Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Kwikset Arch Electronic Deadbolt with Lighted Keypad $64.50 W/FS (-$10 Coupon)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2020 3:04 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 16, 2009
3449 posts
1451 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Slono wrote: Home Depot’s online order pickup counter efficiency is much better than Lowe’s. Maybe it’s just the Brampton Location at Bovaird and 410. The managers there are a bunch of buffoons and never have anything ready when you come to the counter.
It's all lowes'

Whitby, Oshawa, Pickering, they all act as if everything is below their paygrade, or they just don't care. Home depot has always been stellar, maybe slow at times, but little to no complaints. Well, the markham (hwy 7/woodbine one blows)
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 10, 2005
2393 posts
489 upvotes
I returned it to the store. Store shows 15 in stock but the associate could not find them.

End up calling online and place another order.
King of the farm
Sr. Member
May 20, 2003
512 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
hurricane wrote: I've had this for a few years, 4 maybe? Works great as others above have described. Only issue is that the finish is starting to wear a bit. I have the polished brass model.
There’s a lifetime warranty on the finish
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1165 posts
176 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
my0gr81 wrote: I've have had this one for three years now. It works great, but it's power hungry, specially in cold weather. It takes 4 AA batteries.
I use lithium batteries for my electronic locks. For the ones in unheated buildings, it has made a world of difference. For the others, I've never changed the batteries in over 3 years.
"The world has moved on."
Roland the Gunslinger
Member
Jan 14, 2008
373 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
Slono wrote: Home Depot’s online order pickup counter efficiency is much better than Lowe’s. Maybe it’s just the Brampton Location at Bovaird and 410. The managers there are a bunch of buffoons and never have anything ready when you come to the counter.
Agree that lowes is poorly managed... I did see a change in the employees recently.. i heard they walked out a lot of the employees a few weeks ago

The home Depot location at Trinity common now has electronic lockers after the first set of doors on the left. You just use the touchscreen to authenticate yourself and a door opens with your product. Nice to see in store pickups being innovated.
Member
Apr 16, 2019
311 posts
259 upvotes
To those who buy from Lowes and Home depot regularly, how long do you have to return it if it is defective or breaks down?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1051 posts
275 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: Related to this deal - are these quikset similar to the Schlage models? If so those are some of the best keyless locks to purchase...
Edit: NVM, if this takes AA batteries and has a motor it is nothing like the Schlage.
You mean schlage digital locks don't take AA batteries and with motor?
Member
Jul 22, 2009
280 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Had one on my garage for about 6 months. Removed it because I wanted a smart system and moved to Schlage.

It is sitting in my garage, if anyone wants it will sell for $30. PM me.
Its nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1844 posts
880 upvotes
ykhehra1 wrote: You mean schlage digital locks don't take AA batteries and with motor?
Not the one I have. It takes 9v and is a manual turn, which is super durable and keeps the battery running longer.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 10, 2005
2393 posts
489 upvotes
Rooster wrote: I returned it to the store. Store shows 15 in stock but the associate could not find them.

End up calling online and place another order.
Lol, my luck. Got the new one came with 2 French instructions. Tested it before installation and work.

Installed work for until programming. Stop working. Back to the store it goes. And never again with this brand.
King of the farm
Member
Feb 8, 2017
223 posts
79 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: Related to this deal - are these quikset similar to the Schlage models? If so those are some of the best keyless locks to purchase...
Edit: NVM, if this takes AA batteries and has a motor it is nothing like the Schlage.
I have to agree. The Schlage that I have is amazing. One nine volt that lasts forever. The mechanism just engages so that you turn the bolt from the outside. Uses no power and is very durable.
Newbie
Apr 23, 2007
50 posts
7 upvotes
Agreed. I have both locks. The kwikset is fine but the schlage is far superior. I wish I bought 2 schlages.
Waiting the few secs for the kwikset to groan open each time is painful.
Member
Jan 14, 2008
373 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
razrsharp wrote: Not the one I have. It takes 9v and is a manual turn, which is super durable and keeps the battery running longer.
I have this schlage manual turn one provided by the builder for my home.. its about 2 years old and has failed working. It lights up but the manual turn fails to move any parts inside...
I have to remove it and check it out... i hate it and its not reliable in my experience...
I have an electronic one on the front door and that is way more utilized and has been reliable.
For batteries, i suggest using lithium batteries which are much more durable and temperature tolerant...
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1844 posts
880 upvotes
gc99 wrote: I have this schlage manual turn one provided by the builder for my home.. its about 2 years old and has failed working. It lights up but the manual turn fails to move any parts inside...
I have to remove it and check it out... i hate it and its not reliable in my experience...
I have an electronic one on the front door and that is way more utilized and has been reliable.
For batteries, i suggest using lithium batteries which are much more durable and temperature tolerant...
I've had mine since 2015 and zero issues. Only had to change the batteries once in that time.
Newbie
Dec 1, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
xmdkx4u2nv wrote: Had one on my garage for about 6 months. Removed it because I wanted a smart system and moved to Schlage.

It is sitting in my garage, if anyone wants it will sell for $30. PM me.
PM'd you

Top