Lowe’s 20% off purchases $450 and up

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 9:55 am
[OP]
Aug 23, 2009
360 posts
80 upvotes

[Lowe's] Lowe’s 20% off purchases $450 and up

Not sure if this has been posted yet but Lowe’s has a promo running right now for 20% off purchases $450 and up using promo code save20. I was successfully able to add a Samsung electric range to my shopping cart and apply the 20% off! Original purchase price of $798. With the discount price came down to $638. A savings of $160!! I Didn’t complete the purchase online at Lowe’s as I got Home Depot to price match as I had some gift cards there. Thought I’d share if you are also in the market for a big purchase. Happy hunting!!
90 replies
Oct 27, 2009
661 posts
445 upvotes
Hamilton
On regular priced items only.
Oct 27, 2009
661 posts
445 upvotes
Hamilton
On regular priced items only. No big deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2601 posts
417 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Thanks a lot OP! Now I have to go back to HD and get more money back on my recent appliance purchase.
Apr 18, 2013
40 posts
11 upvotes
Regina
Weber shows as excluded but it took the code. Time for a new BBQ!!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2264 posts
1840 upvotes
Hamilton
hoagieh wrote: Weber shows as excluded but it took the code. Time for a new BBQ!!
Works on Kamado Joe too.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2860 posts
582 upvotes
Works on a LG washer dryer. Hot!
Jul 19, 2007
397 posts
96 upvotes
Markham
Looking for a gas range and code is applying successfully even though the terms says exclude major appliances. Does anyone know if gas range is not part of major appliances definition?
I am tempted to order online as physical store may deny in store purchase. Does anyone know if Lowe's cancels major appliances online order if I buy online.
Nov 27, 2013
121 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Does the Ontario 25% energy saving stack?
Mar 15, 2013
755 posts
395 upvotes
Fredericton
laughingoh wrote: Does the Ontario 25% energy saving stack?
Yes it does if done in store. Some are getting HD to price beat by 10% on top and then the 25% ON rebate come off. Great deals to be had...
Jun 6, 2011
62 posts
7 upvotes
How do you manage to stack the save20 with the 25% rebate?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2138 posts
1213 upvotes
Ottawa
dina_patel wrote: How do you manage to stack the save20 with the 25% rebate?
25% is in store only and considering the 20% isn't supposed to apply to appliances, I would say HUGE YMMV.
Dec 2, 2014
458 posts
186 upvotes
London, ON
laughingoh wrote: Does the Ontario 25% energy saving stack?
Yes I paid under a $1000 each on a new dishwasher, washer and dryer.
Apr 5, 2017
842 posts
201 upvotes
Does this apply to lumber products (deck materials) too ?
Aug 21, 2012
106 posts
47 upvotes
Winnipeg
*Caution* Buyer Beware.

It’s been nearly 3 weeks awaiting refund for a returned Lowe’s online order. Multiple visits to store, called, emailed. Basically, assurances come that it’ll be figured out by someone else but that they cannot do anything for me in the interim (it’s the stores issue or the Lowe’s.ca).

Apparently this is common experience with this new system...

Background:
I bought a fire table online for pickup, but when I went to pickup Lowe’s had a better price. Since they have a new “system” no one knows how to do adjustments or returns involving Lowe’s online orders. Instead the dept manager “returned the original order” and I purchased a new table at the better price. Three weeks now waiting for the refund of the original table. $500
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7207 posts
1189 upvotes
London
agapeverdad wrote: *Caution* Buyer Beware.

It’s been nearly 3 weeks awaiting refund for a returned Lowe’s online order. Multiple visits to store, called, emailed. Basically, assurances come that it’ll be figured out by someone else but that they cannot do anything for me in the interim (it’s the stores issue or the Lowe’s.ca).

Apparently this is common experience with this new system...

Background:
I bought a fire table online for pickup, but when I went to pickup Lowe’s had a better price. Since they have a new “system” no one knows how to do adjustments or returns involving Lowe’s online orders. Instead the dept manager “returned the original order” and I purchased a new table at the better price. Three weeks now waiting for the refund of the original table. $500

Their "new" ordering system has been a disaster. NOBODY can use it properly.
Last edited by Hibbing on Sep 6th, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 21, 2012
106 posts
47 upvotes
Winnipeg
On top of that their customer service is swamped and takes min. 30 minutes to get through only to find out they can’t do anything.
There is no follow up, email responses state they will reply in 48 hrs... it’s now been 168 hrs or a week.

Apparently when they do finally figure it out, it’ll take 5-7 business days to process.

Seriously, buyer beware of Lowe’s. Seems as well organized as Target Canada...
Jul 20, 2012
134 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone was curious, they also have the 15% contractor discount from their credit card but it DOES NOT stack on this discount sadly...
Jul 15, 2003
838 posts
995 upvotes
Tried to pricematch in store purchase we made on a major appliance (fridge). I talked to the manager at store who says they don't price match online and even then, IT EXCLUDES MAJOR APPLIANCES, the buy more save more promo. He said the orders will be cancelled. I actually read the fine prints and:

Buy More, Save More
This offer is valid Thursday to Wednesday, September 5 to 11, 2019 at participating stores or at lowes.ca (for the participating stores). The amounts calculated before tax and after applicable discounts. Valid on regular price products only. Limit of 15 units of the same product except for the 40-gal., 50-gal. and 60-gal. electric water heaters, for which the quantity is limited to 2 per customer. Doesn’t apply to purchases of construction lumber (wood, plywood, OSB, treated wood, cedar, composite), asphalt shingles, gypsum panels, major appliances and branded products: iRobot, Ring, Canexel, Rockwool, Dyson, Google Home, Nest, Ecobee, Broil King, Kamado Joe, Napoleon, Traeger, Weber, Arlo, Samsung Smart Home, Lutron Caseta and Clearance products.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)