• Jul 23rd, 2020 10:28 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 28, 2014
113 posts
409 upvotes
Vancouver

[Lowe's] Lowe’s- greencross grass seed and fertilizers

Lowe’s’ Has greencross products (Lowe’s house brand) on sale. Seeds and fertilizers.

For example
  • 10 kg grass seed mix fescue/rye/bluegrass- 34.74 (57.99 regular)
  • 12 kg Fertilizer 30-0-3 17.99 (29.99 regular)
Based on the packaging and online response to questions from customers, I believe greencross is produced by Scott’s.
Last edited by whytibear on Jul 23rd, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't buy it if you don't need it.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
1542 posts
1848 upvotes
Terrible reviews..
<signature length too long>
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1340 posts
760 upvotes
Ajax
Best grass seed I have ever used...not sure what those people were using. Been using this stuff for 3 years now and would never go back to using anything else...thx OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2524 posts
3369 upvotes
Toronto
superscoots wrote: Terrible reviews..
lol 2 reviews and thats all you believe? growing grass successfully depends on the person doing it. gotta pick the right time and maintain watering. My neighbour has been trying since June trying to grow grass, but they are not keeping up with the watering... nothing came up especially with all the heat we have been having... they put down some garden soil, and some seed, probably the uncoated ones as well, not much watering and therefore no germination. but because of the exposed soil, weeds are taking over...

I dug up a patch of grass maybe 3x3..... laid down some lawn soil, throw down some regular grass seed, water morning, afternoon, evening cover it with a shade cloth when the sun hits that spot. germination happened in 4 days, and now that patch is as green as it can be. This all happened last week when we had the heat wave.

working from home means I can keep up with the watering and never let it dry out. but you gotta water water water.