in line with the Mastercraft one that goes on sale regularly .
May 31, 2007
319 posts
183 upvotes
The fence is accurate, its just a pain in the ass. It attaches from both sides and you will have to make 2 measurements. Its annoying but for the price, you can complain too much. Other than that, its a pretty good saw.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
45006 posts
5560 upvotes
Richmond Hill
KoRpJazz wrote: Even in the $80-100 range that would still offset the cost a fairly ridiculous amount. Quality wise sounds like it is right in line with the Mastercraft one that goes on sale regularly .
That is true, but consider that the table saw is regularly on sale for $199, less with 10% coupon. So really, this is still a good deal, you will save a bit more by reselling the saw, but not by much. If you are only interested in the table saw, you are probably better off waiting for it to go back to $199 and avoid the hassle of reselling.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1130 posts
268 upvotes
Vaughan
my sister in law has the kobalt table table. i have the rigid R4513. night and day between these two. it's great for most home owners and DIYers but if you've used a better table saw before, you'll notice the difference.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1113 posts
253 upvotes
Really can't recommend this table saw. The riving knife weirdly only accepts 2.6mm kerf widths which makes it incompatible with many blades!
May 31, 2007
319 posts
183 upvotes
KennethToronto wrote: Really can't recommend this table saw. The riving knife weirdly only
accepts 2.6mm kerf widths which makes it incompatible with many blades!
Thats more of a you problem vs the saws though lol