Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Little Giant Ladders 22.0-ft Aluminum 300.0-lb Telescoping Type IA Multi-position Ladder $220

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 4:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2392 posts
1004 upvotes
Surrey

[Lowe's] Little Giant Ladders 22.0-ft Aluminum 300.0-lb Telescoping Type IA Multi-position Ladder $220

These are newer version, instead of pull out one, you just rotate the ratchet

LINK
24 replies
Jun 12, 2018
57 posts
35 upvotes
Petawawa, Ontario
Nice looking multi ladder. I bought the Mastercraft 21' one last year for $175 and while I like it I think I'd like this one better. The locking system and individual leg extensions both look like nice features
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3515 posts
975 upvotes
stevo88 wrote: Nice looking multi ladder. I bought the Mastercraft 21' one last year for $175 and while I like it I think I'd like this one better. The locking system and individual leg extensions both look like nice features
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... 1056p.html

this one? Is that a good price or is OPs worth the premium?
Apr 28, 2013
105 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
No experience on the Mastercraft one, but the LittleGiant ladder is awesome!

I am mildly afraid of height, but I feel safe climbing on my LittleGiant ladder, because it does not shake (due to its weight I guess)
Jun 12, 2018
57 posts
35 upvotes
Petawawa, Ontario
hvc wrote: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... 1056p.html

Yes that's the one. I've seen it as low as the $140s. If the CT one was on sale now at $140 it would be tough to want to buy the Little Giant. Without doing alot of research I think the Little Giant is a better ladder and it's reflected in the price of $220. You could get $10 off that with the newsletter discount.

Hard to say, if you need a ladder like this right now the Little Giant is a good buy. If not and you're looking to save as much as possible wait for the CT one to go back to $140ish
Jun 12, 2018
57 posts
35 upvotes
Petawawa, Ontario
Glennnnn wrote: No experience on the Mastercraft one, but the LittleGiant ladder is awesome!

I am mildly afraid of height, but I feel safe climbing on my LittleGiant ladder, because it does not shake (due to its weight I guess)
I hate heights but feel relatively safe on the Mastercraft one. More so in step ladder mode. It's heavy duty for sure just missing some nice touches the Little Giant has. I would bet with either of these fully extended in extension ladder mode, that comfort level decreases substantially. I know it did for me when I was ~20 ft up with a drill in one hand. I'm not sure any other ladder would make me feel better though.
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
14756 posts
3654 upvotes
Markham
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Feb 8, 2006
332 posts
35 upvotes
i tried the mastercraft one and its not even on the same level as the little giant. after trying the little giant as well, i ended up getting it. it's just easier to use, more solid, and reliable.

BUT that doesnt mean the mastercraft is a bad ladder, it'll definitely do the job and you save a good amount in the process. It's really a case of whether or not you're willing to spend for the quality of the little giants.
Nov 24, 2012
965 posts
740 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Thanks for posting, OP, it is good ladder. However, it has been on sale for considerably less; I bought ours (same model, I just checked the model number and the image against ours) for $165 from RONA in December.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9769 posts
4916 upvotes
Markham
The leg extensions are really useful for setting up on non flat surfaces. Wished mine ladder had that. Adding it to a ladder after the fact is not cheap.

If you're scared of heights/ladders, these ladders are super stable vs the cheap aluminum's or regular ladders as the base is much wider and the weight helps.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Feb 20, 2008
358 posts
435 upvotes
tvisforme wrote: Thanks for posting, OP, it is good ladder. However, it has been on sale for considerably less; I bought ours (same model, I just checked the model number and the image against ours) for $165 from RONA in December.
That WAS THE DEAL!!!! Even better than the Amazon prime day deal(without the leveller).

I would love to find a 17 footer with a leveller at a crazy price, to go with my LG 22 footer, 13 footer, stepladder.....
Mar 3, 2005
808 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
I have a little giant,

Warning it's heavy... for a ladder. Would be annoying to use for painting or small tasks around the house. I would say it's good as a second ladder. Your primary ladder should be ultra light one for everyday tasks imo
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3210 posts
2057 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
hvc wrote: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... 1056p.html

The main locking mechanism on the Mastercraft is a horrible f**king piece of sh*t. It jams badly, and you'll bruise your hand trying to get it it engage. The Little Giant is a vastly superior ladder.
I regretted buying that Mastercraft ladder the second summer I owned it.

I don't dick around with ladders anymore. My health is worth the extra cost of a quality ladder.
Jul 23, 2015
30 posts
30 upvotes
dangerousfob wrote: I have a little giant,

Warning it's heavy... for a ladder. Would be annoying to use for painting or small tasks around the house. I would say it's good as a second ladder. Your primary ladder should be ultra light one for everyday tasks imo
Agreed. I bought one (similar) at Costco. When I was trying to reach the roof gutter, at full extension, it was hard to put up and take now, especially in tighter spaces (spaceway between two houses). While I was able to do it on my own, a couple of times, I didn't get the right leverage and it almost fell on my head. Good to have an extra body around if you need the full height.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2040 posts
268 upvotes
Great ladder. Super afraid of heights, but this made it much more bearable. Solid (and heavy), and bundled with the ratcheting legs made it super stable on uneven surfaces.

Price is okay. It was previously on sale during one of those promotions at Lowes where 2 can be purchased for $284.33 after tax. Regardless, if you need a ladder of this type, go with LG.